•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They obviously need $$

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    'Zactly.

NEFC should be looking higher than GPS. Weird new marketing strategy that have going on now.

Comment

These posts that suggest there's a single club that doesn't want more money and instead it's need that is the driver or that quantity (more money) takes a back seat to quality (whatever the **** that means)... LOL

Comment

Not a Stars dad; with a club unaffiliated with the above. Which is why we get so many e-mails.

But, that's irrelevant. The facts are we are getting easily 4x the amount of NEFC e-mails this year than last. They are topping everyone else combined. Add in the TS post which number over a dozen pushing for players, and the $$$ issue makes sense.

Call Stars what you want, and I've called them plenty, but they make tons of money.
        Pull the tax return on Stars you’d be shocked on why they make and the salaries

Comment

Pull the tax return on Stars you’d be shocked on why they make and the salaries
          Too high or too low?

Comment

Too high or too low?
            beacoup dinero

Comment

That NEFC is working toward the cattle model that GPS uses? Quantity over quality?
              When wasn't it that for any club? I'm being serious and I've had a kid play for NEFC and now elsewhere. I would say not since NEP's 3rd year at the latest have you seen any club not be willing to expand to a point of taking checks from parents for rec players. Before then was a bit different and it was just GPS among the club's who fielded top level teams in the state whip would do this as a business practice. A decade ago or more several clubs would have never taken checks from parents for the quality of player their taking now. They're ALL in the rec soccer business now.

Comment

NEFC should be looking higher than GPS.
                Why not add ever last paying parent to fill out the next variation of elite, united, or whatever from this region or that region to subsidize the entire operation?

It's been the standard business model in the industry and what every club hopes to do.

Comment

Why not add ever last paying parent to fill out the next variation of elite, united, or whatever from this region or that region to subsidize the entire operation?

It's been the standard business model in the industry and what every club hopes to do.
                  Stars Northboro is filling the inbox daily

Comment

When wasn't it that for any club? I'm being serious and I've had a kid play for NEFC and now elsewhere. I would say not since NEP's 3rd year at the latest have you seen any club not be willing to expand to a point of taking checks from parents for rec players. Before then was a bit different and it was just GPS among the club's who fielded top level teams in the state whip would do this as a business practice. A decade ago or more several clubs would have never taken checks from parents for the quality of player their taking now. They're ALL in the rec soccer business now.
                    A decade ago, most clubs were small operations. It wasn’t that they were being selective, it’s that they didn’t have the resources to accommodate more players. They would have gladly taken more checks then as well. The training was better then, regardless. Coaches were focused on their players. Players got more attention in small groups rather than huge , overcrowded practices. They eventually add coaches, and got playing fields, etc. The quality of soccer and player development has suffered immensely with the walmartization of youth soccer.

Comment

Yes they are. They ALL are, except for a few smaller clubs And academies that are keeping it real. I don’t see this changing anytime soon. I’d love to see a smaller pay to play system “elite” system, and a large robust low cost rec. system. In every sport. Do you think this will ever happen? Why or why not?

Comment

Absolutely true, although I think clubs were being more selective then and also parents weren't nearly as hell-bent on putting a club soccer label on every child, even those that lacked any athletic potential whatsoever. Ultimately, town soccer failed miserably to deliver an appropriate development environment and far too many parents reached for the brass ring of club soccer, seeking prestige and development opportunities that would hopefully elevate their children.

There is nothing wrong with a club being small, selective, and development focused, but those clubs are few and far between.

A decade ago, most clubs were small operations. It wasn’t that they were being selective, it’s that they didn’t have the resources to accommodate more players. They would have gladly taken more checks then as well. The training was better then, regardless. Coaches were focused on their players. Players got more attention in small groups rather than huge , overcrowded practices. They eventually add coaches, and got playing fields, etc. The quality of soccer and player development has suffered immensely with the walmartization of youth soccer.

Comment

If you build it, they will come. And build and build, diluting and distorting the meaning of elite, in marketing elite, they have.

Comment

If you build it, they will come. And build and build, diluting and distorting the meaning of elite, in marketing elite, they have.
                            Is anyone going tonight? We need a ride.

Comment

Stars Northboro is filling the inbox daily
                              Killing me my in box gets them daily is this region low on players

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X