Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s why so many are negative on GPS; poor past experiences make them want to warn other parents before they make the same mistake. What GPS fears most is honest reviews from past parents who’ve seen the lack of quality coaching and poor organization firsthand.
    Sorry you had a bad experience. Ours was good

Comment

That’s why so many are negative on GPS; poor past experiences make them want to warn other parents before they make the same mistake. What GPS fears most is honest reviews from past parents who’ve seen the lack of quality coaching and poor organization firsthand.
      Perhaps it’s time for you to get over it, and move on.

Comment

The issue with your discussion is that you are trying to compare a very small number of unhappy parents with the 99% that are having a good time at GPS. If GPS was that bad why are they still so strong with player count all over the country? They are running programs in Spain, England, Greece, Puerto Rico and Malta and are the largest soccer club in the US.

Comment

The issue with your discussion is that you are trying to compare a very small number of unhappy parents with the 99% that are having a good time at GPS. If GPS was that bad why are they still so strong with player count all over the country? They are running programs in Spain, England, Greece, Puerto Rico and Malta and are the largest soccer club in the US.
          I don’t eat at McDonalds but lots of stupid people do

Comment

When will we get ECNL?
            Never.

Comment

Because a lot of people make bad decisions. It’s not hard to find the 3 star product on Amazon with 2k+ reviews because people buy before taking the time to look and listen. You’ve got plenty of poor first hand accounts from parents on this thread topped off with a discussion of GPS suing its coaches for walking off the job as proof. But I’m sure some sucker will still register their kid there tomorrow...

Comment

Nobody takes time out of their day, to make posts on TS about or for their “friends”. Cut the BS. If you are on here, it’s because you have some kind of personal involvement with a particular club. Either you get pay check from the club, or you had some past involvement with a club, and can’t seem to get over it and move on. GPS is huge and many players take part in it. They agree to pay the price they pay, and nobody is forcing them. They will find out if it’s worth it to them or not. If they like it, they’ll stay. If they don’t like it, they’ll go elsewhere. There are plenty of clubs looking for players and coaches. GPS probably doesn’t need you.
                In my initial post, I made it clear that my kid does not play at GPS and never has (I write my checks to FC Stars-- I don't receive checks from them). My daughter's very close friend played one year on a GPS regional team (paying more than we pay for ECNL), had 2 coaching changes mid-season and wasn't happy with the training. All of this is true and perhaps it could help someone deciding between GPS and another, less expensive club. I was referring to price vs. value for GPS. You don't need to be so defensive.

Comment

Consider club reviews like what you see on Yelp!....rarely does anyone post the positive but forget their soup spoon and all hell breaks loose...

Comment

Consider club reviews like what you see on Yelp!....rarely does anyone post the positive but forget their soup spoon and all hell breaks loose...
                    That’s right; take a chance, ignore the reviews, and roll the dice with your kids’ development and your own time and money on the line.

Comment

That’s right; take a chance, ignore the reviews, and roll the dice with your kids’ development and your own time and money on the line.
                      Anybody who takes advice from anonymous sources with no context of how their situation relates to their is an idiot.

Almost as idiotic as those who think they are giving such unwarranted advice without an agenda and it's somehow meaningful.

Comment

Anybody who takes advice from anonymous sources with no context of how their situation relates to their is an idiot.

Almost as idiotic as those who think they are giving such unwarranted advice without an agenda and it's somehow meaningful.
                        My experience is that anyone who advocates this strongly for GPS must be on their payroll.

Comment

My experience is that anyone who advocates this strongly for GPS must be on their payroll.
                          That was my first post on the subject.

But, to add, my experience is that anyone who advocates this strongly against GPS must be on someone else's payroll.

Comment

Imagine charging $5,000 a year because your coach has an accent

Comment

Imagine charging $5,000 a year because your coach has an accent
                              Even better, being charged $2200 a year for a coach who has an accent.

Comment

In my initial post, I made it clear that my kid does not play at GPS and never has (I write my checks to FC Stars-- I don't receive checks from them). My daughter's very close friend played one year on a GPS regional team (paying more than we pay for ECNL), had 2 coaching changes mid-season and wasn't happy with the training. All of this is true and perhaps it could help someone deciding between GPS and another, less expensive club. I was referring to price vs. value for GPS. You don't need to be so defensive.
                                I'll make it clear too. My D did play for GPS. 3 years: u12 year Regional, u13 NPL, u15 NPL. Birth Year skipped u14. It was a good experience. She played with friends and made new ones. Coaches were excellent, Team had success and I'm still friends with the parents.

I get why I'm motivated to post, I have friends there, and know girls that play there.
                                Honestly, I don't get why you are motivated to post nor why you feel credible posting about an experience that was through your daughter's friend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X