Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-10-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1) why the split with Everton?
2) who is a likely candidate to replace Everton?
3) people at NYSC saying they are getting full academy status soon. So merger with nysc not likely
Only a merger guarantees NYSC full DAP status. It also clears up a logjam from USSFs pov

Ever consider that the reason NYSC is so confident because they know a merger is coming.

In any scenario FCW loses its badge
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-10-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

An FCW and NYSC merger makes sense, but both clubs will fight it tooth and nail.

Both clubs have polar opposite approaches to relationship with NYCFC.

NYCFC is the chaos agent in the NY DAP scene.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

NYSC can probably survive without the DA badge. FCW might not survive with it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think this merger talk is overdone. Look at the DA map. http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-boys-u-13-14-club-map
Westchester has 1mm population. Plenty of similarly sized markets have cluster of many more teams. Westchester should be able to sustain 2, even with NYCFC moving in. FC coaching has been up and down but as the only full DA academy for now, it will continue to attract top talent. The new DO there is doing a good job.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think this merger talk is overdone. Look at the DA map. http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-boys-u-13-14-club-map
Westchester has 1mm population. Plenty of similarly sized markets have cluster of many more teams. Westchester should be able to sustain 2, even with NYCFC moving in. FC coaching has been up and down but as the only full DA academy for now, it will continue to attract top talent. The new DO there is doing a good job.
It's not overdone because the DA is actively pushing it.

So much hatred between the two. Did you know that the NYSC DOC hid in the bushes at FCW tryouts 2 years ago to see if any of his players were there?

Also interesting, when NEPAL fell apart, FCW asked NYCFC if they could put a few teams in the development league. It was subject to a unanimous member vote and all voted yes except NYSC.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Its an intense rivalry certainly. But that said, what's US Soccer DA's motivation to get them to merge when they are adding teams elsewhere. Simply to take back a spot after giving out NYCFC and Cosmos slots? Why would DA care that they merge? Rivalry alone is not a rationale. For a while, one could think it was about NYSC securing fields, but that problem sounds like will be solved soon. So why merge?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its an intense rivalry certainly. But that said, what's US Soccer DA's motivation to get them to merge when they are adding teams elsewhere. Simply to take back a spot after giving out NYCFC and Cosmos slots? Why would DA care that they merge? Rivalry alone is not a rationale. For a while, one could think it was about NYSC securing fields, but that problem sounds like will be solved soon. So why merge?
Back in June NYSC said there would be an announcement on permanent facilities but it hasn't happened yet. Is there any rumor as to where this will be?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its an intense rivalry certainly. But that said, what's US Soccer DA's motivation to get them to merge when they are adding teams elsewhere. Simply to take back a spot after giving out NYCFC and Cosmos slots? Why would DA care that they merge? Rivalry alone is not a rationale. For a while, one could think it was about NYSC securing fields, but that problem sounds like will be solved soon. So why merge?
USSFs motivation is to merge underperforming full DAPs with DAPs that have partial programs.

It allows them to keep the product strong by weeding out the underperforming DAPs and replacing with deserving partial programs.

It improves the overall product with a net/net no new clubs in established areas. See Beachside merger with South Central Premier several years ago.

It's something ECNL hasn't done
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How do you get that FCW is "underperforming"? Didn't their U16 make the national playoffs this year and they just had a kid named conference-best. And alum McNamara was just named to national team. Their younger teams won some State cups this year and most of their teams finish solidly middle of pack or better in each respective division. Just because they have had some coaching turnouver doesn't make them "underperforming".
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-11-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do you get that FCW is "underperforming"? Didn't their U16 make the national playoffs this year and they just had a kid named conference-best. And alum McNamara was just named to national team. Their younger teams won some State cups this year and most of their teams finish solidly middle of pack or better in each respective division. Just because they have had some coaching turnouver doesn't make them "underperforming".
A bunch of those 16s were from CT due to Everton alliance. Watch most of them leave for greener pastures
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.