Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Boys ecnl

Has anyone seen schedules yet? Will this league be any good?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If it's ECNL schedules won't be published until after HS ball.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone seen schedules yet? Will this league be any good?
I hope it is good, and that is succeeds.

My son made a DA when he was in sixth grade, but chose not to because he was looking forward to school ball. Sounds weird, but he didn't think DA was the "end game" and was happy playing with his team in NPL, now plays in EDP div 1. But, if ecnl was a choice he may have picked it since it allows school ball. Now, going in to 11th grade he has no desire to try ecnl.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hope it is good, and that is succeeds.

My son made a DA when he was in sixth grade, but chose not to because he was looking forward to school ball. Sounds weird, but he didn't think DA was the "end game" and was happy playing with his team in NPL, now plays in EDP div 1. But, if ecnl was a choice he may have picked it since it allows school ball. Now, going in to 11th grade he has no desire to try ecnl.
I hope it does well also. Giving up high is a tough decision and isn't in the best interest of most players. They just won't be professional or national team players - and that's OK for many. They just want to play good soccer and hopefully play in college. Now they'll have more choices of where to play. If it does what it has on the girls side kids will her lots of college exposure. It will probably take a few years to solidify itself because of older boys like your son not wanting to move.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How does ECNL season work? Starts after HS in November? How many games do they play across the year?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How does ECNL season work? Starts after HS in November? How many games do they play across the year?
Yes play starts in November. There are several national events, Events are held at San Diego, Florida and PA (FC Delco). Playoffs at the end of the year

There are 15 teams in NE Conference. See link for teams that are spread from MA to VA. Typically two games a weekend. I think home and away but not sure on that. They try to schedule games based on geography. For example play to PA teams in same weekend.

http://www.boysecnl.com/northeast-conference/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes play starts in November. There are several national events, Events are held at San Diego, Florida and PA (FC Delco). Playoffs at the end of the year

There are 15 teams in NE Conference. See link for teams that are spread from MA to VA. Typically two games a weekend. I think home and away but not sure on that. They try to schedule games based on geography. For example play to PA teams in same weekend.

http://www.boysecnl.com/northeast-conference/
YEs they double up on the home vs away games - so you go to MA for one weekend and play two games, then you're home for two games the next weekend. Somewhat more league travel and definitely more for national events One is usually at PDA), good competition (on the girls side, boys remains to be seen) and no doubt a good national platform for recruiting. If they can do what they've done on the girls' side I think it will take a bite out of DA.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
YEs they double up on the home vs away games - so you go to MA for one weekend and play two games, then you're home for two games the next weekend. Somewhat more league travel and definitely more for national events One is usually at PDA), good competition (on the girls side, boys remains to be seen) and no doubt a good national platform for recruiting. If they can do what they've done on the girls' side I think it will take a bite out of DA.
Boys events are Delco, Florida and San Diego

Boys will require more Travel than Girls due to size of the region.

Boys recruiting exposure will be way less than girls ECNL due to the existence of a first division (DAP) and overall less scholarships. Good to have options and boys Ecnl will take some players away from DAP
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That is a bonkers amount of travel for youth soccer. VA to Boston is a 450-mile trip!

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but not saying I'm not bonkers either 😀
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That is a bonkers amount of travel for youth soccer. VA to Boston is a 450-mile trip!

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but not saying I'm not bonkers either ��
But a MA or VA team only has to do that once - one round home, one round away. The boys regions re bigger but that may change if it grows. This area is lucky to be more in the middle.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.