Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh my! Connecticut is full of back stabbing b1tches who complain about everything and move their sons to new clubs every time they change their underwear! Makes Long Island MILFs look like a bunch of kittens.

Why is it parents of the girls are so much calmer? At least in my experience.
As a parent of both boys and girls, I would say girls parents are the worst. Majority of the girls parents never played soccer before. They are uneducated about soccer but that doesn't stop the barrage of complaints
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
LOL NEW Rochelle ??? That's straight up ghetto hood area. I wouldn't even stop there for gas.
You're both bigoted and desperately wrong.
Old 07-28-2017
Unregistered

excellent point.
Old 07-28-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
KK Atletico lost a ton of players and some complete teams after sending 7 teams to the state finals in NY Cup. They are considering merging with a bankrupt Sachem club in desperation.

Sachem is on complete life support whether or not this KK deal goes through.

Smithtown has been on a downward slide that seems to be accelerating.

SUSA lost a good third of it's players and is replacing them with the walking dead. Commack has clawed back a bunch of teams.

Lake Grove is just realizing it has about half the players it thought it had.

Surf is in a civil war with one of it's big name acquisitions (DV) and failed to create new homegrown teams again. And it's HS Tournament is failing and the Surf Cup never got off the drawing board.

FC Barcelona has made great progress as a startup but is still short players on a lot of it's teams.

Albertson, East Meadow and Massapequa are being drawn into LISC and FC Fury GDA mess. And now Brentwood decided to get in on the fun now that they have driven away even more in-house teams to other clubs.

Stony Brook left Rush for Surf and now has largely abandoned Surf. In the meantime their numbers continue to shrink and they are losing a quarter of their fields.
Where did all the players who left these clubs go?
Old 07-28-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Where did all the players who left these clubs go?
FC Barca and Valencia as startup clubs took players from all of these others.

GDA startups LISC and FC Fury took players from many of these others. And in turn the East Meadow's, Massapequa's and Smithtown's of the world had openings on their ECNL and NPL teams to fill and they pulled from others too.

Commack took back many of it's players that had gone to SUSA last year and formed new Commack branded teams.

A lot of kids hedged their bets last year with the age group changes and the massive expansion of the expensive trainer driven programs like SUSA, Surf, etc and played both for the expensive club teams and their old town teams. After a year of running around like lunatics many have decided to play for just one or the other this coming year.
Old 07-28-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
FC Barca and Valencia as startup clubs took players from all of these others.

GDA startups LISC and FC Fury took players from many of these others. And in turn the East Meadow's, Massapequa's and Smithtown's of the world had openings on their ECNL and NPL teams to fill and they pulled from others too.

Commack took back many of it's players that had gone to SUSA last year and formed new Commack branded teams.

A lot of kids hedged their bets last year with the age group changes and the massive expansion of the expensive trainer driven programs like SUSA, Surf, etc and played both for the expensive club teams and their old town teams. After a year of running around like lunatics many have decided to play for just one or the other this coming year.
I know many in the last group.
Old 07-28-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I know many in the last group.
Me too.
Old 07-28-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Me too.
I'm going to give that a shot this coming season. Luckily both clubs are close for me.
Old 07-28-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Money grab. Case in point; I called a club that my (2009) son wants to play for because a few of his teammates went there, they asked if they can evaluate him this week. I answered, "we are away this week, but he was teammates with xx and xy, and wants to join their team. He is good, and so is my check." Well, how about that. He's now playing on FCB's red team next season, he's happy.
That's because his is a 2009 - really soccer superstars at that age! Most academies have a no-cut at that age!
Old 07-28-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
That's because his is a 2009 - really soccer superstars at that age! Most academies have a no-cut at that age!
That's honestly false. There is absolutely cuts for 2009 and even 2010. Town teams start A and B teams at U9 which is 2009 now. They all have try-outs with cuts. You can notice talent at a young age. Then you can start sculpting that player to be Very talented. That's why there's Travel teams and youth teams at 7 yrs old.