Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is a cluster fk. I guess LI is bigger and more populous, but we don't have any of the kind of cr*p in westchester AND we have two boys DA academy ... and WC isn't too far.

Why in the world can't LI manage even one? It's the parents i guess ... lower income level? Most of the volunteers in Westchester are professionals and don't let things get out of hand the way they do in LI ... corruption gets caught early.
Take it easy Westchester there are a lot of players on the island.
Old 07-26-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
So why can't you manage to have even one DA? And why are people seemingly always ripping into each other?

Name one, just 1, where some parent from port chester is ripping the kids from harrison or new rochelle. Just isn't done here. Something about LI ...
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
It is a cluster fk. I guess LI is bigger and more populous, but we don't have any of the kind of cr*p in westchester AND we have two boys DA academy ... and WC isn't too far.

Why in the world can't LI manage even one? It's the parents i guess ... lower income level? Most of the volunteers in Westchester are professionals and don't let things get out of hand the way they do in LI ... corruption gets caught early.
Snob.
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Snob.
LOL NEW Rochelle ??? That's straight up ghetto hood area. I wouldn't even stop there for gas.
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Different poster from different geography. He's Right though.

Most games that I have been to on the island or played a LI team have been problematic. Either parents or players trying to play tough guy. You see it on BOTN all the time too
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:

Just because I'm a stickler for facts, the median income of Westchester county is a little under $80,000. Suffolk county is $88,000+ and Nassau is $101,000+.

So when you said "lower income level", did you mean the lower income level in Westchester meant the parents were inherently more complacent and willing to settle for less without any hoopla?
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
So why can't you manage to have even one DA? And why are people seemingly always ripping into each other?

Name one, just 1, where some parent from port chester is ripping the kids from harrison or new rochelle. Just isn't done here. Something about LI ...
You're kidding, right. Walk 5 feet anywhere on LI and you have a quality female soccer player. Westchester? Ask Surf how that's worked out with the C and D level players from their old WSC, Scarsdale, etc. Please don't compare Breyers to Waldbaums ice cream....
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
You're kidding, right. Walk 5 feet anywhere on LI and you have a quality female soccer player. Westchester? Ask Surf how that's worked out with the C and D level players from their old WSC, Scarsdale, etc. Please don't compare Breyers to Waldbaums ice cream....
not the OP...but Breyer's is 'ok'...Waldbaums got liquidated with the A & P sale about 2 years ago. your freezer must be very good. I like some friendly's ice cream. i usually buy what is on sale. but yes, i think Breyer's is in the top 3.
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Surf was always bottom picking in Westchester. WSC started up as a place for the surf pres's daughter to play.

I'm not commenting on the quality of players, just the bitching and constant attacking you see by LI parents of boys soccer players. You really don't see that here.

I apologize about the lower income level. It's not really about money but how you've been raised. It's just different here - the way people treat each other. We may ultimately be more evil and corrupt but it doesn't come up at soccer games. I think CT is probably even more genteel and southern-charm like.
Old 07-27-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Surf was always bottom picking in Westchester. WSC started up as a place for the surf pres's daughter to play.

I'm not commenting on the quality of players, just the bitching and constant attacking you see by LI parents of boys soccer players. You really don't see that here.

I apologize about the lower income level. It's not really about money but how you've been raised. It's just different here - the way people treat each other. We may ultimately be more evil and corrupt but it doesn't come up at soccer games. I think CT is probably even more genteel and southern-charm like.
Oh my! Connecticut is full of back stabbing b1tches who complain about everything and move their sons to new clubs every time they change their underwear! Makes Long Island MILFs look like a bunch of kittens.

Why is it parents of the girls are so much calmer? At least in my experience.