Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 06-19-2017
Unregistered

Default Valencia CF Academy vs. FC Barcelona Academy - Pros & Cons

Please provide insightful commentary - Any thoughts out there?
Old 06-19-2017
Unregistered

Valencia seems a bit more organized. both seem to offer similar training.
Old 06-19-2017
Unregistered

Valencia has quality pitches with Post. Fields are well maintained. Barca might be nomads for a couple of years while they try to figure out the Kings Park saga.
Old 06-19-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Valencia has quality pitches with Post. Fields are well maintained. Barca might be nomads for a couple of years while they try to figure out the Kings Park saga.
that is a fair statement..we have been to both and so far VCF seems more organized.
Old 06-19-2017
Unregistered

The one thing I can't quite understand is after the various Barca press releases from the outlets about the academy opening up last month and the Tryout registration link I can't find anything else about the club. I'm not kidding, there is no dedicated website, No dedicated social media. Yes there is the main Barca site but no links to any type of ongoing info, weird.
Old 06-19-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
The one thing I can't quite understand is after the various Barca press releases from the outlets about the academy opening up last month and the Tryout registration link I can't find anything else about the club. I'm not kidding, there is no dedicated website, No dedicated social media. Yes there is the main Barca site but no links to any type of ongoing info, weird.
What do you expect for $2k+ a kid?
Old 06-19-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
They do have a twitter feed and a facebook page:

https://twitter.com/BarcaAcademyNY

https://www.facebook.com/barcaacademyny/

No real details on the programs themselves.
Old 06-20-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
we feel the same way. although my kid would still accept if an offer came through, we have moved on for now.
Old 06-24-2017
Unregistered

They are both seemingly offering identical programs. However the one thing that is different with Valencia, they have their presentation prepared. They are communicative. Both bringing Spanish trainers from their academies. Both building facilities where kids can train and learn. Both creating a Lot of buzz and shaking things up already.

Valencia is set, and seemingly have the right people and support here and in Spain. Barca has a NYC office, so that's good. Not necessarily an academy office just an office where they can operate out of in NYC
Old 06-24-2017
Unregistered

if barca is free that's a big pro