Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 05-17-2017
Unregistered

Lots of questionable club picks for GDA. But there's plenty of boys clubs that don't belong either. One of the biggest flaws of DA is it's far too big, so by necessity USSF has to allow in mediocre clubs. I'm, not saying NYSC is one of them - I think they're quite good - but no matter what, all this is doing is diluting talent and resources.
Old 05-17-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks. I asked because I ran across a SUSA's Alber tweet. Apparently he's pissed a "start up club" got the GDA, and not one who offered free tuition to all GDA participants. I'm assuming the former is Long Island SC and the latter is SUSA. Check it out: @ISAGirlsNY
He sold his organization at a hefty profit to a big for-profit enterprise so he's the last one to be complaining about anything concerning money.

Besides, there is no such thing as "free" tuition. "free" just means that the other paying customers are paying extra.
Old 05-17-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks. I asked because I ran across a SUSA's Alber tweet. Apparently he's pissed a "start up club" got the GDA, and not one who offered free tuition to all GDA participants. I'm assuming the former is Long Island SC and the latter is SUSA. Check it out: @ISAGirlsNY
Why can't they still offer free tuition if that is important? I am sure SUSA could look around and find worthy candidates to sponsor as DA players.
Old 05-17-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
He sold his organization at a hefty profit to a big for-profit enterprise so he's the last one to be complaining about anything concerning money.

Besides, there is no such thing as "free" tuition. "free" just means that the other paying customers are paying extra.
Lots of shenanigans at play. It was first given to East Meadow, then somehow EM gave it to LI SC. Question is how did that happen, and where's the transparency in giving it to a non-existent club?
Old 05-17-2017
Unregistered

The FURY gda has been club for at least a few weeks. Get your checkbooks ready and go play there.
Old 05-17-2017
Unregistered

could be referring to Cosmos - which is a brand new start up in only 2nd year now
Old 05-18-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Raper is the Match Fit Girl's ECNL Director.
Old 05-18-2017
Unregistered

So how did tryouts go last night for NY SC DA?
Old 05-20-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
So how did tryouts go last night for NY SC DA?
Anyone get an acceptance yet?
Old 05-21-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Anyone get an acceptance yet?
2003 boys got em 2 or 3 weeks ago.