Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 02-21-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son has since aged out of youth soccer, but back when he was playing, and I was the parent manager of his team, they were entered into the MSC pre season tournament a couple of years. I used to read BOTN to try and get some info on the tournament because quite frankly, the club was NO HELP at all. Coming from out of state my biggest challenge was trying to figure out where to book hotel rooms, because there were so many fields spread out over the greater metro area.

I posted something similar and was completely chastised by Larry. I did not really care about brackets, scheduleds etc (The boys would play when scheduled), just wanted to know if they sent certain age groups to certain areas. I was told to just relax, what's the big deal, etc? I mean if we wound up staying out in the New Rochelle/White Plains area, and games were on Long Island, that's a LONG commute for families not familiar with the area.

The first year I guessed "OK" but not great. We stayed in Flushing, and most of the games were in New Rochelle. LOTS of money in bridge tolls, but not a bad ride back and forth.

The second and third year, I guessed correctly and we stayed in White Plains, and most games were scheduled out there as well. However, that was the 2 years the tournament was cancelled, so it was for naught.
Larry likes to be holier than though. He's very very rude to his readers.
Old 02-21-2016
Unregistered

How is the MSC tourney? Our club does not send many teams there and ours has never attended. Hear the fields are usually in terrible shape.
Old 02-21-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
How is the MSC tourney? Our club does not send many teams there and ours has never attended. Hear the fields are usually in terrible shape.
They fields are okay ... They don't clear the turf fields.

The fields are spread out all over the region. There is little parking at fields
Old 02-23-2016
Unregistered

Yay! I don't hate botn, but it is BORING!

We live in NY but my son plays in CT. I'm crossing my fingers that this forum takes off!
Old 02-23-2016
Unregistered

BOTN is LM and CJ posting whatever they want based on who pays them. Selective garbage.
Old 02-24-2016
Unregistered

I too have tried posting there and it didn't make the cut. It was a positive post about an organization. And yes they don't advertise on the website.
Old 02-25-2016
Unregistered

Quote:
I too have tried posting there and it didn't make the cut. It was a positive post about an organization. And yes they don't advertise on the website.
There's a trend appearing
Old 03-09-2016
Unregistered

Hey Larry how's it going. Your site is terrible
Old 03-11-2016
Unregistered

It has it's faults, but at least there is some degree of moderating so the conversation can stay quasi-civil. Ever read some of the stuff on the MA or CT boards? Often vicious, vile stuff - literally things can ruin people's/clubs reputations and it's never, ever removed. Lots of sexual stuff as well. I'm sure it's all adults on this site but there's just no need for that
Old 03-11-2016
Unregistered

The problem is the filtering based on who advertises. You don't pay your $2000 or whatever it costs per month, you get slammed. It's so obvious too. Albertson gets obliterated because they choose not to advertise there. LM is a cyber bully.