Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I dont see the win-win ? please tell me where the player wins other than getting their own way. They could have done the same thing without all the bad feeling by just being honest upfront and playing ECNL.
If you thinks parents won't try and take advantage of an already semi corrupt system it''s time for you to wake up.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Read the rules lol. Plenty of clubs violate the rules. Parents know some clubs are desperate and are taking advantage of it. If you're asking families to abide by the rules then clubs and USSF must lead by example.
Think you miss the point. Im well aware that people break rules, but why would PDA be desperate? Desperate for what? Why would anyone want to return to a Club that seems unable to get players?

As far as the families go, I dont get your point. What advantage is a family getting by playing HS and GDA? The only advantage i can think of is if they think GDA>ECNL and most people dont believe that to be the case. Nothing is forcing anyone to break any rules if they want to play HS soccer.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Wrong - she is back on in the spring - this stop pretending to know everything.
I dont, but I do know she is not back on the GDA in the spring. There are no waivers at NYCFC as it should be. Kids who want to play HS are on the ECNL team
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I dont, but I do know she is not back on the GDA in the spring. There are no waivers at NYCFC as it should be. Kids who want to play HS are on the ECNL team
Can any at LISC or Fury comment on the video analysis part of the GDA. How often dos this happen? Is this provided by the coach to the individual player or to the entire team?
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

LISC face off against Fury FC this Saturday. If Fury dominates, does this spell the beginning of the end for LISC?
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
LISC face off against Fury FC this Saturday. If Fury dominates, does this spell the beginning of the end for LISC?
No, I don't think these games will have the "subway series" effect that some folks are trying to build up. Fury *should* dominate. "On paper" they are a legitimate GDA club with a history of developing NT players, a doc who is well entrenched in the women's game as a whole and players who are actively involved in YNT programs and were formerly regarded by ODP as top regional and national players.

LISC is a last minute, thrown together club, whose main trainer is barely licensed, has literally no record of success or development, players who never made ECNL or NPL teams in the past and are currently playing in multiple leagues and middle school and high school games in between their GDA competitions.

Yes, I'm sure the games will be nail biters...
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
No, I don't think these games will have the "subway series" effect that some folks are trying to build up. Fury *should* dominate. "On paper" they are a legitimate GDA club with a history of developing NT players, a doc who is well entrenched in the women's game as a whole and players who are actively involved in YNT programs and were formerly regarded by ODP as top regional and national players.

LISC is a last minute, thrown together club, whose main trainer is barely licensed, has literally no record of success or development, players who never made ECNL or NPL teams in the past and are currently playing in multiple leagues and middle school and high school games in between their GDA competitions.

Yes, I'm sure the games will be nail biters...
Fury will win the 4 games by a combined 15+ goals.
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

Best thing for all the teams involved is that these families are not investing significant time and money traveling for these games.
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Best thing for all the teams involved is that these families are not investing significant time and money traveling for these games.
Lol. It's funny cause it's true.

Why they have two teams on the Island is just stupid. They should merge resources after this year and combine into one club under the Fury name.
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Lol. It's funny cause it's true.

Why they have two teams on the Island is just stupid. They should merge resources after this year and combine into one club under the Fury name.
I agree there may not necessarily be a need for 2 GDA teams, especially with 2 ECNL clubs. But having said that, there still could be a far more competitive GDA team comprised of players from LI than what LISC currently has. LISC has none of those other players -- they are playing in other leagues by choice.