Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-08-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
8 of the 16 were offered spots in the RB DA and the remaining 8 were placed in other MLS or USSF DA's. So 100% moved on to play DA soccer....I guess that's what you mean by "hitting the road " ?

https://spark.adobe.com/page/etQQm5TgxwBoB/
That's a real impressive group of kids they collected. Congrats to them, and Red Bulls on a successful pilot program.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
8 of the 16 were offered spots in the RB DA and the remaining 8 were placed in other MLS or USSF DA's. So 100% moved on to play DA soccer....I guess that's what you mean by "hitting the road " ?

https://spark.adobe.com/page/etQQm5TgxwBoB/
Even if they don't make DA clubs (which it seems most are) they still will be better trained than what most other clubs are producing. Most likely you'll still be a stud on a top non DA team. Luckily in this area there are many other good clubs out there not in the DA system. So called rejects will be just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-09-2017
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Realistically they also have to start competing for talent at the younger ages vs NYCFC and now possibly Barca. Smart move on their part.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default RDS Regional Teams

My son plays for 2007 team and so far extremely happy with the program. The tryouts were very competitive, actually 4 stages. They made 3 teams NY South, NY North and NJ. Only 11-12 players per each team.
Before the season started the kids went to “Golden Goal” for 5 days of sleepover camp. Great idea, the kids were totally a”Team” when the camp was over. They all knew each other and spent great time together. Contrary to some other programs where a lot of smaller groupings within the team exist, these teams do not have that.
Red Bulls are ahead of other clubs/academies, they had a lot evaluations including speed, stamina, jumping etc...to measure development throughout the year.
Kids are really talented but more than that really focused and into soccer. As an example my son was always the best in the teams he played now he works really hard to keep up with the others, and I am sure it is the same for most of them
Every training there are minimum 2 coaches, most of the games we have 3-4 coaches watching. All home games are recorded, and shared with highlights. There are video sessions to go through the game tompoint our positives as well as negatives.
Every game they have different aspect of the game they work on, so it is basically game speed training and the kids are enforced to work the plan. Every game they keep recording passes...The first game I think it was two hundred something passes total (35 minutes halves) and last weekend they had five hundred. It is amazing
I am very experienced with your Soccer because I have another son playing at an academy team (not Red Bull’s) and you can clearly see the difference.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son plays for 2007 team and so far extremely happy with the program. The tryouts were very competitive, actually 4 stages. They made 3 teams NY South, NY North and NJ. Only 11-12 players per each team.
Before the season started the kids went to “Golden Goal” for 5 days of sleepover camp. Great idea, the kids were totally a”Team” when the camp was over. They all knew each other and spent great time together. Contrary to some other programs where a lot of smaller groupings within the team exist, these teams do not have that.
Red Bulls are ahead of other clubs/academies, they had a lot evaluations including speed, stamina, jumping etc...to measure development throughout the year.
Kids are really talented but more than that really focused and into soccer. As an example my son was always the best in the teams he played now he works really hard to keep up with the others, and I am sure it is the same for most of them
Every training there are minimum 2 coaches, most of the games we have 3-4 coaches watching. All home games are recorded, and shared with highlights. There are video sessions to go through the game tompoint our positives as well as negatives.
Every game they have different aspect of the game they work on, so it is basically game speed training and the kids are enforced to work the plan. Every game they keep recording passes...The first game I think it was two hundred something passes total (35 minutes halves) and last weekend they had five hundred. It is amazing
I am very experienced with your Soccer because I have another son playing at an academy team (not Red Bull’s) and you can clearly see the difference.
So how creative are the kids allowed to be when they play? Are they Allowed to dribble? They are, after all, only ten years old. Just wondering... sounds too regimented for kids at age 10. Is it fun for ten year olds to play and train that way? What is the purpose of all of this testing and passing? Is there passion and excitement about the game? Do all players get at least 50% PT? Idk if I’d want to do this rds experiment on my kid. Rather keep him in local programs that allow him to play, be creative and have fun. Too serious and restrictive for age ten imo. But thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son plays for 2007 team and so far extremely happy with the program. The tryouts were very competitive, actually 4 stages. They made 3 teams NY South, NY North and NJ. Only 11-12 players per each team.
Before the season started the kids went to “Golden Goal” for 5 days of sleepover camp. Great idea, the kids were totally a”Team” when the camp was over. They all knew each other and spent great time together. Contrary to some other programs where a lot of smaller groupings within the team exist, these teams do not have that.
Red Bulls are ahead of other clubs/academies, they had a lot evaluations including speed, stamina, jumping etc...to measure development throughout the year.
Kids are really talented but more than that really focused and into soccer. As an example my son was always the best in the teams he played now he works really hard to keep up with the others, and I am sure it is the same for most of them
Every training there are minimum 2 coaches, most of the games we have 3-4 coaches watching. All home games are recorded, and shared with highlights. There are video sessions to go through the game tompoint our positives as well as negatives.
Every game they have different aspect of the game they work on, so it is basically game speed training and the kids are enforced to work the plan. Every game they keep recording passes...The first game I think it was two hundred something passes total (35 minutes halves) and last weekend they had five hundred. It is amazing
I am very experienced with your Soccer because I have another son playing at an academy team (not Red Bull’s) and you can clearly see the difference.
RDS is the best!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have a 2008 kid in the program and having had kids at several other DA teams, can say I echo the 2007 poster - its a tremendous program and great experience for the kids.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So how creative are the kids allowed to be when they play? Are they Allowed to dribble? They are, after all, only ten years old. Just wondering... sounds too regimented for kids at age 10. Is it fun for ten year olds to play and train that way? What is the purpose of all of this testing and passing? Is there passion and excitement about the game? Do all players get at least 50% PT? Idk if I’d want to do this rds experiment on my kid. Rather keep him in local programs that allow him to play, be creative and have fun. Too serious and restrictive for age ten imo. But thanks for the info.
You can do both. RDS is meant to be supplemental to other programs. My kids loved it and had fantastic coaches, coaches that are much better than most local programs. They eventually moved onto better regional club teams and one in DA (although not RB as it's too far on a regular basis)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can do both. RDS is meant to be supplemental to other programs. My kids loved it and had fantastic coaches, coaches that are much better than most local programs. They eventually moved onto better regional club teams and one in DA (although not RB as it's too far on a regular basis)
This isn’t really true. My son plays on the 2008 team. It is not a supplemental program , but a full time year round team. The RDS supplemental program still exists, but this is different. The RDS Regional Team permits dual carding, but the reality is that it is almost impossible to accomplish.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 1 Day Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

yes - i think the prior poster confused. it's definitely NOT supplemental - its a full on team meant to compete with the academies' younger pre academy offerings. its separate from RDS training clinics, though you can do those if want a further extra day of training. we left a top academy's 2008 team for the RDS Team as my experience is the academy's focus best coaches/training on older academy teams and skimp on younger kids, basically viewing it as a money maker to subsidize older boys. Red Bulls seems to truly care about these younger kids' development, as they have a huge economic incentive if the program can even produce 1 home grown 1st team player every few years.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.