Women's D-III Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the circle of life continues as ED applicants have recently received their acceptances.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Checking other regions, it looks like Mass girls who received regional first team honors played at William Smith, Haverford, and Dickinson. One of the girls was selected as All American as well (William Smith player). I'm sure each of those girls would have done just fine in NESCAC.
      Maybe William Smith but not Haverford or Dickinson.

Comment

It is what's expected year in, year out. Amherst players reminded by their coach that Springfield is physical, borderline dirty, go through tackles, elbows up and out, trash talk and their forwards will try to take out your backs. Usually in soccer it is the backs that try to take out the opposing forwards, not Springfield though. Their forwards take out the opposing team's backs. An interesting coaching strategy and philosophy.
        Just read this from a different topic and post: According to some current and former men's players at Springfield the women's team play very direct, ugly, physical soccer. The women's coach teaches his players to play dirty. He is from England and is a professor there. A bit of the "I am smarter than you because I have a PhD and I am English" elite attitude. A bit of a wanker.

Comment

With the regular season winding down any surprises this year? Anyone shocked by things? For me it's a few

1. Wheaton no longer being a contender!
          2. Middlebury falling as much as they did from last years final 4
          3. The emergence of Conn College

Your thoughts?

Comment

nescac

Middlebury has no forwards. It's the oddest thing. They have one player listed as a forward only, who has scored one goal. Nearly all their goals come from midfield or even backs.

Comment

Martin is a nice guy and people really like him.[/QUOTE]

Will only get stronger with the two internationals coming next season!!!!!

Comment

Worcester State having a good season.

Comment

With the regular season winding down any surprises this year? Anyone shocked by things? For me it's a few

1. Wheaton no longer being a contender!
                  2. Middlebury falling as much as they did from last years final 4
                  3. The emergence of Conn College

Your thoughts?
                  Here is what I think:

1. Wheaton is on downward trend

2.Middlebury indeed has no forwards but it is also soft on defense.

3.Conn is up as a combination of things.
                  Better scoring and very bad NESCAC teams to compete with.
                  The whole conference is not what it used to be

Comment

Here is what I think:

Uh oh. Now you did it. The NESCAC crowd will be picketing your house.

Comment

Uh oh. Now you did it. The NESCAC crowd will be picketing your house.
                      Martin lives in Dedham.

Comment

The Midd issue is interesting - loss of a top flight goalie is a factor, but the lack of offense seems more like a coaching and formation issue.

Comment

Here is what I think:

Thoughts on Wheaton's decline?

Comment

Thoughts on Wheaton's decline?
                            What has happened to U. Mass. Boston and their decline? 7-4-5 record, lost to Emmanuel tonight 3-1, were outshot 21-13

Comment

What has happened to U. Mass. Boston and their decline? 7-4-5 record, lost to Emmanuel tonight 3-1, were outshot 21-13
                              UMass Boston does not have the long successful history of Wheaton. Before last year Wheaton had qualified for the NCAA tournament for like a billion years. Apples and oranges.

Comment

Vishino is a joker. It is all his fault.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X