Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is so impressive about them? Anything you can pinpoint or just a general love fest all the time?
    Trust me, that's not the post I wanted to write.

Comment

Did I hear it right that WH beat Weymouth 7-0? I'm assuming the person who told me has it wrong? I don't see it listed anywhere.

Comment

Did I hear it right that WH beat Weymouth 7-0? I'm assuming the person who told me has it wrong? I don't see it listed anywhere.
        I think it was in score capsules in the Globe over the weekend (which are not always correct mind you). I think there are enough WH boosters on this site to confirm or deny.

Comment

yes the score 7-0 WH over Weymouth is correct. WH came out and scored 4 first half goals and then took out all the starters. WH has some very talented players, they have one of the best defenders and forwards I have seen in the league. I have seen them play 4 times this season and they are inconsistent. Their weakness seems to be their midfield, very sloppy play in the middle of the field. Weymouth just had a very bad day, as one WH parent told me it was just like the WH game that they lost to Hingham or the Duxbury game where WH won 5-0. All teams can have a bad day, Weymouth had theirs against WH. Weymouth came out last night and played a tough game against a very good Needham team and only lost 1-0. The Weymouth team last night didn't look anything like the one that showed up to WH the other night! Bad games don't define a team, it's what the team does after a bad game! Good luck to all the teams who qualify for the tournament, I hope to see many of the D1 South teams do very well!!

Comment

yes the score 7-0 WH over Weymouth is correct. WH came out and scored 4 first half goals and then took out all the starters. WH has some very talented players, they have one of the best defenders and forwards I have seen in the league. I have seen them play 4 times this season and they are inconsistent. Their weakness seems to be their midfield, very sloppy play in the middle of the field. Weymouth just had a very bad day, as one WH parent told me it was just like the WH game that they lost to Hingham or the Duxbury game where WH won 5-0. All teams can have a bad day, Weymouth had theirs against WH. Weymouth came out last night and played a tough game against a very good Needham team and only lost 1-0. The Weymouth team last night didn't look anything like the one that showed up to WH the other night! Bad games don't define a team, it's what the team does after a bad game! Good luck to all the teams who qualify for the tournament, I hope to see many of the D1 South teams do very well!!

It was 7-0 at the half. WH played their bench the second half. Losing by 3 or 4 goals is a bad showing. Giving up 7 in a half is a disaster. Give them a lot of credit for putting the loss behind them. It was after all a non league game. Battling needham so tightly should give them confidence going forward. They're going to be a tough first round match up for somebody. Jmo

Comment

I will agree. Went to watch the Needham Weymouth game and Weymouth did not just hold their own they had a lot of good chances and could have scored a couple of goals. I did notice that their starting center back is still not playing. Is she done for the year?

Comment

Was a good game to watch last night, I do not think Needham expected them to play so well. Weymouth will do well in the tournament if they can play consistently like they did last night. She will be back, they are resting her for tournament from what I hear.

Comment

Last four posts = Weymouth guy conversing with himself. Too funny.

Comment

I posted 967 and not from Weymouth but WH. Wanted to watch Needham play.

Comment

AB only managed a 2-1 win over LS. Are the wheels falling off at the wrong time?

Comment

Frustrated parent

Tough week for Weymouth girls soccer....

Saturday 7-0 loss to Whitman-Hanson
                        Monday 1-0 loss to Newton north
                        Tuesday 1-0 loss to Needham
                        Thursday 1-0 loss to Brookline

Wheels seem to be falling off the wagon a little bit, maybe it's time for their coach to make some adjustments and do his job or will he just let the players try to figure everything out for themselves like every other year when things go wrong.....

Let's see how the next week goes before heading into the tournament if they continue to drop points they could get an early match up with a needham or Whitman-Hanson caliber type of team.

Comment

AB only managed a 2-1 win over LS. Are the wheels falling off at the wrong time?
                          With regular starters resting on the bench (2 not playing at all today) and a defender playing as striker I would say the wheels are just fine where they are.

Comment

Wheels seem to be falling off the wagon a little bit, maybe it's time for their coach to make some adjustments and do his job or will he just let the players try to figure everything out for themselves like every other year when things go wrong.....

Let's see how the next week goes before heading into the tournament if they continue to drop points they could get an early match up with a needham or Whitman-Hanson caliber type of team.
                            zero goals for in four matches is definitely a problem. Whitman Hanson game seems to be the anomaly defensively. What can the coach do at this point to create more offense? He runs his offense through one player. Shut her down and there's very little else to be concerned about offensively.

Comment

I thought weymouth accomplished their "mission"? The rest is gravy

Comment

Nashoba 3 Gonk 2

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X