Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn my 9 year old into a D1 player?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    BTDT, thanks for bringing this thread back after dormant all day at 11:45 pm. And as for your latest fiction try to remember that there is hardly a parent on the planet who say something like you wrote above. Too, too transparent. Obviously your target is parents looking at college but if the kid was as you suggested above that wouldn't translate to a being a good high school player. And that's the last thing the parent who was suddenly aware of deep regrets (we see that all the time on TS, right, lol?) would even think of. The reference to high school after the premise you constructed made no sense at all.

Try again tomorrow.
    Dopey

It was my story. You are really bad at id'ing threads.

-- Pathfinder

Comment

Dopey

It was my story. You are really bad at id'ing threads.

-- Pathfinder
      Then you really are an idiot. Welcome back LOL.

Comment

BTDT, thanks for bringing this thread back after dormant all day at 11:45 pm. And as for your latest fiction try to remember that there is hardly a parent on the planet who say something like you wrote above. Too, too transparent. Obviously your target is parents looking at college but if the kid was as you suggested above that wouldn't translate to a being a good high school player. And that's the last thing the parent who was suddenly aware of deep regrets (we see that all the time on TS, right, lol?) would even think of. The reference to high school after the premise you constructed made no sense at all.

Try again tomorrow.
        So you don't think there are parents out there who push too hard, and maybe regret it after the fact?????

Tiger Woods dad created a superb golfer, but old Tiger isn't without his baggage is he?

Comment

Try again tomorrow.
          You need medication.

Comment

Then you really are an idiot. Welcome back LOL.
            why?

because I was open about a mistake I made as a parent.

Comment

why?

because I was open about a mistake I made as a parent.
              1) Because if true the post was totally illogical

2) You're an idiot for thinking you are smart enough to figure out what is really going on on TS and that you can decide who the good guys and bad guys are because like a pathetic sycophant you are blinded by some celebrity status bullcrap and can't see the actual realities

Comment

1) Because if true the post was totally illogical

2) You're an idiot for thinking you are smart enough to figure out what is really going on on TS and that you can decide who the good guys and bad guys are because like a pathetic sycophant you are blinded by some celebrity status bullcrap and can't see the actual realities
                Please teach me where my post was illogical? Circular unsubstantiated statements show your lack of reason. Fancy words do not make you intelligent. It just means you use fancy words.

I don't care about good guys and bad guys nor are there any celebrities here.

Comment

Please teach me where my post was illogical? Circular unsubstantiated statements show your lack of reason. Fancy words do not make you intelligent. It just means you use fancy words.

I don't care about good guys and bad guys nor are there any celebrities here.
                  New to town? Just stopped by TS for some friendly, impartial advice?

Comment

think rocky and that how you do it look for a coach like mic !

Comment

think rocky and that how you do it look for a coach like mic !
                      Perspective is more like Sandusky.

Comment

Perspective is more like Sandusky.
                        that is funny.

Comment

USA=pay to play Money /position talks, ordinary people walk

How to turn your U9 player into a D1 player. Simple pay someone off if your asking us your kid will never make it. PAY SOMEONE OFF YOUR BEST WAY !
                          Not far from the truth.

As they age, the ones who's male guardian have pushed themselves inside the system (works better for the advantaged who know how to get in at higher levels) are the ones who have access to all the benefits such as ID camps, scouts, recruits and that's how they get noticed.

They create access for their kids to advanced training opportunities, fitness, and fill their egos by making them the pinnacle of the team. Very small likelihood any other kids get recognized

Push yourself into the higher levels of a club and your kid will be recognized and trained expertly. Connected males = USA=pay to play: = will never advance in world soccer because this is the rampant cause of promotion. Or put him up for adoption by one of the club board members

Comment

Not far from the truth.

As they age, the ones who's male guardian have pushed themselves inside the system (works better for the advantaged who know how to get in at higher levels) are the ones who have access to all the benefits such as ID camps, scouts, recruits and that's how they get noticed.

They create access for their kids to advanced training opportunities, fitness, and fill their egos by making them the pinnacle of the team. Very small likelihood any other kids get recognized

Push yourself into the higher levels of a club and your kid will be recognized and trained expertly. Connected males = USA=pay to play: = will never advance in world soccer because this is the rampant cause of promotion. Or put him up for adoption by one of the club board members
                            Speaks tons about the poster. Angry because they don't have the chops to wire things and their kid doesn't have the chops to do it on their own.

Comment

Growth Hormones the key ?

Comment

It's a good discussion actually -- just a matter of figuring out when is too much too soon.

My 7 year old is a pretty gifted athletic kid for his age -- can already do things with the ball I could only dream of. Siblings all great athletes and you can already tell he's going to be better. But he's soft -- very easily pulled off his game if it doesn't go his way, etc.

If you get him in the backyard doing dynamics, sprints, etc. -- invariably he gets whiny, complains, wants to quit. Hard to help him understand I'm doing it for his own good.

Maybe he's too young. Still, if I'm wrong and we miss the window then what.
                                Is this poster joking? Who makes their 7-year old do sprints in the backyard? Telling a kid to turn off the x-box and go play outside is one thing; going the Marv Marinovich route is just messed up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X