Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Between COVID-19 crisis and the DA debacle and the domino effect that will follow, one must be very careful accepting any offers from academies right now. You just never know what team or league you’ll be on or who your coach will be for that matter. Pretty sad state of affairs. How is everyone handling responses and deposit requests??
    Definitely prudent to hold off until the dust settles and there is more clarity. With that said be wary of getting hooked, in other words read the fine print.

Comment

Definitely prudent to hold off until the dust settles and there is more clarity. With that said be wary of getting hooked, in other words read the fine print.
      Red Bulls girls pre-Academy asked if we were returning next year but will not collect money until the beginning of the season. They also said they will credit the spring season towards the fall.

Comment

Red Bulls girls pre-Academy asked if we were returning next year but will not collect money until the beginning of the season. They also said they will credit the spring season towards the fall.
        Guess what they are desperate and so many other clubs are too...some academies are accepting players without even seeing them play, if you sign up you have a spot! Talk about being a business!

Comment

Guess what they are desperate and so many other clubs are too...some academies are accepting players without even seeing them play, if you sign up you have a spot! Talk about being a business!
          Which ones are offering up spots without evaluating players???

Comment

Any updates on preoffers? Anyone being backed into a corner on taking a spot and/or forced to start payments for next season.

Comment

Which ones are offering up spots without evaluating players???
              CSA Monmouth for one.
              You are accepted as part of an age group.
              My guess is that your son will be sorted among the players in the age group as green or white.

Comment

CSA Monmouth for one.
                You are accepted as part of an age group.
                My guess is that your son will be sorted among the players in the age group as green or white.
                Fake news, troll just spreading misinformation.

Comment

Fake news, troll just spreading misinformation.
                  LOL, the following is "fake news":

"Cedar Stars Academy Monmouth is offering you the opportunity to accept a spot within the ----age group. This gives you the peace of mind that your [child] has a spot on a Cedar Stars Academy Monmouth team for next season without having to wait for tryouts. Once we are able to get back on the field, we will evaluate your child in order to determine what level team is appropriate for he/she in the age group. Most age groups have 2-3 different level teams.
                  We hope you will consider Cedar Stars Academy Monmouth and accept your spot."

I don't blame CSA..gotta do what you have to do for 2020/2021 numbers

Comment

"Cedar Stars Academy Monmouth is offering you the opportunity to accept a spot within the ----age group. This gives you the peace of mind that your [child] has a spot on a Cedar Stars Academy Monmouth team for next season without having to wait for tryouts. Once we are able to get back on the field, we will evaluate your child in order to determine what level team is appropriate for he/she in the age group. Most age groups have 2-3 different level teams.

Ok then, SOLD AS IS!

Comment

Almost all clubs are offering spots to the current players. Some insensitive ones are still asking hefty upfront payment or even full payment. Most of them either ask nothing or just nominal amount of commitment fee ($20 - $100) to make sure you're serious.

I'd think most players want to play safe for 2020/21 and will likely accept the offer anyway unless they absolutely hate the club and/or the coach.. It sucks for players who really want to transfer because this means fewer spots for them.

Comment

Almost all clubs are offering spots to the current players. Some insensitive ones are still asking hefty upfront payment or even full payment. Most of them either ask nothing or just nominal amount of commitment fee ($20 - $100) to make sure you're serious.

I'd think most players want to play safe for 2020/21 and will likely accept the offer anyway unless they absolutely hate the club and/or the coach.. It sucks for players who really want to transfer because this means fewer spots for them.
                        This isn’t about clubs offering spots to current players. It’s about taking kids without real tryouts. Who the hell wants that? I pay too much money for my son to be on a team with a kid who makes a great video. Then gets to the team and can implement that to a game or has a poor attitude.

Comment

Reeks of desperation....what club in their right mind would do something like this. Not a good look.

Comment

This isn’t about clubs offering spots to current players. It’s about taking kids without real tryouts. Who the hell wants that? I pay too much money for my son to be on a team with a kid who makes a great video. Then gets to the team and can implement that to a game or has a poor attitude.
                            that was the best $500 i spent on a video. my buddy has a full service recording and editing tryout videos. 3 day turn around - $500 to $700 depending on the distance a skill of the player.

Comment

My D wants to look at new clubs but while a couple asked for video, most have said theyre waiting to do proper evaluations at training sessions. This is fine by me even if it sorta sucks to be trapped at current club a while longer. As much as the club cant evaluate my kid, we cant evaluate the teams or coaches without being there in person. I get the reasons to chase a badge but to commit to a team and pay the money totally sight unseen, with no way to judge whether the coach is normal or not and the way the kids interact and their families on the sideline, it is way too much of a risk. Is what it is for 20/21.

Comment

My D wants to look at new clubs but while a couple asked for video, most have said theyre waiting to do proper evaluations at training sessions. This is fine by me even if it sorta sucks to be trapped at current club a while longer. As much as the club cant evaluate my kid, we cant evaluate the teams or coaches without being there in person. I get the reasons to chase a badge but to commit to a team and pay the money totally sight unseen, with no way to judge whether the coach is normal or not and the way the kids interact and their families on the sideline, it is way too much of a risk. Is what it is for 20/21.
                                Yes you’re right. The parents and players also need to see what they are getting. That’s very fair.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X