Corona Virus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will not surprise me at all if out of state tournaments and showcase directors specifically ask clubs (DA/ECNL/RCL teams) to not attend their events. No one wants Washington folks around them. Arizona is one of the least infected states, I'm guessing ECNL teams will not go to the showcase. Major tech area companies are telling their employees to telecommute through the end of the month. UW is cancelling classes and moving to online. Many of the local school district have either cancelled in-person school or all after school events. You might think people are over-reacting, but keep in mind, the most vulnerable people groups including pregnant women and the elderly are caregivers to our kids. Stop making a case that there is hysteria. The clubs, schools, employers, etc are going the route of safety before the public response becomes actual hysteria and everything literally shuts down and businesses are impacted to the point they cannot recover. Especially the hospitality sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It will not surprise me at all if out of state tournaments and showcase directors specifically ask clubs (DA/ECNL/RCL teams) to not attend their events. No one wants Washington folks around them. Arizona is one of the least infected states, I'm guessing ECNL teams will not go to the showcase. Major tech area companies are telling their employees to telecommute through the end of the month. UW is cancelling classes and moving to online. Many of the local school district have either cancelled in-person school or all after school events. You might think people are over-reacting, but keep in mind, the most vulnerable people groups including pregnant women and the elderly are caregivers to our kids. Stop making a case that there is hysteria. The clubs, schools, employers, etc are going the route of safety before the public response becomes actual hysteria and everything literally shuts down and businesses are impacted to the point they cannot recover. Especially the hospitality sector.
      Makes sense to be proactive. Waiting until too late is too late.

Comment

none

So wait, clubs like Pac are pro-grandma killing for not canceling their trips and games this weekend?

Comment

So wait, clubs like Pac are pro-grandma killing for not canceling their trips and games this weekend?
          Given the a confirmed case of a Renton student, I'm surprised they aren't cancelling. King County is recommending to cancel any activities with groups of 50 or more. But since PACNW doesn't seem to mind going against sound safety practices and the recommendation of the county, they show they are pro the interests of PacNW above public safety.

Comment

Given the a confirmed case of a Renton student, I'm surprised they aren't cancelling. King County is recommending to cancel any activities with groups of 50 or more. But since PACNW doesn't seem to mind going against sound safety practices and the recommendation of the county, they show they are pro the interests of PacNW above public safety.
            Just wanted to add to my comment above, does PACNW have a medical advisory board? If so, were they consulted? And if consulted, did they approve and ok their ECNL teams to travel? If so, would love the names of the people on the board.

Comment

stop it! more people have been killed by drunk drivers the past month than have died from this virus. Should we also stop driving too??
              First, stop driving drunk.

Second, Microsoft has employees telecommuting for the next 3 weeks. The Gates Foundation is focused on global health. Don't you think Microsoft talked to the best experts before making that decision.

Third, Stop getting your infoon this pandemic from Fox news

Comment

none

Just wanted to add to my comment above, does PACNW have a medical advisory board? If so, were they consulted? And if consulted, did they approve and ok their ECNL teams to travel? If so, would love the names of the people on the board.
                One of SU's medical advisors has a kid on Reign and they traveled to CA last weekend...

Comment

One of SU's medical advisors has a kid on Reign and they traveled to CA last weekend...
                  The difference might be that the virus is already in CA but not in Idaho. Perhaps Idaho clubs wanted games cancelled?

Comment

At this time, there have been no recommendations to suspend campus operations. With this in mind, UW campuses will remain open.

https://www.washington.edu/coronavir...ashing#classes

Comment

Stupid false equivalencies. I’m not aware that drunk drivers can spread their drunk driving foolishness to other people who can then spread it to others. Corona Virus isn’t the flu. It’s way worse. Especially in areas that are considered impacted. Seattle is one of them. Lastly, please don’t assume your safety to other people disinfecting public spaces, washing their hands, and covering their mouth appropriately. People with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable. I’m glad clubs are canceling trips. I would not want to walk through Seatac right now.

Comment

At this time, there have been no recommendations to suspend campus operations. With this in mind, UW campuses will remain open.

https://www.washington.edu/coronavir...ashing#classes
                        Actually, UW professors are cancelling classes. My son had 2 of 3 classes cancelled to meet for lectures and quiz sections. They will offer an online final. The 3rd class said that any person who decides not to attend finals will be given an X in the grade book and will have the opportunity to take the final next quarter. Any absences will be excused and participation grades will not be negatively impacted.

Comment

Stupid false equivalencies. I’m not aware that drunk drivers can spread their drunk driving foolishness to other people who can then spread it to others. Corona Virus isn’t the flu. It’s way worse. Especially in areas that are considered impacted. Seattle is one of them. Lastly, please don’t assume your safety to other people disinfecting public spaces, washing their hands, and covering their mouth appropriately. People with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable. I’m glad clubs are canceling trips. I would not want to walk through Seatac right now.
                          You're right, Corona Virus isn't the flu, in most people, it's more like a cold.

Comment

Actually, UW professors are cancelling classes. My son had 2 of 3 classes cancelled to meet for lectures and quiz sections. They will offer an online final. The 3rd class said that any person who decides not to attend finals will be given an X in the grade book and will have the opportunity to take the final next quarter. Any absences will be excused and participation grades will not be negatively impacted.
                            That’s pretty darn smart of UW.

Comment

You're right, Corona Virus isn't the flu, in most people, it's more like a cold.
                              Cause schools and businesses close their campuses for the cold.

Comment

Given that SEATTLE is at the epicenter of the US outbreak, I wouldn’t blame our of state clubs and leagues to ask local teams not to come.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X