Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What league do their academy age girls's teams play - for example U15?
    They don’t have teams at that age

Comment

Red Bulls Girls winter and summer showcase teams have some really good players. Their RDS programs are also very good. My daughter and a couple of her friends have been doing them for a few years now and the training they are getting has really helped improve their skills.
      Absolutely the 05 Summer team was amazing and in reality it even had a bunch of 06s playing. We played PDA and destroyed them if that gives you an indication of how good this team was.

Comment

Absolutely the 05 Summer team was amazing and in reality it even had a bunch of 06s playing. We played PDA and destroyed them if that gives you an indication of how good this team was.
        some PDA players also do RB training/select teams.

Comment

They are suppose to launch a fully funded DA starting in the fall. Not sure if it’s all ages and I heard announcement coming very soon

I guess we will see

Comment

My D was on the 01 Summer team a few years ago, and yes, they destroyed every team they faced like 5-0 at halftime. It was like a NYE-NJ all-star team. Still not sure how my D made that team (she was a last-minute call-up because someone had to drop out), but it was incredible to watch.

Comment

They are not really that amazing... They beat everyone during Winter and Summer when many teams are missing lots of players due to other sports, other commitments, etc..

When Red Bulls tried to have that same success during the regular season with their showcase teams, it didn’t really work out (several teams in the area easily beat them)

Comment

My D was on the 01 Summer team a few years ago, and yes, they destroyed every team they faced like 5-0 at halftime. It was like a NYE-NJ all-star team. Still not sure how my D made that team (she was a last-minute call-up because someone had to drop out), but it was incredible to watch.
                Yes that was great, goes to show you what a real Academy will do when facing off against all these other local wannabes!

Comment

They are not really that amazing... They beat everyone during Winter and Summer when many teams are missing lots of players due to other sports, other commitments, etc..

When Red Bulls tried to have that same success during the regular season with their showcase teams, it didn’t really work out (several teams in the area easily beat them)
                  The Winter and Summer teams were all-star teams from their RDS supplemental training programs from around Long Island and New Jersey. They were amazing in that they would show up at these tournaments with literally 1 practice of these players having played together before (in winter, sometimes not even that), with a few of the players playing up one or two age groups, and then destroy the teams they faced. Yes, some of these other teams might have been missing players, but no question that Red Bull’s were attracting superb players and doing a great job getting them to play well together.

Comment

The Winter and Summer teams were all-star teams from their RDS supplemental training programs from around Long Island and New Jersey. They were amazing in that they would show up at these tournaments with literally 1 practice of these players having played together before (in winter, sometimes not even that), with a few of the players playing up one or two age groups, and then destroy the teams they faced. Yes, some of these other teams might have been missing players, but no question that Red Bull’s were attracting superb players and doing a great job getting them to play well together.
                    BS

My daughter was on one of the teams. A deaf and blind person could have coached and won those events.

Too much credit to RDS.

Comment

BS

My daughter was on one of the teams. A deaf and blind person could have coached and won those events.

Too much credit to RDS.
                      So RDS didn't attract amazing players?

Comment

BS

Too much credit to RDS.
                        When you have a team full of amazing players who haven't played together before, it would be very easy for those players to be selfish and not play well together. RDS did a great job at getting amazing players to play well together.

Comment

When you have a team full of amazing players who haven't played together before, it would be very easy for those players to be selfish and not play well together. RDS did a great job at getting amazing players to play well together.
                          Those Red Bull RDS winter/summer showcase teams are no different than NJ Fire or any other all star team put together by a soccer dad. Zero coaching ability needed when you put a group of talented girls against weak teams (that are also missing players) in tournaments like the Teaneck Armory and the like... Those activities only really benefit Red Bulls - because it fools some parents into thinking that Red Bull’s is developing players.

Comment

Those Red Bull RDS winter/summer showcase teams are no different than NJ Fire or any other all star team put together by a soccer dad. Zero coaching ability needed when you put a group of talented girls against weak teams (that are also missing players) in tournaments like the Teaneck Armory and the like... Those activities only really benefit Red Bulls - because it fools some parents into thinking that Red Bull’s is developing players.
                            Instruction is way above average from the RDS staff. It must be nice to have access to instruction like that all the time at the boys academy.

In any case, anything the red bulls have for girls pales in comparison to what the boys can get. If you try to ignore that and look at it in comparison to all the mediocre offerings out there for girls - it is quality.

Comment

They are suppose to launch a fully funded DA starting in the fall. Not sure if it’s all ages and I heard announcement coming very soon

I guess we will see
                              If that is the case, bravo for them. It will be the end of STA and Cedar Stars unless they do the same though. Too many GDA teams in Jersey anyway

Comment

IF they fund the girls academy then A plus for them and I am a red bulls fan.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X