Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting comment about SU. The SU 10 year old girls team, the 2009s are one of SU's most competitive girls teams. I am not sure why you would want to leave that team to be on a team at PAC or Crossfire that gets consistently beat by the B team at SU. But, everyone has their own reasons I guess.
    All 7 pac and SU teams played one another yesterday. SU won 3 and lost 4, and 5 of the games had competitive scorelines. The two age groups where SU was blown out are groups where a lot of kids who started at SU are now with Reign. If SU starts holding on their kids in the younger age groups rather than actively sending them away as they did in the past they should be fine, but they will need to bring in some fresh faces on the girls’ coaching slate, ramp up their technical training, and figure out how to not treat strong young B team players who are as likely as their A team players in a few years like second class citizens to be as strong as they should be.

Comment

PacNW is the best ECNL club in the area for technical and tactical development. They've had the least roster disruptions in the past 5 years and have quality coaching. Very few players leave Pac from their top teams and if anything players from other clubs try to earn a spot in. They play a beautiful style of soccer and I'm glad the club is thriving. We drive over an hour to get to practices at Starfire and have zero regrets with our decision. If they moved to Olympia or something we would still do the drive. The club is not perfect but they do try to help players and their families with post-club ambitions.

Comment

PacNW is the best ECNL club in the area for technical and tactical development. They've had the least roster disruptions in the past 5 years and have quality coaching. Very few players leave Pac from their top teams and if anything players from other clubs try to earn a spot in. They play a beautiful style of soccer and I'm glad the club is thriving. We drive over an hour to get to practices at Starfire and have zero regrets with our decision. If they moved to Olympia or something we would still do the drive. The club is not perfect but they do try to help players and their families with post-club ambitions.
        I’m not a PAC parent but a lot of this message resonates with me from what I’ve seen.

Comment

Here's actually the game in question. It was 3-0 at the half so not ridiculous by any means. This is a very good PacNW team, I've never seen them before. They play lovely soccer. The SU team is just simply outclassed.

Comment

forgot the link lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtSBhBsm8g

Comment

On the plus side, great that SU is filming all the ECNL games. This gives kids quality recruiting film. You don't have to be on a winning team to get recruited, you just have to play well and be seen. Film helps.

Comment

Interesting comment about SU. The SU 10 year old girls team, the 2009s are one of SU's most competitive girls teams. I am not sure why you would want to leave that team to be on a team at PAC or Crossfire that gets consistently beat by the B team at SU. But, everyone has their own reasons I guess.
                The reason is this. My child did just that in reverse, left Pac for a team that wins most of their games. Crushes Pac's age group. The current club's focus is on winning, which they usually do. However it took me a year to realize that the fundamentals were sacrificed. Ball control, technical work and to a lesser degree tactical is missing as well.

Sure, it was warm and fuzzy to have a winning record, but in my opinion, the move was short-sited. And enduring the shouting from the coaches has not gone over well with my child, even though they usually celebrate a victory.

Now that my child has bonded with the new team, it will suck for my child to move again. I own the mistake, I have zero soccer background.

Comment

There are teams and coaches that want to win at all cost. Unfortunately, that cost comes at the sacrifice of development. Overall, PacNW has a club wide technical curriculum that is consistent across all levels of teams.

With that said, if a strong player from another club wants to join Pac's top teams mid-season when their rosters are already full, they will gladly take them. Especially if they come from one of the rival clubs. It definitely sends a strong message to clubs that offer free fees and travel that players don't have a problem giving up free soccer if the players feel like they are gaining development, exposure, and respect elsewhere.

Comment

There are teams and coaches that want to win at all cost. Unfortunately, that cost comes at the sacrifice of development. Overall, PacNW has a club wide technical curriculum that is consistent across all levels of teams.

With that said, if a strong player from another club wants to join Pac's top teams mid-season when their rosters are already full, they will gladly take them. Especially if they come from one of the rival clubs. It definitely sends a strong message to clubs that offer free fees and travel that players don't have a problem giving up free soccer if the players feel like they are gaining development, exposure, and respect elsewhere.
                    Message I am hearing is that there is no loyalty from Pac if they take outside players mid-season with a full roster. This also means that B team players will never get a chance to play up with the A team. So, Pac is a club that wants to win at all cost that club loyalty means nothing. Good messaging there, PacNW coach.

Comment

ALL the major clubs take impact players mid-season and at tryouts. This includes Reign, XF, EFC, Pac, SU, and WPFC. Nothing new under the sun.

Comment

Message I am hearing is that there is no loyalty from Pac if they take outside players mid-season with a full roster. This also means that B team players will never get a chance to play up with the A team. So, Pac is a club that wants to win at all cost that club loyalty means nothing. Good messaging there, PacNW coach.
                        Hilarious how people always think they know who is posting.

Comment

ALL the major clubs take impact players mid-season and at tryouts. This includes Reign, XF, EFC, Pac, SU, and WPFC. Nothing new under the sun.
                          100% True

Comment

So, what does that make your kid? Oh yeah, bench-warmer. Ride the pine. Splinter butt. Good times...

Comment

So, what does that make your kid? Oh yeah, bench-warmer. Ride the pine. Splinter butt. Good times...
                              Coaches from other clubs know who the impact players are from the other teams they play in the league. If one of those players suddenly wants to join their team they ain't going to be sitting on bench.

Comment

I live in Seattle with a soccer crazy 10 year old daughter. She currently plays for Seattle United but I probably will send her to PAC or XF in the next year or two to have a more competitive experience.
                                Are you joking about that age group at SU?? Is she doing select maybe?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X