Tryout Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really sure why would have anything to do with State Cup. Should be able to have tryouts in March.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Was listening to a podcast by a youth coach in another state describing tryout season, and I was surprised when he said their state association doesn’t allow tryouts until after all state cup rounds are done, which is typically very late in the spring. When I emailed him about how clubs in NJ increasingly have tryouts in March (after confirming with the state association there are no restrictions on the date for tryouts) he was surprised and mystified about how a system like that could work. I have my suspicions about why we have no such rules in NJ, but maybe somebody can explain.

Comment

Not really sure why would have anything to do with State Cup. Should be able to have tryouts in March.
      Don’t base everything on CA...they have their own issues.

Comment

Was listening to a podcast by a youth coach in another state describing tryout season, and I was surprised when he said their state association doesn’t allow tryouts until after all state cup rounds are done, which is typically very late in the spring. When I emailed him about how clubs in NJ increasingly have tryouts in March (after confirming with the state association there are no restrictions on the date for tryouts) he was surprised and mystified about how a system like that could work. I have my suspicions about why we have no such rules in NJ, but maybe somebody can explain.
        I can tell you why, the pay to play system protecting their “investments”. It’s a joke, tryouts should take place in May at the earliest, PA got it right.

Comment

Tryouts are getting earlier and earlier as clubs try to go earlier than each other to force the quality players to commit early then once they have that number they can decided how many other players they need to pay the bills and profit....

Also it limits some of the recruiting of top talent as most have to pay first to accept...good for the clubs but bad for the players as now you have so many that have not been asked to come back playing the entire spring on a team/club they know doesn't want them and really has not reason to develop or give them playing time......

Comment

The earlier the better. Just get them over with in my opinion.

Comment

To circumvent the early tryout nonsense, players that are interested in leaving should contact other teams in advance and go to training sessions before tryouts.

Comment

Because we have 2 governing bodies us club and ussys. So they’d both have to agree ( which would be the 1st time ever) before any rule would be effective

Comment

Legacy are excited to announce that the tryouts for our Legacy Premier teams for the 2020/21 seasonal year will commence the week of April 27. Based on discussions between our professional soccer leadership, the tryouts have been intentionally set later than many premier clubs in the area, in order for our players to focus more on development over the course of the spring season.

Based on the model pioneered by leading clubs in Eastern Pennsylvania, Legacy tryouts have been scheduled later in the spring with a players first philosophy in mind – allowing players to focus more on training and playing competitive games, rather than worrying and stressing over tryouts that start before a ball has been kicked in anger in the fall season. See the statement below from our professional soccer leadership:

"After discussions, both internally and with other NJ clubs for several years, and based on the leading steps taken by our counterparts in PA we have made a decision to put players first and start tryouts later. The spring season is a very important time for player development; every player improves at different rates and it shouldn't just be a season of tryouts. We want every player at Legacy to enjoy as much of their spring season as possible before decisions are made for the 2020/21 season. The spring season should not be a stressful time for players, parents or coaches. We won’t be hosting “ID Clinics” and won’t begin the formal tryout process before the end of April. Hopefully moving forward, the clubs in NJ can come together and we can all start tryouts at even later date."

Comment

Legacy are excited to announce that the tryouts for our Legacy Premier teams for the 2020/21 seasonal year will commence the week of April 27. Based on discussions between our professional soccer leadership, the tryouts have been intentionally set later than many premier clubs in the area, in order for our players to focus more on development over the course of the spring season.

Based on the model pioneered by leading clubs in Eastern Pennsylvania, Legacy tryouts have been scheduled later in the spring with a players first philosophy in mind – allowing players to focus more on training and playing competitive games, rather than worrying and stressing over tryouts that start before a ball has been kicked in anger in the fall season. See the statement below from our professional soccer leadership:

"After discussions, both internally and with other NJ clubs for several years, and based on the leading steps taken by our counterparts in PA we have made a decision to put players first and start tryouts later. The spring season is a very important time for player development; every player improves at different rates and it shouldn't just be a season of tryouts. We want every player at Legacy to enjoy as much of their spring season as possible before decisions are made for the 2020/21 season. The spring season should not be a stressful time for players, parents or coaches. We won’t be hosting “ID Clinics” and won’t begin the formal tryout process before the end of April. Hopefully moving forward, the clubs in NJ can come together and we can all start tryouts at even later date."
                    That’s a terrific approach, wish this would be something that NJYS would implement across the board. But all the academies are in their pocket so will never happen. If NJYS has the best interest of the kids and if the game this rule would be implemented and mandated immediately!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X