Ironbound Force
    Union SC Selecao
    Centercourt
    SC Vistula Garfield
    PDA Puyol
    PSA Princeton Elite
    Montclair United
    PSA Wildcats Elite
    Is this a list of just random teams? They are all terrible. None of them have beat anyone worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They play very nice ball, very good to watch and enjoyable. Also very well coached as is rest of the club.
      Compared to rec I guess.

Comment

Is this a list of just random teams? They are all terrible. None of them have beat anyone worthwhile.
        This looks like a boys team ranking — maybe think before you call 10 and 11 year old terrible, though.

Comment

This list is for u9. These are babies! How much development and skill can they have to even rank them ? All these parents with little kids acting like the know the program. Means nothing at this age. If your kid has a natural talent this young then great. Worry about rankings when it actually matters as they get older.
          So stupid.

Comment

This list is for u9. These are babies! How much development and skill can they have to even rank them ? All these parents with little kids acting like the know the program. Means nothing at this age. If your kid has a natural talent this young then great. Worry about rankings when it actually matters as they get older.
            So stupid.
            100% agree. Why would you bother ranking u9 teams? Even the exalted gotsoccer only starts at u11 and that is tough as a lot of teams haven't faced each other before. Take a look at the u11 rankings and you see a lot of township teams in the top 10 that of course aren't really top 10.

Comment

why rank teams? - see name of the thread - if it's not what you want to read, try starting another thread on discussing what you exactly you want to discuss - that's the nature of freedom of speech & people killing time on public forums - no biggie - you'll be ok

Comment

2011 U9:

CSA Bergen Pre Academy
                PDA Hibernian Howard
                STA MUSC Pre NL
                Foundation SA
                Ironbound Force
                Union SC Selecao
                Centercourt
                SC Vistula Garfield
                PDA Puyol
                PSA Princeton Elite
                Montclair United
                PSA Wildcats Elite
                I also presume this list is of boys teams, right? If so, I'll contribute based on what I've seen (I have a son this age).

CSA Bergen Pre Academy: amazing but I'm surprised they plan to stay in the 2011 EDP age this spring. 2011 seems too easy for those players.

Foundation SA: NY-based I think (not NJ)

Ironbound Force: very good and well coached. Sadly, they'll likely lose their better players to RB pre-academy the next year or two. Cool youtube channel.

Union SC Selecao: very good and extremely physical/aggressive

Centercourt: very good

SC Vistula Garfield: pretty good. I was surprised they were in the third EDP flight in the fall but they plan to play in the A flight this spring

I'd add Titanes (Piscataway?), Valencia (Metuchen?) and Torpedoes to this list. I'm sure I'm missing some other good ones too.

Comment

100% agree. Why would you bother ranking u9 teams? Even the exalted gotsoccer only starts at u11 and that is tough as a lot of teams haven't faced each other before. Take a look at the u11 rankings and you see a lot of township teams in the top 10 that of course aren't really top 10.
                  GotSoccer rewards teams with points in events that use the GotSoccer system. Some leagues use it and get points plus points for tournaments while higher level teams (DA and ECNL) don't get anything. Also since it's point based means teams that play more "ranked" events and play teams high in the system accumulate more points.

Comment

GotSoccer rewards teams with points in events that use the GotSoccer system. Some leagues use it and get points plus points for tournaments while higher level teams (DA and ECNL) don't get anything. Also since it's point based means teams that play more "ranked" events and play teams high in the system accumulate more points.
                    Exactly this. That's why some teams have an inflated score very early because they travel around unnecessarily to collect gotsoccer points. If you can't beat all of the teams in your age group in your state and region then going around the country playing tournaments is obviously just to collect points, win against bad teams, and to inflate resumes.

Comment

ECNL will be awarding gotsoccer points going forward.

Comment

yes i agree those are good selections for this age group.
                        Good observations...Union push the envelope on aggresive vs dirty play (even at U9)

Interesting to see who stays together and what happens.
                        We were impressed by the techincal skill of these teams at U9

Others, not top ten but did well:

Monroe Twp YS
                        Sportfriends Man City
                        GSA Jersey City
                        Liverpool Central
                        NJ Premier FC

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X