New policy on personal training sessions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this went downhill fast. Getting it back on track. SU just posted a video on FB with club leaders telling players its ok to train in groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Well, this went downhill fast. Getting it back on track. SU just posted a video on FB with club leaders telling players its ok to train in groups.
      I watched that video and yes they said small group trainings, followed with using social distancing, big spacing, not sharing a ball/water bottle, with permission from the parents or doing these provided lessons with family.
      Good try to bring up and Bash SU for providing something for their players in both the fitness and technical ball touch along with players having to submit their homework to the club and then coaches getting a report on who has done it, etc.

Comment

I watched that video and yes they said small group trainings, followed with using social distancing, big spacing, not sharing a ball/water bottle, with permission from the parents or doing these provided lessons with family.
        Good try to bring up and Bash SU for providing something for their players in both the fitness and technical ball touch along with players having to submit their homework to the club and then coaches getting a report on who has done it, etc.
        No bashing intended. My DD is at SU. Was actually reporting a different view on the training issue. I think one of the guys on the SU video is a doctor, or maybe I heard wrong. There is a lot of confusion about what is safe and legal. Would be good to have an honest discussion here about this stuff because different groups are doing different things. Some coaches are still doing personal training sessions, some players are even getting together in small groups to train on their own and others are not doing it because they say its not safe and legal. It would great to know what is best for the kids without everyone defending their particular club.

Comment

No bashing intended. My DD is at SU. Was actually reporting a different view on the training issue. I think one of the guys on the SU video is a doctor, or maybe I heard wrong. There is a lot of confusion about what is safe and legal. Would be good to have an honest discussion here about this stuff because different groups are doing different things. Some coaches are still doing personal training sessions, some players are even getting together in small groups to train on their own and others are not doing it because they say its not safe and legal. It would great to know what is best for the kids without everyone defending their particular club.
          Amen to that last line. I hope we can all put aside bashing and defending our clubs for now. Once we get past this crisis, we can return to our regularly scheduled petty grievances.

The governor is has a big announcement this evening. We may see new restrictions that make small group training hard.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X