Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If U.S. Soccer is OK with weaponizing misogyny..."

"If U.S. Soccer is OK with weaponizing misogyny, winning the equal pay lawsuit is irrelevant"

https://sports.yahoo.com/if-us-socce...000743320.html

-

"In Quest to Win Equal Pay Case, U.S. Soccer Belittles USWNT Players"
    https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/03/10...-court-filings

"The fact that U.S. Soccer must rely on legal arguments that insult many soccer fans–and belittle the same players they are trying to prove are treated fairly–could ultimately inflict more damage on U.S. Soccer’s name than any wage gains U.S. Soccer hopes to obtain in the litigation."

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "If U.S. Soccer is OK with weaponizing misogyny, winning the equal pay lawsuit is irrelevant"

https://sports.yahoo.com/if-us-socce...000743320.html

-

"In Quest to Win Equal Pay Case, U.S. Soccer Belittles USWNT Players"
    https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/03/10...-court-filings

"The fact that U.S. Soccer must rely on legal arguments that insult many soccer fans–and belittle the same players they are trying to prove are treated fairly–could ultimately inflict more damage on U.S. Soccer’s name than any wage gains U.S. Soccer hopes to obtain in the litigation."
    They are represented their perspective of the facts. They are being sued, get over it.

Comment

They are represented their perspective of the facts. They are being sued, get over it.
      Should I assume you have a son, so this doesn't apply to you?

And responding to the OP, I'm surprised this hasn't pissed off more people on this board. The statements made by the attorneys, and being representative of their clients are appalling.

And this half-assed apology isn't going to cut it: “On behalf of U.S. Soccer,” Cordeiro said, “I sincerely apologize for the offense and pain caused by language in this week’s court filing, which did not reflect the values of our federation or our tremendous admiration of our women’s national team.” -- https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/s...equal-pay.html

Comment

Has soccer fans, players and coaches always been so pro women? I feel like something changed recently, or maybe it has always been the more pro women sport. Says a lot about the sport.....

Comment

none

They are represented their perspective of the facts.
          umm, that's exactly the problem! They just stated that they see it AS FACT that females are inferior to males. But yeah, we should just get over it. Right. It's shameful. The USWNT is the ONLY thing successful and exceptional under US Soccer's immediate umbrella. They've earned 4 f'n stars.

Comment

Has soccer fans, players and coaches always been so pro women? I feel like something changed recently, or maybe it has always been the more pro women sport. Says a lot about the sport.....
            I don't know if you would characterize it as Pro Women, or just flat out Pro Equality.

Comment

none

Where the heck is the pro-female friendly, female-focused Reign / Reign academy is this dialogue? Silent. Totally silent. Unbelievable. If these words came out of Bernie's mouth, Reign would have been front and center. USSF... silence.

Comment

Because it isn't news. Are you surprised women aren't treated equal? If this were Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Canada, yea there would be shock and anger.

Here in America... are you really surprised? If America cared much about women, a different President would've been elected.

Hate to break it to ya, the great USA isn't exactly a champion of women's rights.

Comment

none

Because it isn't news. Are you surprised women aren't treated equal? If this were Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Canada, yea there would be shock and anger.

Here in America... are you really surprised? If America cared much about women, a different President would've been elected.

Hate to break it to ya, the great USA isn't exactly a champion of women's rights.
                  Fatalistic. You can chose that life. I don't. It's not about being surprised. It's not about whether it's happened in the past. None of that means people should accept it. Just like you shouldn't accept racism just because of our racist past. I'm not surprised that people are murdered. I'm not surprised at this point with our President's idiotic behavior. And I don't have to accept any of those as ok. It's about what's right. That's what this country is about. While you may not be a champion of women's rights, those organizations that use it as a tag line should be standing up right now, and they are silent.

Comment

I don't know if you would characterize it as Pro Women, or just flat out Pro Equality.
                    LGBTQZ alert!!!!!

Comment

LGBTQZ alert!!!!!
                      Ignorant, intolerant ******* alert.

Comment

Wrong

Comment

Wrong
                          I can't wait for you to mansplain it to us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X