6 second rule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

appreciate the keeper questions / responses... can anyone tell me how stats are kept for keepers when they split a game with another keeper. I watch teams that change keepers at the half and have wondered how they keep their stats from being ruined by another player that takes over...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This never happened.
      Ummm yes it did happen. I could see the call if we were ahead late in the game but it was early in the game with no score. Her coaches have always told her that this rule is rarely enforced and she will be warned first.

Comment

Sorry for being a stick in the mud here, but there is a six second rule. Or some variation of of it in every league.

If it's a rule in her league, then it's a rule in her league. Period.

While there are rules that most officials do not enforce, it's the officials that do not enforce it that are wrong. Not the officials that do actually enforces the rules.

There is actually a rule in the books for every single level of play, from u9 to World Cup that is totally ignored by almost every referee. I doubt any poster here can name it. But it happens on every level and referees allow it it due to "tradition".

Keepers are not allowed to hold the ball once they have picked up until they decide to release it. Yes, generally, on almost every level they are given a ton of leeway on this rule. I suggest that the referee that actually called it right should be applauded though.

There isn't a single written law that says a referee should give a warning, or help a player out during a game by giving a warning.

That said, there are rules that even almost every referee ignores at every level of the game. God bless them, but it's a tradition that is so stupid and so disadvantagiois to an opposing team. But I doubt anyone here knows what that is, and it happens in every game on every level.
        I agree. You don't warn a player about a hand ball or tripping. The GK 6 second rule falls into the direct kick 10 yard rule. Should not have to ask for 10 yards. Its a rule

Comment

I agree. You don't warn a player about a hand ball or tripping. The GK 6 second rule falls into the direct kick 10 yard rule. Should not have to ask for 10 yards. Its a rule
          Yet...those rules are almost always enforced. The 6 second rule rarely is. Kids will push boundaries when a ref isnt tough. A quick reminder at the start of a game takes 2 seconds. If they then violate it then call it immediately. They won't have to be told a 2nd time.

Comment

Thank you!!! Someone else agrees in the ten yard rule and all the jerks who dont respect the rule. Why referees allow players to blatantly defy the rule is beyond me. It is completely unsportsmanlike.

Comment

Thank you!!! Someone else agrees in the ten yard rule and all the jerks who dont respect the rule. Why referees allow players to blatantly defy the rule is beyond me. It is completely unsportsmanlike.
              Yes. To me, should not have to ask for it. If the ref sees it then enforce it. If the player kicks a ball and someone hits it within 10 yards then re-play it

Comment

The ten yard rule is another one older kids try and get away with and younger ones have no idea how much that really is.

Comment

The ten yard rule is another one older kids try and get away with and younger ones have no idea how much that really is.
                  Perhaps because the ten yards only apply to eleven-a-side play.

Comment

Wow, thanks for everything. Literally, a cite to all of the Laws. Which is so much it's essentially nothing. So I guess I mean to say...thanks for Nothing. Douche.
                    Reading is tough, I know...

Comment

Help me understand how to resolve these rules:

If a player decides to take a free kick quickly and an opponent who is less
                      than 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball intercepts it, the referee must allow play to
                      continue.

If a player decides to take a free kick quickly and an opponent who is near the
                      ball deliberately prevents him taking the kick, the referee must caution the
                      player for delaying the restart of play

Does the second quoted rule only apply if the player is standing right over the ball or in between the opponent and the ball? But the first one applies if the player is standing a few yards away and the opponent chooses to "quick kick"?

Comment

Help me understand how to resolve these rules:

If a player decides to take a free kick quickly and an opponent who is less
                        than 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball intercepts it, the referee must allow play to
                        continue.

If a player decides to take a free kick quickly and an opponent who is near the
                        ball deliberately prevents him taking the kick, the referee must caution the
                        player for delaying the restart of play

Does the second quoted rule only apply if the player is standing right over the ball or in between the opponent and the ball? But the first one applies if the player is standing a few yards away and the opponent chooses to "quick kick"?
                        And then to really make things confusing:

If, when a free kick is taken, an opponent is closer to the ball than the required
                        distance:
                        • the kick is retaken

Comment

And then to really make things confusing:

If, when a free kick is taken, an opponent is closer to the ball than the required
                          distance:
                          • the kick is retaken
                          At least you are asking as opposed to screaming on the sidelines, completely clueless

Comment

At least you are asking as opposed to screaming on the sidelines, completely clueless
                            So what is the answer? For the refs out there, how do you interpret these conflicting rules?

Comment

So what is the answer? For the refs out there, how do you interpret these conflicting rules?
                              when an opposing player walks up and sits on the ball, you stop play.

Comment

when an opposing player walks up and sits on the ball, you stop play.
                                Nah. Kick out from under his arse Charlie Brown style

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X