Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    my son play for purple he say that felipe no clear frum FIFA an in game he want too sub frum game cause is tired good boy but no can play in this level OC DA has good team and coaches
    bless
    i am supporting Dinald Trump more and more as I read this thread.

Comment

same thing at kendall, u16 coach and technical director play the same style....

Comment

same thing at kendall, u16 coach and technical director play the same style....

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...there-any.html

I fear a lot of those personal touches would be frowned on by the academy coaches, probably suppressed in the name of “correcting bad habits.” Of course, there’s a nice academic discipline involved in that, getting the pupils to do things correctly -- but I think the academies need to do more. They need to demonstrate, incontestably, that their didactic, academic approach is the right one.

Right now, the evidence seems to me to point in the other direction: That nurturing young soccer talent needs a very flexible, non-programmed approach. Developing team players -- which will surely be a top target in the pro-linked academies -- is not the same thing as developing individual players. Players with their own soccer personality, their own set of skills, their own magic, maybe their own genius. Rare players, but the sort of players that soccer has relied on for over 100 years to raise it above, way above, simply a bunch of guys running about.

This is not necessarily about a Messi or a Neymar or a Ronaldo or a Rooney -- players who, almost from birth, were recognized as exceptional. It is highly likely that such amazing talent will be respected wherever the player goes, a youth club, an academy or wherever. That has nearly always been the case, and the academies are not likely to change that.

But just below that level lurk the nearly-lads, those with a hidden genius that needs help to blossom. Maybe they are lacking in self-confidence, maybe they have too much of it, maybe they are lazy, or find it difficult to “fit in” -- they are problem kids who need careful attention if their genius is to be realized.

But before it can be realized, the genius must be recognized. I wonder whether the academies, with their scholastic approach, are equipped to nurture the mavericks? If they cannot, for philosophic reasons, do the job, that would not only be another mark against them, it would also be a huge disappointment.

What better statement of their own value could the academies make than to ensure a future in the sport for highly talented maverick players, those who, in the past, may have been “coached” out of the game, or simply ignored? Not an easy project, but one that would firmly establish the value of the academy system.

Comment

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...there-any.html

I fear a lot of those personal touches would be frowned on by the academy coaches, probably suppressed in the name of “correcting bad habits.” Of course, there’s a nice academic discipline involved in that, getting the pupils to do things correctly -- but I think the academies need to do more. They need to demonstrate, incontestably, that their didactic, academic approach is the right one.

Right now, the evidence seems to me to point in the other direction: That nurturing young soccer talent needs a very flexible, non-programmed approach. Developing team players -- which will surely be a top target in the pro-linked academies -- is not the same thing as developing individual players. Players with their own soccer personality, their own set of skills, their own magic, maybe their own genius. Rare players, but the sort of players that soccer has relied on for over 100 years to raise it above, way above, simply a bunch of guys running about.

This is not necessarily about a Messi or a Neymar or a Ronaldo or a Rooney -- players who, almost from birth, were recognized as exceptional. It is highly likely that such amazing talent will be respected wherever the player goes, a youth club, an academy or wherever. That has nearly always been the case, and the academies are not likely to change that.

But just below that level lurk the nearly-lads, those with a hidden genius that needs help to blossom. Maybe they are lacking in self-confidence, maybe they have too much of it, maybe they are lazy, or find it difficult to “fit in” -- they are problem kids who need careful attention if their genius is to be realized.

But before it can be realized, the genius must be recognized. I wonder whether the academies, with their scholastic approach, are equipped to nurture the mavericks? If they cannot, for philosophic reasons, do the job, that would not only be another mark against them, it would also be a huge disappointment.

What better statement of their own value could the academies make than to ensure a future in the sport for highly talented maverick players, those who, in the past, may have been “coached” out of the game, or simply ignored? Not an easy project, but one that would firmly establish the value of the academy system.
          That may be one of the issues with most DA's and US soccer . It's really not their fault though , everyone has pressure to win so they end up sacrificing individual talent for the mechanical / robotic approach. They say its not about winning but the show the opposite.

Comment

No DA not at least in FL will look for this style of player. They all go for bigger faster and strength. Sorry I know this offends DA parents but its true.
            Problem not just with DA, my son is struggling for playing team at his new club (just moved from NJ) as according to his coach he is not impacting the game physically. Technically he is one of the better players but a bit on the smaller side so not as fast as the others. Still he is second in scoring and probably top in assists. I pointed this out once and the coach said, well he is scoring because he is usually all alone. He actually said that. Hey coach, perhaps his off the ball movement is pretty good.

We will look for another club.

Comment

Problem not just with DA, my son is struggling for playing team at his new club (just moved from NJ) as according to his coach he is not impacting the game physically. Technically he is one of the better players but a bit on the smaller side so not as fast as the others. Still he is second in scoring and probably top in assists. I pointed this out once and the coach said, well he is scoring because he is usually all alone. He actually said that. Hey coach, perhaps his off the ball movement is pretty good.

We will look for another club.
              Where do you live. I can recommend what club to move to help out. What year is he born?

Comment

Where do you live. I can recommend what club to move to help out. What year is he born?
                Lutz - 04 and playing up - will move him back to his appropriate age group.

He guess practiced with two other teams that we are considering.

Comment

lol... guess. I meant guest. Saw it has soon as I hit enter.

Comment

You need to have Coach Alex at TBU work with him, he took a group of very talented undersized 00/01s to two State Championships!

Comment

Isn't MC coaching the U12 boys over at Lutz.

Comment

must not be happy with the stripes

MC is a fantastic coach.

Comment

How can your son gain any mental toughness if mommy and daddy bail him out and move him?

Let him face this adversity, if he were in a real academy, say Europe, wouldn't he face this very same problem? Would you switch clubs then, or would he have to dig deep?

I know it may seem tough from the parents perspective because we want our kids to play, but there are things they should be learning, so parent interference most time is detrimental.

Ps. I am not saying you coach is right, he sounds like a flipping idiot, but don't take away from your kid.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1706021]How can your son gain any mental toughness if mommy and daddy bail him out and move him?

Let him face this adversity, if he were in a real academy, say Europe, wouldn't he face this very same problem? Would you switch clubs then, or would he have to dig deep?

I know it may seem tough from the parents perspective because we want our kids to play, but there are things they should be learning, so parent interference most time is detrimental.

Ps. I am not saying you coach is right, he sounds like a flipping idiot, but don't take away from your kid.[/

Voy leído otras cuestiones estados y nada. este de la Florida es malo. Por eso no hay jugadores de calidad. demasiadas personas malas

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1706070]
                              How can your son gain any mental toughness if mommy and daddy bail him out and move him?

Ps. I am not saying you coach is right, he sounds like a flipping idiot, but don't take away from your kid.[/

Voy leído otras cuestiones estados y nada. este de la Florida es malo. Por eso no hay jugadores de calidad. demasiadas personas malas
                              Julio Caesar Chavez - This belongs on the Spanish Talking soccer.

Comment

I smell fear of the best player leaving.

Ps. I am not saying you coach is right, he sounds like a flipping idiot, but don't take away from your kid.
                                CDs, DOCs & Coaches get to make decision they think are best for themselves.

When did a parent lose the right to do what think think is best?

Since when is staying in a bad situation or a perceived bad situation a good idea?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X