Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player Release

Has the deadline passed where a club has to give a U14 player a release if they ask for it?

No, but our experience last year was they didn't want to give it. And I think unless you are willing to pay all your money for the year they don't have to.

Comment

Player Release

Thank you. When is the deadline?

Comment

I believe dec 1st, but dont quote me :)

Comment

Dec 1st. But be enough of a pain in the ass and willing to pay, they will let the kid go. If not, post on here enough and call out the doc, coach, team manager and a few parents, and that should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Dec 1st. But be enough of a pain in the ass and willing to pay, they will let the kid go. If not, post on here enough and call out the doc, coach, team manager and a few parents, and that should do the trick.
            This!!

Comment

Great advice!

Comment

one sided

Youth soccer contracts for a year is a good thing only if it is serving both sides. Without contracts, it would be difficult to run a club.
                Unfortunately, these contracts are designed only to benefit the clubs. Fundamental value based business rules are not followed and the contract is not in the best interest of the player development.
                For example:
                1. if a team commits for 14 players in the beginning when you sign the contract, how can a club roster 22 players as the season progresses?
                2. If 14 players were the base, then when a player leaves that makes it 13. If that remains 13, then the leaving player should pay in full for that season. If the player is replaced with a new player, then the left player should be repaid on a pro-rated basis. But clubs use this to their advantage- ....does not make sense for "Player Development" model.
                3. Contracts should be null and void, due for renewal whenever a coach is replaced: because some players sign to train under a coach....

Comment

Youth soccer contracts for a year is a good thing only if it is serving both sides. Without contracts, it would be difficult to run a club.
                  Unfortunately, these contracts are designed only to benefit the clubs. Fundamental value based business rules are not followed and the contract is not in the best interest of the player development.
                  For example:
                  1. if a team commits for 14 players in the beginning when you sign the contract, how can a club roster 22 players as the season progresses?
                  2. If 14 players were the base, then when a player leaves that makes it 13. If that remains 13, then the leaving player should pay in full for that season. If the player is replaced with a new player, then the left player should be repaid on a pro-rated basis. But clubs use this to their advantage- ....does not make sense for "Player Development" model.
                  3. Contracts should be null and void, due for renewal whenever a coach is replaced: because some players sign to train under a coach....
                  Exactly. Last year we signed up for a team because of the coach, and were assured we'd have enough players. That coach left the beginning of August, and we didn't have enough players. The DOC would not release us because they wanted my kid at the club. Even though it was nothing we signed up for.

Comment

For example:
                    I agree. Club soccer is a racket that benefits business not the development of players/children. Since we the parents are paying them the club they should be doing the job we want. If they don't, then the parent kid should be able to walk at anytime. This would make the clubs give a ****. It is just wrong to be locked in to a club with piss poor training and/or coaching. I do think the club should be able to keep all the money the parent put up but penalizing the kid for wanting to go somewhere else that is a better fit is ridiculous. I wish someone would challenge this rule in court because I don't think it would hold up. If the club was paying the kid then the club should set the rules. If the parent is paying then the rules that should apply are the customer is always right.

Contract with children are not enforceable. The parent signs so I am sure they are saying it is the parents contract/responsibility but it is the kid that does the work or fulfills the contract. I would love to hear from someone with legal experience chime in on this.

Comment

Time for all Florida parents to pool some money and file a lawsuit against FYSA to get some player/parent rights.

What do we want???

1). End all annual contracts.

2)

3)

Comment

Time for all Florida parents to pool some money and file a lawsuit against FYSA to get some player/parent rights.

What do we want???

1). End all annual contracts.

2)

3)
                        Yes. No contract. If a club/coach sucks parents should be able to leave (fire them). If your kid was at a school that was worthless you can leave and find another easily. It should be the same with soccer - a game - not something as important as an education. I wonder if the State gets some kind of kick back from the clubs?

Comment

2) with a majority vote of the parents, clubs would be required to replace the coach with a new coach. For example one who wont bully children in the name of "this is travel soccer".

Comment

I agree. Club soccer is a racket that benefits business not the development of players/children. Since we the parents are paying them the club they should be doing the job we want. If they don't, then the parent kid should be able to walk at anytime. This would make the clubs give a ****. It is just wrong to be locked in to a club with piss poor training and/or coaching. I do think the club should be able to keep all the money the parent put up but penalizing the kid for wanting to go somewhere else that is a better fit is ridiculous. I wish someone would challenge this rule in court because I don't think it would hold up. If the club was paying the kid then the club should set the rules. If the parent is paying then the rules that should apply are the customer is always right.

Contract with children are not enforceable. The parent signs so I am sure they are saying it is the parents contract/responsibility but it is the kid that does the work or fulfills the contract. I would love to hear from someone with legal experience chime in on this.
                            I have NO legal experience but I did consult a lawyer about getting released from Hollywood a couple years ago. The lawyer said they are a private party and can basically make any rules they want to. I waited them out and didn't give them another nickel and left after Memorial Day. The team folded after that because everyone was unhappy. They have you by the balls because you signed a contract.

Comment

2) with a majority vote of the parents, clubs would be required to replace the coach with a new coach. For example one who wont bully children in the name of "this is travel soccer".
                              On flip side, when your team is losing, the coach likes to say he is developing at team. What a bunch of BS. Developing on a select team is the code word for your team stinks if the coach is good. Or, it means the coach stinks because he can't figure out how to win with what he/she has.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X