Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ah, i guy who reads and relies on rankings. Now i see. They don't really explain how WWF only won one of the 6-7 games against this TBU team in the last year.

Out of place, perhaps. But..

Arsenal won it all, and going into the finals gave up zero goals en route to scoring 29.
    In the semis, Aresenal 1, Chicago Fire 0.
    In regular play, Chicago Fire 1, TBU 0.

I will take that. But some would rather win the B bracket, i guess.
    They were placed based off points. No choice. They will for sure be placed higher now that they gained more points. I dont think got soccer is a good ranking site but the other ranks teams based off every game played and is pretty accurate at most age groups. be objective and check for yourself. I think the teams are very close. Have they played this year?

Comment

Last year is last year as it relates to TBU & WFF U13G teams. Different teams & I would assume different result, but that remains to be seen.
      It certainly appears that TBU has trouble scoring, period. Not just this past weekend, but all year.
      Unlike last year, they do not play each other as much, so the March meeting will really mean something.

Comment

Unless you are talking about WFF Brandon merging with TBU, then that may happen but the WFF Pasco side with MR in charge will never happen because of ego. That is why the GTBFC and TBU merger went south due to MR wanting control. TBU want nothing to do with MR and former GTBFC management
        MR definitely wants control. The pasco side has no choice in the matter unless they back out completely and file for a new FYSA affiliation which they could do. MR needs to be clear that he won't be running a mega club. None of the other coaches or DOCs will get behind him and he isn't qualified to run a club the size of CASL/Concorde. He is a hard worker and gets things done but he is WAY WAY out of his league trying to insert himself to run a mega club. It won't happen.

Comment

Ah, i guy who reads and relies on rankings. Now i see. They don't really explain how WWF only won one of the 6-7 games against this TBU team in the last year.

Out of place, perhaps. But..

Arsenal won it all, and going into the finals gave up zero goals en route to scoring 29.
          In the semis, Aresenal 1, Chicago Fire 0.
          In regular play, Chicago Fire 1, TBU 0.

I will take that. But some would rather win the B bracket, i guess.
          First, the teams have not played this year and I would assume both teams added different players. I know for sure WFF added players. Going back exactly 1 year. oldest to newest

WFF 4 TBU 0
          WFF 0 TBU 0
          WFF 1 TBU 2
          WFF 0 TBU 2
          WFF 0 TBU 1

I think the teams are probably very close and I think www.youthsoccerrankings.us has it right. teams are within 1 goal of each other either way.

Comment

Last year is last year as it relates to TBU & WFF U13G teams. Different teams & I would assume different result, but that remains to be seen.
            It certainly appears that TBU has trouble scoring, period. Not just this past weekend, but all year.
            Unlike last year, they do not play each other as much, so the March meeting will really mean something.
            This is confusing, are you referring to this year's U13G teams - or last year's U13G teams (which would be the current U14G teams)? And what meeting in March?

Comment

I apologize, I was referring to this year's U13G teams.
              They are only scheduled to meet once in March via NPL game.
              Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I apologize, I was referring to this year's U13G teams.
                They are only scheduled to meet once in March via NPL game.
                Sorry for the confusion.
                All good!

Comment

First, the teams have not played this year and I would assume both teams added different players. I know for sure WFF added players. Going back exactly 1 year. oldest to newest

WFF 4 TBU 0
                  WFF 0 TBU 0
                  WFF 1 TBU 2
                  WFF 0 TBU 2
                  WFF 0 TBU 1

I think the teams are probably very close and I think www.youthsoccerrankings.us has it right. teams are within 1 goal of each other either way.
                  It looks like TB has been better lately.

Comment

It looks like TB has been better lately.
                    True, and this omits another WWF loss that was ~13 months ago. I point this out only in response to the poster's advice that TBU should question why they didn't play in the final rounds of the top bracket, while WWF played in the finals of the second tier:

Bottom line is if you continue to question the quality of their team then id take a good hard look at your team because you were driving home while they were still playing.
                    Seems a little silly dontch think?

Comment

MR definitely wants control. The pasco side has no choice in the matter unless they back out completely and file for a new FYSA affiliation which they could do. MR needs to be clear that he won't be running a mega club. None of the other coaches or DOCs will get behind him and he isn't qualified to run a club the size of CASL/Concorde. He is a hard worker and gets things done but he is WAY WAY out of his league trying to insert himself to run a mega club. It won't happen.
                      I agree with you but to say MR is a hardworker is laughable. He cannot coach a team and does not even go out to the field to see the training. All he does is stay home and collect his huge paycheck while DV coaches teams and is expected to oversee the other coaches. Yes he is hardworking getting paid without leaving his home. Only in the US will this happen. WFF Brandon are no part of the WFF Pasco because of MR and if this merger happens, then WFF Pasco will be toast.

Comment

True, and this omits another WWF loss that was ~13 months ago. I point this out only in response to the poster's advice that TBU should question why they didn't play in the final rounds of the top bracket, while WWF played in the finals of the second tier:

Seems a little silly dontch think?
                        You obviously missed the point. The teams have changed since May when tryouts were held. The teams have not played since. They are ranked 6th and 8th with similar results against similar competition. The TBU U13 was placed into the top bracket and they were definitely not in the appropriate bracket. 1 tie and 2 losses with a negative goal differential. They didn't have a choice but to play that bracket and you did not only make it out of bracket but you didn't win a game. Similarly, the U13 WFF team played in the 2nd flight without a choice. They won it. I am not saying that either team is better. I am saying that they are close. But here is also a HUGE point. You can't brag about playing in the top flight if you suck it up in that flight. Similarly, WFF can't really boast of being the best since they were in the 2nd flight. I think the teams are close. If you compare their results this year its shaping up to be a very tight game that could go either way. Neither team is clearly better. WFF got the points and is ranked number 1 in got soccer (I hate got soccer rankings by the way...find them to not be the best or most accurate) however www.youthsoccerrankings.us is imo much more accurate and shows the teams are neck and neck.

Comment

West Florida Flames New coaching addition

You obviously missed the point. The teams have changed since May when tryouts were held. The teams have not played since. They are ranked 6th and 8th with similar results against similar competition. The TBU U13 was placed into the top bracket and they were definitely not in the appropriate bracket. 1 tie and 2 losses with a negative goal differential. They didn't have a choice but to play that bracket and you did not only make it out of bracket but you didn't win a game. Similarly, the U13 WFF team played in the 2nd flight without a choice. They won it. I am not saying that either team is better. I am saying that they are close. But here is also a HUGE point. You can't brag about playing in the top flight if you suck it up in that flight. Similarly, WFF can't really boast of being the best since they were in the 2nd flight. I think the teams are close. If you compare their results this year its shaping up to be a very tight game that could go either way. Neither team is clearly better. WFF got the points and is ranked number 1 in got soccer (I hate got soccer rankings by the way...find them to not be the best or most accurate) however www.youthsoccerrankings.us is imo much more accurate and shows the teams are neck and neck.

Well said! Can't wait to see these two duke it out in March. Having watched both of these teams play, I can tell you it will be one heck of a game. I would probably put my money on WFF at this point, but all can change over the next few months with injuries etc. We shall see!!

Comment

Well said! Can't wait to see these two duke it out in March. Having watched both of these teams play, I can tell you it will be one heck of a game. I would probably put my money on WFF at this point, but all can change over the next few months with injuries etc. We shall see!!
                            Are both these teams better than Clw? Just asking

Comment

Are both these teams better than Clw? Just asking
                              just looking at the NPL results I think clearwater is "better then normal" but it seems like clearwater is a bit behind both based off results alone. I have not seen clearwater play but on paper looks stronger then usual clearwater teams (no offense). In NPL I think TBU has the edge right now played 5 games with 3 wins and no losses. Clearwater played 5 games with 1 win and 2 losses. WFF played 6 games with 4 wins and 2 losses. Ties do kill tho. Right now it looks like it will come down to the TBU vs WFF game to see who finishes higher in NPL. Clearwater has ground to make up but think its possible.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X