Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Doesn't everything in life cost something?
    True but with soccer we happen to be very dumb consumers.

Comment

True but with soccer we happen to be very dumb consumers.
      If you see it that way. That's your opinion. Why not make sure every options is explored if that's what your child really wants to do? Money comes and money goes.

Comment

FC Florida is a tiny club with very few elite players. They are below average at U8-14. They get a bit better at the older age groups but nothing special. Now that Boca United has DA, they will be completely irrelevant in a couple of years. Plus, not much talent close to Palm City.

Remember, the DA system started based on IMG and the original DAs consisted of Weston and Kendall. Orlando City is a young DA. Because they are fully funded they get elite players but are not blowing Weston and Kendall out of the water in most age groups. FC Florida, however, is not even in the conversation as competing with these clubs.

Comment

FC Florida is a tiny club with very few elite players. They are below average at U8-14. They get a bit better at the older age groups but nothing special. Now that Boca United has DA, they will be completely irrelevant in a couple of years. Plus, not much talent close to Palm City.

Remember, the DA system started based on IMG and the original DAs consisted of Weston and Kendall. Orlando City is a young DA. Because they are fully funded they get elite players but are not blowing Weston and Kendall out of the water in most age groups. FC Florida, however, is not even in the conversation as competing with these clubs.
          FC Florida will get it on pure logistics. Too much space between Orlando City Boca and Weston. Too much unseen talent between those areas.

Comment

No such thing as unseen talent!

If a player is talented they will be seen.
            There is a big difference between the top Red Bulls player and the top Weston player just like there is a big difference between the top Weston player and the top FC Florida player.
            For example-
            Top Red Bull Players end up at:
            Harvard, Virginia, Michigan, St John's, Maryland, New England Revolution, Duke, Sporting Kansas, Red Bull 1 and Red Bull 2....
            Top Weston Players end up at:
            Farleigh Dickinson, Ft Lauderdale Strikers, West Point, UPenn, FIT, High Point, UCF, Columbia, UNC, Ohio State, Rollins....
            Top FC Florida Players end up at:
            Aside from the occasional NAIA or Junior College recruit, lower division pro scout teams, the bench at a 2nd or 3rd tier college program and the kids that end up living at home and playing at PF Estate Fields with the landscapers, can someone shed some light on any level of player development success that FC Florida has had that didn't include buying players or "merging"?

Comment

There is a big difference between the top Red Bulls player and the top Weston player just like there is a big difference between the top Weston player and the top FC Florida player.
              For example-
              Harvard, Virginia, Michigan, St John's, Maryland, New England Revolution, Duke, Sporting Kansas, Red Bull 1 and Red Bull 2....
              Farleigh Dickinson, Ft Lauderdale Strikers, West Point, UPenn, FIT, High Point, UCF, Columbia, UNC, Ohio State, Rollins....
              Aside from the occasional NAIA or Junior College recruit, lower division pro scout teams, the bench at a 2nd or 3rd tier college program and the kids that end up living at home and playing at PF Estate Fields with the landscapers, can someone shed some light on any level of player development success that FC Florida has had that didn't include buying players or "merging"?
              Don't make fun of West Point. They are the real heroes on that list!!!!

Comment

Good for Tom. I know he has worked hard for those titles. I am not convinced that FC is worth while of this and I certainly don't think the club promotes a teaching environment. I also have my hesitations about this club representing a certain class because Tom has no control over the parents which set a bad example. I have been a referee for many of their games and the things I hear the parents say are terrible. I would like to see Tom create a set of standards for parents to follow and actually enforce them. I truly hope Tom and the rest of FC Florida do the right thing for this status. I hope it isn't just a money grab and to stroke the egos of certain parents. I also hope Tom makes a true effort to bring talent to his club because I have seen some players that belong in a rec league. When I see those types of players, I know they are there for money. Lastly, get rid of some of the coaches that are not there for the right reasons. Good Luck FC.

Comment

Only a matter of time.
                  Dude go fill your pipe you seem to be tweakin

Comment

For example-

This is a very funny post! You do know that most of the kids playing at Red Bull and Weston DA have GPAs in the 2.0 range right? Several of the schools you mentioned will not even consider any of these players let alone accept them AND the very best are here as undocumented aliens which means that no College will take them either. Yes, the very best got developed in countries like Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. Not in a soccer backwater town like Weston. Don't know about FC Florida but I bet they have strong players with 3.5 and above GPAs that will go on to play anywhere they like to. Good luck making it into any pro team. Maybe a couple will play for an MLS team one day. The rest? Some will go back to their countries to play in a third or second division pro team in places like Honduras and El Salvador. Some will drop soccer and try to get an education and the rest will be cleaning our bathrooms.

Comment

Good for Tom. I know he has worked hard for those titles. I am not convinced that FC is worth while of this and I certainly don't think the club promotes a teaching environment. I also have my hesitations about this club representing a certain class because Tom has no control over the parents which set a bad example. I have been a referee for many of their games and the things I hear the parents say are terrible. I would like to see Tom create a set of standards for parents to follow and actually enforce them. I truly hope Tom and the rest of FC Florida do the right thing for this status. I hope it isn't just a money grab and to stroke the egos of certain parents. I also hope Tom makes a true effort to bring talent to his club because I have seen some players that belong in a rec league. When I see those types of players, I know they are there for money. Lastly, get rid of some of the coaches that are not there for the right reasons. Good Luck FC.
                      parents are headaches at every club. The problem is too much focus off the field and not on the field. You are a ref and you pay attention to what parents say? Good luck with that one. DA and ECNL should be worried about the talent on the field not the headaches on the sidelines.

Comment

FC does have some good teams in older age groups. I would like to know how they could get an academy status without any set designated fields beside up in Stuart? They rent fields in the old dump at Dyer Park, and rent fields that they share at Okeeheelee? Wellington would make the most sense from a fields standpoint and not too far for kids from st Lucie and Stuart.

Comment

FC does have some good teams in older age groups. I would like to know how they could get an academy status without any set designated fields beside up in Stuart? They rent fields in the old dump at Dyer Park, and rent fields that they share at Okeeheelee? Wellington would make the most sense from a fields standpoint and not too far for kids from st Lucie and Stuart.
                          you wanna talk about fields? BU has the 2nd worst fields behind Kendall and those 1974 turf fields.

Comment

This is a very funny post! You do know that most of the kids playing at Red Bull and Weston DA have GPAs in the 2.0 range right? Several of the schools you mentioned will not even consider any of these players let alone accept them AND the very best are here as undocumented aliens which means that no College will take them either. Yes, the very best got developed in countries like Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. Not in a soccer backwater town like Weston. Don't know about FC Florida but I bet they have strong players with 3.5 and above GPAs that will go on to play anywhere they like to. Good luck making it into any pro team. Maybe a couple will play for an MLS team one day. The rest? Some will go back to their countries to play in a third or second division pro team in places like Honduras and El Salvador. Some will drop soccer and try to get an education and the rest will be cleaning our bathrooms.
                            exactly what the ref in previous post said,arrogant fc florida parent here."cleanin our bathroom"great comment scumbag .maybe those kids will be running the country one day

Comment

For example-
                              So if your talking soccer prowess, why is Harvard the lead on your list and what's the slight on UNC and UCF's soccer programs. If it's not about soccer prowess, then what's the slight on West Point, UNC and Ohio State if you are in to big names. You probably you stop posting for awhile, gather your thoughts first.

Comment

No slight

So if your talking soccer prowess, why is Harvard the lead on your list and what's the slight on UNC and UCF's soccer programs. If it's not about soccer prowess, then what's the slight on West Point, UNC and Ohio State if you are in to big names. You probably you stop posting for awhile, gather your thoughts first.
                                Any athlete who transitions from a travel, DA or high school program into any of the listed programs - Harvard, Rollins, Maryland, West Point, UCF, FIU, Red Bull Senior...has accomplished a level of development that a very small percentage of those that have paid out $thousands in program, tournament and coaching fees every even sniff.

The point was that I am unaware of any players that FC Florida has actually developed (spent at least 3 yrs at club) that have gone on to have success at the programs that players from Weston and Red Bulls are experiencing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X