Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A clean slate works in theory not in reality. Top leagues teams are selected by performance of the team the prior year. FSPL finish top 16 in state cup. R3PL final 4 state cup. The points earned from the prior year help in seeding and getting a good bracket in top early season tournaments. Points do expire and if a team can not maintain it success it will drop off. There is a lag time but what is the solution if you are a good team that earns a lot of points should you be penalized each year by starting at zero. I do believe if a team has greater then 50% roster turnover they need to lose the points.
    You can seed without carrying over the points Your position on FSPL you are correct is based off your top 16 finish of State cup. you still get your position in state cup depending on your position in your league. these are not points. and as far as tournaments teams request what flight they want you can be gold silver or bronze. most team will be seeded correctly.

Comment

A clean slate works in theory not in reality. Top leagues teams are selected by performance of the team the prior year. FSPL finish top 16 in state cup. R3PL final 4 state cup. The points earned from the prior year help in seeding and getting a good bracket in top early season tournaments. Points do expire and if a team can not maintain it success it will drop off. There is a lag time but what is the solution if you are a good team that earns a lot of points should you be penalized each year by starting at zero. I do believe if a team has greater then 50% roster turnover they need to lose the points.
      This is a points guy.

Comment

The results of the Disney Junior Showcase for U12 show you how GotSoccer rankings are seriously flawed. The number 1 team is Florida Rush. Has been all year. They didn't even make it to the final but cannot lose the number one spot because of tournament points. In any other ranking system, college football, etc. if you lose to teams ranked lower than you, you drop in the rankings. Boynton Beach needs to be ranked much higher than they are but won't be because the points won't push then much higher. I would take them against any of these teams ranked in the top ten in Got Soccer.

Comment

The results of the Disney Junior Showcase for U12 show you how GotSoccer rankings are seriously flawed. The number 1 team is Florida Rush. Has been all year. They didn't even make it to the final but cannot lose the number one spot because of tournament points. In any other ranking system, college football, etc. if you lose to teams ranked lower than you, you drop in the rankings. Boynton Beach needs to be ranked much higher than they are but won't be because the points won't push then much higher. I would take them against any of these teams ranked in the top ten in Got Soccer.
          So then stop paying attention to the rankings and get a life instead.

Comment

no kidding. yet another reason why gs shouldn't even have points for younger teams - besides their flawed logic, it just provides more for parents to obsess over.

Comment

They haven't awarded the points for the tournament yet. I would guess they will get a boat load of points for there finish. (group was listed at over 5000 points) As far as teams losing points for losses, maybe that would be better but awarding bonus points for victory's over higher ranked teams does the same thing over time. Its not fair to say that a team ranked 1st who loses to a team ranked 100 should be re-ranked at 101. The more games that are played against more teams makes it more accurate. Not much you can do about it. As the age groups get older the more accurate they become.

I am a points guy but I take it with a grain of salt. It gives you an idea of how your team is progressing against the competition however I would not worry about specific ranking. If you are in the top 30 great. Top 15 super, Top 10 well there is a good bet you have a chance at beating anyone in your age group on any given day.

Obviously the more tournaments a team plays the more points they are going to have. Remember some leagues (South Florida) don't use gotsoccer so they will be under valued as well.

A better indicator of how you are doing will be Regions cup/Presidents cup and when you can State Cup. Finish top 4 in the state and you can call yourself a contender.

Comment

Really, worried about got soccer points for a U12 team. How are your kids grades? Where do they fall in comparison with their peers in school? Can they get an academic scholarship? Can they get into college?

Comment

I'm positive my life is much better than yours.

Comment

I'm positive my life is much better than yours.
                    I seriously doubt it, I am from Key Biscayne. Where are you from Yeehaw Junction?

Comment

I seriously doubt it, I am from Key Biscayne. Where are you from Yeehaw Junction?
                      You are from Key Biscayne and still in the fourth grade emotionally.

Comment

You are from Key Biscayne and still in the fourth grade emotionally.
                        You should feel privileged that I am even acknowledging you on this blog site. I usually do not give people like you the time of day. Let's just say I doubt we run in the same circles.

Comment

Your team got over 4000 points for one tournament and are up to 7th. Continue at this pace, win Regions Cup & Presidents Cup and you should get the numbers your looking for. Good luck.

Comment

Key Biscayne? We in Parkland laugh at your Key! I could fit your house in my pool's grotto.

Comment

This guy just pissed 10 feet 6 inches. Can anyone beat that?

Comment

Lots of coaches are points guys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X