Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a SHOWCASE, so the team effort truly means nothing!! The individual needs to preform. Apparently your boy did not.
    I agree. My son's team did not do well (0-2-1), but he was targeted by two coaches he did not even invite. A good individual performance can stand out even when the team result is not stellar.

Comment

Funny how some thought it was cold at CASL. The teams from the northeast were wearing short sleeve shirts and not thinking about it. You have to adjust. Just like you have to adjust to field conditions, poor refs or whatever else is taking place.

Lots of college coaches at the event, it was a good weekend at CASL.

I have to go back for the girls weekend and that is looking good too, and the list of clubs on the girls side are top level.

Comment

Funny how some thought it was cold at CASL. The teams from the northeast were wearing short sleeve shirts and not thinking about it. You have to adjust. Just like you have to adjust to field conditions, poor refs or whatever else is taking place.

Lots of college coaches at the event, it was a good weekend at CASL.

I have to go back for the girls weekend and that is looking good too, and the list of clubs on the girls side are top level.
        funny thing about this tourny is that our kids usually do believe it is cold... and watching the women's DI games this past weekend, saw many wearing long shirts and gloves... not atypical gear.. they want their hands warm. anyone thinking a cold player has an advantage is wrong. anyway, my point is our kids usually get a good group of coaches watching them.. and some leave with contacts, but my kid is only going for the team's benefit. my kid has no interest in playing in the north ever. but being able to play there, even if only for a few games during a tournament is important. in florida we get enough cold weather and play in the evenings to be able to prepare for it. stay warm and stay healthy.

Comment

Is anyone from FL expected to do well at CASL?

Comment

Is anyone from FL expected to do well at CASL?
            I think it's a little strange how casl has seeded the teams in u15. Concord fire ecnl starts out against the second casl team (b team)??? Why they even put there B team in that bracket? That will be a hammering.

Comment

I think it's a little strange how casl has seeded the teams in u15. Concord fire ecnl starts out against the second casl team (b team)??? Why they even put there B team in that bracket? That will be a hammering.
              Agreed. Their Red Ladies team is in 3rd/4th place in SRPL 1st division. They get 2nd bracket and Team Boca (1st/2nd) gets 5th bracket.
              Guess that's the privilege of hosting the tourn. They are a nice team but here's betting they get smoked - unless they drop down some players from the A team.

Comment

Agreed. Their Red Ladies team is in 3rd/4th place in SRPL 1st division. They get 2nd bracket and Team Boca (1st/2nd) gets 5th bracket.
                Guess that's the privilege of hosting the tourn. They are a nice team but here's betting they get smoked - unless they drop down some players from the A team.
                Yes seems like they favor the area teams and northern teams. I know most the teams in the top 3 brackets and am surprised that Concord fire is second teir.

Comment

JFC ECNL U15 should do well CASL. Two of the teams they play have not started their seasons yet since they are just coming off high school soccer. Having already played a fall season should give the team an advantage.

Comment

JFC ECNL U15 should do well CASL. Two of the teams they play have not started their seasons yet since they are just coming off high school soccer. Having already played a fall season should give the team an advantage.
                    Top 3 brackets at U15 dominated by ecnl. 11-1 impressive.

Comment

Top 3 brackets at U15 dominated by ecnl. 11-1 impressive.
                      OMG ecnl is so great.

Comment

OMG ecnl is so great.
                        Facts are difficult for some. Don't be a hater. Santa Claus is watching.

Comment

Facts are difficult for some. Don't be a hater. Santa Claus is watching.
                          ENCL is not playing CASL this year. Right on the CASL website. Weather is obnoxious this year though, as always. How about Duke over UF? awesome game. Love the second goal in literally the last second to seal it. Duke and Penn St. on Sunday. Should be a great game.

Comment

Disappointed after the first day. Played at crappy fields and only one college coach at the entire complex. Good competition but don't advertise what you don't deliver.

Comment

Disappointed after the first day. Played at crappy fields and only one college coach at the entire complex. Good competition but don't advertise what you don't deliver.
                              Top brackets get over 50 coaches. Coaches have limited time and choose to watch top teams i.e. Top players. I can't blame them.

Comment

You would think that they would know what time it gets dark when they write the schedule. Our game was cut short by 20 mins due to darkness. We started on time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X