X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please .... there was no bigger 3 v 3 homer than Ponte Vedra
    True. Ages ago, the PV Doc (no longer there) used to recruit players and teams through his summer 3v3 evening league. Remember the young Creeks team who won the Nationals 3v3 Championship and then the team went to play at PV but are back at Florida Elite now? Creeks would not let the recreation players be on the same team because the teams were randomly computer formed. Thus, the best Creeks recreation players came together and played 3v3 in addition to their rec teams under the name of Hammers. Regardless the team went on to win 5 National or Kick It championships at Disney it was the small sided practices and games that developed many of the players. Florida Elite is on the right track with the small sided leagues it is starting.

Comment

Please .... there was no bigger 3 v 3 homer than Ponte Vedra
      Ponte Vedra hosts the one day Saturday Dec. 12 3v3 challenge for $195 a team. I think Challenge Sports of someone does it at their fields. If it rains the fields will be a wash out in PV, and if it ends early the team won't get a refund. At least at FESA you know the club will reschedule for rain. Why would a team trying to get development through small sided games go to another venue? Keep the money at FESA and it will be able to continue to offer this great 5v5 league in the future. If a team really wanted to play in the PV one dayer it could ask Challenge Sports if it would work around the one 5v5 game time (they are published at FESA) when making its schedule. Or the 5v5 team could go on without the few players doing the 3v3 that one Saturday. Or the 5v5 team could forfeit one game in the FESA Winter Cup and not get any points for that game.

Comment

Ponte Vedra hosts the one day Saturday Dec. 12 3v3 challenge for $195 a team. I think Challenge Sports of someone does it at their fields. If it rains the fields will be a wash out in PV, and if it ends early the team won't get a refund. At least at FESA you know the club will reschedule for rain. Why would a team trying to get development through small sided games go to another venue? Keep the money at FESA and it will be able to continue to offer this great 5v5 league in the future. If a team really wanted to play in the PV one dayer it could ask Challenge Sports if it would work around the one 5v5 game time (they are published at FESA) when making its schedule. Or the 5v5 team could go on without the few players doing the 3v3 that one Saturday. Or the 5v5 team could forfeit one game in the FESA Winter Cup and not get any points for that game.
        I'd rather go to a place that actually seems organized.

Comment

I'd rather go to a place that actually seems organized.
          Challenge Sports is organized but it can only work with what is gets. If bad teams or few teams register, teams get placed in higher or with lower age groups. We've been out of luck at 3v3 tournaments many times with the quality. If you are referring to PV it is very disorganized as there is a small staff. PV makes some money but Not much due to overhead costs for the organization running it. Florida Elite 5V5 looks organized with the dates, times and rules published. If the Florida elite coaches are encouraging their players to try to form a few teams there will be lots of teams and fun.

Comment

The last few summers many of the high school aged boys participated in a Mandarin 7 v 7 league. It kept the skills sharp!

Comment

And resulted in several injuries -

Comment

Challenge Sports is organized but it can only work with what is gets. If bad teams or few teams register, teams get placed in higher or with lower age groups. We've been out of luck at 3v3 tournaments many times with the quality. If you are referring to PV it is very disorganized as there is a small staff. PV makes some money but Not much due to overhead costs for the organization running it. Florida Elite 5V5 looks organized with the dates, times and rules published. If the Florida elite coaches are encouraging their players to try to form a few teams there will be lots of teams and fun.
                Yes and all the stuff this fall "looked organized" but was a ****ing mess from the travel team to the rec program to the refs. But hey, they put cute phrases on their facebook page. Grab some friends, build a team, tear it up!!!!

Comment

Looks like ED will not get the job:

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015...ada-nasl-coach

Comment

Yes and all the stuff this fall "looked organized" but was a ****ing mess from the travel team to the rec program to the refs. But hey, they put cute phrases on their facebook page. Grab some friends, build a team, tear it up!!!!
                    To you who may be a face book looker, a PVer posting back, or a Florida Eliter, try giving details or suggestions on what might work better. I like howFlorida Elite is offering an innovative 5V5 Winter Cup league for all of its players in the off season. One of the coaches organizing it is KA who used to be a director at PV, and he knows how to organize small sided tournaments.

Comment

He is poison good luck with that. Ask some of your JYSC 18s how great he is. They were at PV and he ran them off.

Comment

PV does not have enough players in an age group to have enough teams for a 5v5 league. Can we come play at FESA?

Comment

KA was hired by SB to bring PV players. That well will dry up in another year and KA will be fired.

Comment

Looks like ED will not get the job:

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015...ada-nasl-coach
                            Old news. JFC people knew wasn't going to be the head coach 2 weeks ago and Tony Meola and Mile Petka were the finalist for the job. Tony won the job. Congrats Tony!!

Comment

To you who may be a face book looker, a PVer posting back, or a Florida Eliter, try giving details or suggestions on what might work better. I like howFlorida Elite is offering an innovative 5V5 Winter Cup league for all of its players in the off season. One of the coaches organizing it is KA who used to be a director at PV, and he knows how to organize small sided tournaments.
                              I'm a FESA person and I played with Kevin on an adult league team a few years back. He's a decent lad but I'm a shut up and show me guy. But lets all wear our volt and LIGHT IT UP!! Gayer than Wales.

Comment

I'm a FESA person and I played with Kevin on an adult league team a few years back. He's a decent lad but I'm a shut up and show me guy. But lets all wear our volt and LIGHT IT UP!! Gayer than Wales.
                                Jealous he was getting the ladies' attention. And the pv players are following him to FESA.

Comment

Working...
                                X