Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls HS needs 4 divisions

While looking at some of the scores in all 3 division I realized the need for RIIL to go back to 4 divisions. Take a few teams from D1 and top D2 teams to form D2, move up top 4 D3 with remaining D2 and allow bottom 8 teams to play in D4. 12-0 15-0 is not helping either team. It will lower the amount of total game and balance the division, no more 3 games a week and fewer 8-1 games.

When girls score 30 goals in 5 games there is a problem.

Comment

Agreed! Look at bottom 4 teams in each division. Poor Mt pleasant 1 goal scored and 37 against in 4 games, how does that coach keep girls showing up for games. Something needs to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Agreed! Look at bottom 4 teams in each division. Poor Mt pleasant 1 goal scored and 37 against in 4 games, how does that coach keep girls showing up for games. Something needs to be done.
        I know the coach. Collecting a check is pretty much he cares about. Sad state of urban School Soccer. The coaches are poor at best (excluding CHS boys coach).

Comment

The RIIL could care less. Terrible governing body.

Comment

The RIIL could care less. Terrible governing body.
            Goodness..there is no place for common sense or keeping the focus of student-athletes on the student side - for the PCOA/RIIL, student only comes first in the name...even more so in the secondary sports.

Comment

the couple of high goal scorers are no doubt talented, but would obviously be kept in check if they played in a real division. the bigger problem is the coaches who allow that. what kind of a person allows one kid to be involved in all 10 goals of 10-0 beating? that is disturbing.

Comment

the couple of high goal scorers are no doubt talented, but would obviously be kept in check if they played in a real division. the bigger problem is the coaches who allow that. what kind of a person allows one kid to be involved in all 10 goals of 10-0 beating? that is disturbing.
                Padding the stats.

Comment

Padding the stats.
                  Classless town. When they announce how many goals she has in her career during a game, you knwo you are dealing with nitwits.

Comment

Same one who would hang 13 on one of the bottom teams in the state..and of course keep padding the stats in the second half..

4 divisions..and make a few of the sandbagging schools have competition? You'd think the schools that know they're going to be the sacrificial lambs would push harder for common sense..

Comment

is this done to garner votes for all state? i am not saying this is the case here, but it is unfortunate that the best kid in the state could potentially be stuck in the worst division and never get recognition.

Comment

is this done to garner votes for all state? i am not saying this is the case here, but it is unfortunate that the best kid in the state could potentially be stuck in the worst division and never get recognition.
                        There is always 1 girl from D2 that make All-State Team. Tough to say if this is the best kid, speaking from experience there is a huge difference in D1 & D2. Having watched both thru the years this is what I noticed. D2 elevates best and fastest player on the team to offensive positions, D1 seems to load up their back lines with 3-4 quality players. D2 teams will hide their weaker players back on the wing, D1 teams will hide their weaker players up top. I have no way of knowing, but I don't think this girl from JHS isn't scoring 20+ in D1.

What was the best MKM or JR did in a season of 16 games?

Comment

with typically larger pools (other than perennial small town power like portsmouth) to draw from d1 schools can field deeper teams where you may actually get 11 fairly solid players. this allows them to have a more tactical game, whereas d2 does not have the same depth, and unfortunately reverts to a handful of good kids accompanied by a balance of fairly athletic but unskilled others. but, lets not kid ourselves into thinking that most of the kids on d1 teams are necessarily better than the top 3-4 on a good d2 team simply because their school size dictates they are "d1 caliber". without question, and following the law of averages, the top couple kids of the top d2 teams could find a starting spot on most d1 teams as well.

Comment

How do kids get named to all state or projo? Is it based on sports writers, or opposing coaches, or simply who their own coaches want to nominate? All division must be based on their own coaches since over 50 kids made each division list, with multiple from each team. (Chances are if you go 1-15 you do not have multiple all division kids!!!!)

Comment

I agree with the previous post (#13 i think), that top players could certainly fit in. My child plays d1, but some of her peers on premier are in lower RI divisions but could easily be a boost to our team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X