Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So let me help you figure this out - first, it ain't cheap to go st joes, so stop with the pitty party, and second, st joes can and does recruit from Westport and other affluent towns! For starters, they are located right in Trumbull. Not exactly a poor town.

Different ball game completely. Any school that can "draw" from many towns should play similar schools, especially when it comes to state playoffs. It simply is not a level field when they play town schools that are limited to the pool of girls in that town.

Except when you play even wealthier towns with large student pools and loads of club players. If StJ was playing in NW or NE CT your argument might hold water. But they don't.

Parent of a StJ competitor

Comment

St Joe's controlled the midfield most of the first half. They were missing a key central midfielder due to injury sustained in the first half; she did not play in the second half. That was the difference in the second half.
      There is only one midfielder on St. Joe's worthy of mention, JM. Unless it was her, don't mention someone being injured to support your position.

Comment

So let me help you figure this out - first, it ain't cheap to go st joes, so stop with the pitty party, and second, st joes can and does recruit from Westport and other affluent towns! For starters, they are located right in Trumbull. Not exactly a poor town.

Different ball game completely. Any school that can "draw" from many towns should play similar schools, especially when it comes to state playoffs. It simply is not a level field when they play town schools that are limited to the pool of girls in that town.
        Same chit different year
        Let the whinning begin- they just won the toughest conference in the state playing 4 freshmen
        Surely your 18 year old isnt scared of 14 year olds

Comment

There is only one midfielder on St. Joe's worthy of mention, JM. Unless it was her, don't mention someone being injured to support your position.
          JM didnt make Your best player invisible it was another midfielder thats not worth mentioning, ahole

Comment

Except when you play even wealthier towns with large student pools and loads of club players. If StJ was playing in NW or NE CT your argument might hold water. But they don't.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Look at state championships year to year: Immaculate, ND Fairfield, St. Joes and on and on. There should be a parochial school division for all sports once state playoffs start.

Comment

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Look at state championships year to year: Immaculate, ND Fairfield, St. Joes and on and on. There should be a parochial school division for all sports once state playoffs start.

Especiall when you have some small towns playing in brackets with those teams. Immaculate is in M and NDF was M until this year. At least Saint Joes is not playing against the small schools/towns.

Comment

Imac plays below their pay grade in M they should move to L if only for some real comp
                ND just moved up to L from M after 2 really good years ( they had previously stunk forever)
                ST js has won LL got moved down during Glastos big run
                if they make the finals this year they will again move to LL
                2 of these schools are M schools with Imac being an S school

Comment

The town comparison is invalid in relation to schools that "draw", because they draw from some of those "wealthier" towns. They have no geographic boundary.

If you were comparing Trumbull to New Canaan or Darien, your whining may be appropriate, but Trumbull has a proud tradition of excelling in sports, particularly girls high school soccer.

Same issue exits in all of CT. Hard to believe, I know, but there are wealthy towns outside of Fairfield County.

Comment

JM didnt make Your best player invisible it was another midfielder thats not worth mentioning, ahole
                    Freshman Staples midfielder dominated St. Joe's Freshman midfielder in both games, not even close.

Comment

Good luck in states Staples parent!! Your team had a great season!! Hope you do better in the FCIAC next year.

Comment

If you have the opportunity to play for stj, imm or ND you would
                        Jump on that right way, if your in the area question will be why wouldn't you.
                        Those coaches get you to the next level Peroid. You pay all of this money
                        For club then you go off to HS and take 3 steps backwards. Going to a power house school year in and year out only make sense.

ND Parent

Comment

If you have the opportunity to play for stj, imm or ND you would
                          Jump on that right way, if your in the area question will be why wouldn't you.
                          Those coaches get you to the next level Peroid. You pay all of this money
                          For club then you go off to HS and take 3 steps backwards. Going to a power house school year in and year out only make sense.

ND Parent
                          You do realize that HS soccer is meaningless right? Some the top players in CT that have very bright collegiate futures ahead of them are buried on HS teams that are barely above .500. They won't have a chance to play for a title but their college bill will be significantly less than most.

If we are being realistic, the Catholic schools in most instance are academically inferior to most of the public schools in their area. You think Westport kids need to attend SJ for soccer?

As a prior poster eluded to, the private schools recruit players. Let me cherry pick a few local club kids and I'll guarantee that I can win 11 or 12 HS games

Comment

The town comparison is invalid in relation to schools that "draw", because they draw from some of those "wealthier" towns. They have no geographic boundary.

If you were comparing Trumbull to New Canaan or Darien, your whining may be appropriate, but Trumbull has a proud tradition of excelling in sports, particularly girls high school soccer.

Same issue exits in all of CT. Hard to believe, I know, but there are wealthy towns outside of Fairfield County.
                            I was with you until you said Trumbull has a proud tradition of excelling in sports, particularly soccer. You must have had a hs kid in the early 90s.

Comment

Good luck in states Staples parent!! Your team had a great season!! Hope you do better in the FCIAC next year.
                              That's nice St. Joe's parent. Didn't your team lose the past 2 out of 3 years? You are a classless douche bag. You must be friends with the Wilton choker dad.

Comment

Again good luck in States!! I hope your team wins something but I think you will get bounced before semifinals. St Joe's won 2 state championship the last 2 years. By the way, St Joe's football also destroyed Staples football today. You must be having a bad weekend!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X