Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revs clinics?

Are these worth the time? Have a u12 and there seems to by myriad choices for getting extra touches out there. Just wondered if anyone had ventured to Foxboro or other locations and what they thought of the coaching from the Revs

Depends on who is coaching the age group. My D has been doing RDS for a few years and she loves FR. He tends to coach the older kids, U13/14's. My son is younger and it's always a toss up who you get. He has had good luck with AR out of WWIS in RI.

Something to keep in mind, the RDS for the winter and maybe spring as well will be invite/tryout only. Not open to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Depends on who is coaching the age group. My D has been doing RDS for a few years and she loves FR. He tends to coach the older kids, U13/14's. My son is younger and it's always a toss up who you get. He has had good luck with AR out of WWIS in RI.

Something to keep in mind, the RDS for the winter and maybe spring as well will be invite/tryout only. Not open to the general public.

If your son/daughter owns a pair of cleats, you'll get an invite. Remember, these RDS clinics serve one purpose; revenue.

Comment

If your son/daughter owns a pair of cleats, you'll get an invite. Remember, these RDS clinics serve one purpose; revenue.
        I would say revenue is secondary to compiling a list of player profiles for their Academy. Every player who participates is evaluated and profiled internally. Those that are found to have talent get invited to other, more selective training opportunities and so on. It is a more grass roots pipeline than the DA/Club partnerships, which has economic limitations. It also allows them to go outside MA into CT and other areas to expand their search for players.

Comment

I would say revenue is secondary to compiling a list of player profiles for their Academy. Every player who participates is evaluated and profiled internally. Those that are found to have talent get invited to other, more selective training opportunities and so on. It is a more grass roots pipeline than the DA/Club partnerships, which has economic limitations. It also allows them to go outside MA into CT and other areas to expand their search for players.
          What a romantic idea. No players at their RDS clinics get close to their Academy.

Academy players are found from looking at Bolts, Seacoast, GPS, NEFC games etc.

These same players are playing at NPL level at younger ages, and would not even look at RDS clinics.

Comment

What a romantic idea. No players at their RDS clinics get close to their Academy.

Academy players are found from looking at Bolts, Seacoast, GPS, NEFC games etc.

These same players are playing at NPL level at younger ages, and would not even look at RDS clinics.
            Yep..finding the diamond in the rough is an extra possibility..but revenue, revenue, revenue..Seriously, a u12 player..save the money, find a good local trainer so you get personalized attention..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X