Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The players will police each other more.
    jealous teammates on the same team maybe, but my money is on parents and clubs. Adults are the least likely to act like they're adults.

Comment

jealous teammates on the same team maybe, but my money is on parents and clubs. Adults are the least likely to act like they're adults.
      No need to worry if you just stick to the rules?

Comment

No need to worry if you just stick to the rules?
        Great quote!! Can someone tell me why the DA girls have to play High School? They are playing at the highest level now being watched by all the colleges. Taking away recognition from a player who never played club ball or on a rec team but made the HS Soccer team. Yes the DA girls are good but do they have to have it all. How embarrassing that they steal the game from others for no beneficial gain to their career. But to steal from others the time on the field. Such a disgrace.

Comment

Great quote!! Can someone tell me why the DA girls have to play High School? They are playing at the highest level now being watched by all the colleges. Taking away recognition from a player who never played club ball or on a rec team but made the HS Soccer team. Yes the DA girls are good but do they have to have it all. How embarrassing that they steal the game from others for no beneficial gain to their career. But to steal from others the time on the field. Such a disgrace.
          Much of the blame lies with the parents who allow or even encourage rule breaking. I understand the emotional appeal of wanting to play (for some, not all) but in life you have to make tough choices. Shame on any parent who is allowing it. Having clubs and even USSF vacillate on the HS issue compounds it. They're sending mixed messages. But the rules in doing both AT THE SAME TIME are very clear.

Comment

Much of the blame lies with the parents who allow or even encourage rule breaking. I understand the emotional appeal of wanting to play (for some, not all) but in life you have to make tough choices. Shame on any parent who is allowing it. Having clubs and even USSF vacillate on the HS issue compounds it. They're sending mixed messages. But the rules in doing both AT THE SAME TIME are very clear.
            Exactly and you hear the player who says DA and the high school are working with me and I'll go onto the high school roster late after the DA showcase. But then if a player misses too many high school games they are not allowed to play in the high school playoffs and championships under HS state rules. There is no way to do both and have the best of both worlds.

Comment

Exactly and you hear the player who says DA and the high school are working with me and I'll go onto the high school roster late after the DA showcase. But then if a player misses too many high school games they are not allowed to play in the high school playoffs and championships under HS state rules. There is no way to do both and have the best of both worlds.
              It appears USSF has drastically underestimated the appeal of High School soccer. Like I've been saying on the GDA-related threads for over a year now. The drama we are seeing on this thread will be multiplied across the entire country as the HS seasons play out.

When GDA fails to meet its stated goal of improving youth soccer (and its unstated goal of destroying ECNL), people will point to the no-HS rule as one of the biggest reasons for those failures.

Comment

It appears USSF has drastically underestimated the appeal of High School soccer. Like I've been saying on the GDA-related threads for over a year now. The drama we are seeing on this thread will be multiplied across the entire country as the HS seasons play out.

When GDA fails to meet its stated goal of improving youth soccer (and its unstated goal of destroying ECNL), people will point to the no-HS rule as one of the biggest reasons for those failures.
                GDA is not to improve youth soccer but to improve the top 5% of players and the future of the national teams. Four days of DA practices with top licensed coaches and higher level games will develop players more than high school practices and games. But for everyone else stick to high school and a top league like ECNL.

Comment

GDA is not to improve youth soccer but to improve the top 5% of players and the future of the national teams. Four days of DA practices with top licensed coaches and higher level games will develop players more than high school practices and games. But for everyone else stick to high school and a top league like ECNL.
                  The top five percent?? I guess USSF has to say that to justify so many GDA clubs (can you say money grab?) but the fact is there are only 7 youth national teams with an average of 24 players on the roster. Adding the USWNT gives you 192 NT roster slots for over 3 million youth soccer players. That's less than 0.01% of the player pool.

All this money, all this attention, all this drama to benefit less than one-hundredth of one percent of the youth soccer population. And you wonder why so many are predicting the demise of GDA.

Comment

Which is stupid since you should be doing DA for the showcases! Unless you're already recruited, in which case why break the rules to do DA at all,why not just do HS and ECNL?

Clubs better start checking on this issue as there could be repercussions for them. Adults in this situation - HS and club coaches + parents - are teaching kids "do what's best for you, screw the rules, your teammates are losers for not doing the same."

Comment

The top five percent?? I guess USSF has to say that to justify so many GDA clubs (can you say money grab?) but the fact is there are only 7 youth national teams with an average of 24 players on the roster. Adding the USWNT gives you 192 NT roster slots for over 3 million youth soccer players. That's less than 0.01% of the player pool.

All this money, all this attention, all this drama to benefit less than one-hundredth of one percent of the youth soccer population. And you wonder why so many are predicting the demise of GDA.
                      Same can be said about the calendar age change - change it all for the top fraction of a percentile that will benefit from it. Many GDA rosters seem to have less than handful of "top" players on them (and I mean just top in general, not just NT level players since there's so few of them), the rest filled with weaker players who were either NPL or not getting PT in ECNL or even in HS. Club wise there's a few excellent ones then a lot of "We'll take whoever we can get in key geographic locations." That will not make for a better league nor will it provide the environment for those "top" players to thrive

Comment

The Federation doesn't get it. There are only a few hundred players in the country that should train for National Team opportunities. It's sad that many others will miss a High School team experience they would have cherished all their lives.

Comment

Same can be said about the calendar age change - change it all for the top fraction of a percentile that will benefit from it. Many GDA rosters seem to have less than handful of "top" players on them (and I mean just top in general, not just NT level players since there's so few of them), the rest filled with weaker players who were either NPL or not getting PT in ECNL or even in HS. Club wise there's a few excellent ones then a lot of "We'll take whoever we can get in key geographic locations." That will not make for a better league nor will it provide the environment for those "top" players to thrive
                          1st half of your comment made sense and seemed valid to the discussion. The second half smells of sour grapes. "no PT n ECNL or even H.S"? Throwing in HS PT as gauge of anything related to club, ECNL or DA renders your comment suspect at best and most likely agenda tainted.

Comment

1st half of your comment made sense and seemed valid to the discussion. The second half smells of sour grapes. "no PT n ECNL or even H.S"? Throwing in HS PT as gauge of anything related to club, ECNL or DA renders your comment suspect at best and most likely agenda tainted.
                            If you weren't get much PT in ECNL or even HS you shouldn't be in DA. DA is supposed to be for the studs, not the bench warmers

Comment

The Federation doesn't get it. There are only a few hundred players in the country that should train for National Team opportunities. It's sad that many others will miss a High School team experience they would have cherished all their lives.
                              Who cherishes HS soccer? The mothers and fathers that want to see their little baby be the star on the HS team. The trickle down the leg after seeing them touch the ball. They won"t cherish crap. Get over little DA Suzy playing HS and stop breaking the rules. DA girls do not need to be playing HS. I still think the girls that do not play DA should ban together and walk away from tryouts and see how many DA girls that are standing there to make a team. DA girls are acting like the million dollar one leggier in the NFL that think they run the show. Well to stop that **** fans are not going to games. Kind of like voting against the criminal in our government.

Comment

Who cherishes HS soccer? The mothers and fathers that want to see their little baby be the star on the HS team. The trickle down the leg after seeing them touch the ball. They won"t cherish crap. Get over little DA Suzy playing HS and stop breaking the rules. DA girls do not need to be playing HS. I still think the girls that do not play DA should ban together and walk away from tryouts and see how many DA girls that are standing there to make a team. DA girls are acting like the million dollar one leggier in the NFL that think they run the show. Well to stop that **** fans are not going to games. Kind of like voting against the criminal in our government.
                                Let me guess - you don't have a daughter, right? And you apparently can't bother to proofread because your sentence that starts with "I still think that . . ." makes no sense at all.

Your attitude mirrors that of USSF. You are as clueless as they are. I stand by my statement that the HS ban will be one of the main reasons GDA fails to meet its stated and unstated goals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X