Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If u are offered one of the 24-30 spots on GDA and you agree to sign on... after 2-3 months of just training , your girl decides to change her mind, I wonder if you can "downgrade" and just play on the NPL etc teams?
    If you have these doubts you shouldn't sign up in the first place.

It will take many years for GDA to overtake other options as the preferred path for soccer development, if it even survives that long. Consider pros and cons very carefully before jumping in. U15 and above should probably stay away rather than risk their prime recruiting years on an unproven program.

Comment

If you have these doubts you shouldn't sign up in the first place.

It will take many years for GDA to overtake other options as the preferred path for soccer development, if it even survives that long. Consider pros and cons very carefully before jumping in. U15 and above should probably stay away rather than risk their prime recruiting years on an unproven program.
      Good observation that I agree with. GDA is unproven. Counterpoint for players in south florida, the current landscape is such a hot mess that it is unclear which direction is the best option: GDA, NPL, FSPL, with the occasional SPL thrown in. With no ECNL in the area, it is unknown what leagues from south florida, if any, out of the area college coaches will watch. Of course if there is a rock star, that player will be found. I am referencing the other 99% of good players that can compete at a college level, but may have limited exposure because of the organizational mess of next year. Will those players need to focus on ID camps? Maybe getting a discovery player spot on an ECNL team in Orlando or Tampa?

Any thoughts?

Comment

Good observation that I agree with. GDA is unproven. Counterpoint for players in south florida, the current landscape is such a hot mess that it is unclear which direction is the best option: GDA, NPL, FSPL, with the occasional SPL thrown in. With no ECNL in the area, it is unknown what leagues from south florida, if any, out of the area college coaches will watch. Of course if there is a rock star, that player will be found. I am referencing the other 99% of good players that can compete at a college level, but may have limited exposure because of the organizational mess of next year. Will those players need to focus on ID camps? Maybe getting a discovery player spot on an ECNL team in Orlando or Tampa?

Any thoughts?
        Per NCAA stats: 98% of the soccer D1 scholarships "full ride" are going to DA players.
        Hate all you want. Go play your "HS" soccer and live in LaLa land. HS soccer is joke.

http://scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html

Comment

Per NCAA stats: 98% of the soccer D1 scholarships "full ride" are going to DA players.
          Hate all you want. Go play your "HS" soccer and live in LaLa land. HS soccer is joke.

Dumb ass. GDA has not even played game 1, so how can 98% of scholarships go to those players? You are referencing statistics for mens college soccer with a DA program that has been in existence for 10 years. Irrelevant to the conversation. Furthermore, "full ride" soccer scholarships for women are not the norm. This is widely known. The vast majority of teams share the athletic scholarship money.

Who is living in LaLa Land? You can go sit at the kids table now.

Comment

no one is hating , DA for boys has been around for quite a while , GDA is new! Back to the same conversation being, is it worth giving everything up, school, other sports, friends to train 4 days a week with very limited games (if you even start) for a potential payoff that may amount to some sort of financial aid that wont cover everything????

Comment

Are you from USSF? Your completely misunderstand what girl soccer players want, just like the federation. You drastically underestimate the appeal of high school soccer, and assume girls want the same thing as boys.

Then you quote meaningless statistics to back up a losing argument. If the Federation is as ignorant and misguided as you are (all evidence points to that being true) then GDA will be even more of a miserable failure than even the harshest critics predict.

Comment

no one is hating , DA for boys has been around for quite a while , GDA is new! Back to the same conversation being, is it worth giving everything up, school, other sports, friends to train 4 days a week with very limited games (if you even start) for a potential payoff that may amount to some sort of financial aid that wont cover everything????
                The simple answer is NO for virtually all female youth soccer players. USSF will continue to deny this truth until reality hits in a few short months.

Comment

Number one option next year in South Florida

This is the only stat that you need to know-

http://www.sunrisesoccer.net/current...sc-commitments

All of the girls on the above list played High School soccer if they wanted to.
                  No club in South Florida can even touch this list.

Comment

Do you rub your hard co*k after posting this? Or do you just stare at it?

Congrats to Sunrise. Now would you like to participate in the conversation or post more links? There is absolutely no way that Sunrise could take any more players on their roster. You already do not have enough field space.

Comment

. . .
                      Congrats to Sunrise. Now would you like to participate in the conversation or post more links? There is absolutely no way that Sunrise could take any more players on their roster. You already do not have enough field space.
                      Wow, your raging jealousy couldn't be more obvious.

Here's my advice to those of you actually considering which South Florida club to join (as opposed to most of the posters here just pushing their own agendas):
                      - If your kid can make a Sunrise team, go there. No high school restrictions and good track record of development and getting kids into college programs
                      - Next best choice is Team Boca, based on track record of college commits
                      - If not Sunrise or TB, pick any club with an FSPL or NPL team with a coach you respect and where your kid can make an impact
                      - Stay away from GDA unless you're U14 or below. Even then stay away unless your kid is one of the starting 11
                      - Don't believe anything negative said about any club. Do your own research and make your own decision

I'm not even from South Florida so I don't have an agenda. Just my observation after many years of following Florida youth soccer.

Comment

Wow, your raging jealousy couldn't be more obvious.

Here's my advice to those of you actually considering which South Florida club to join (as opposed to most of the posters here just pushing their own agendas):
                        - If your kid can make a Sunrise team, go there. No high school restrictions and good track record of development and getting kids into college programs
                        - Next best choice is Team Boca, based on track record of college commits
                        - If not Sunrise or TB, pick any club with an FSPL or NPL team with a coach you respect and where your kid can make an impact
                        - Stay away from GDA unless you're U14 or below. Even then stay away unless your kid is one of the starting 11
                        - Don't believe anything negative said about any club. Do your own research and make your own decision

I'm not even from South Florida so I don't have an agenda. Just my observation after many years of following Florida youth soccer.
                        Your last sentence confirmed your idiocy. Sunrise? Yes. Team Boca? Hilarious. Two opposite ends of the spectrum. Sunrise plays in competitive leagues and gets their players recruited to top soccer programs. Definitely a good choice. Team Boca plays in rec level leagues and gets their players 'placed' at schools the players were already accepted to for academics. Did you see their signing day posts? Nearly all D3 schools. D3 doesn't even use the letter of intent option. Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Sunrise has a proven track record with success, there is no denying that. The list of college signees is impressive and they should be proud. My daughter loves high school soccer, and is not ready to give that up. The biggest problem is the lack of options in south Florida. We would gladly move to Sunrise, but those teams are pretty much set. Weston and Boca aren't options with DA and high school. What other options are out there?

Comment

Your last sentence confirmed your idiocy. Sunrise? Yes. Team Boca? Hilarious. Two opposite ends of the spectrum. Sunrise plays in competitive leagues and gets their players recruited to top soccer programs. Definitely a good choice. Team Boca plays in rec level leagues and gets their players 'placed' at schools the players were already accepted to for academics. Did you see their signing day posts? Nearly all D3 schools. D3 doesn't even use the letter of intent option. Smoke and mirrors.
                            Team Boca is a rec club. Cracks me up that Bill and his minions try to lump themselves with Sunrise. Boca United is twice the club that Team Boca is. The mass exodus from Team Boca is coming, Billy.

Comment

Any thoughts?
                              That is the dilemma. Aside from Sunrise, what other options are there? And those spots are much harder to crack than the DA teams. My daughter is a solid D1 player, and receiving interest, what do we do? Weston and BU are out as she is unwilling to give up HS ball. I have respectfully told both clubs that shes not ready to give up HS and they said it wasn't an issue, but I know that's not true.

What does that leave?

Comment

I invite the followers of this thread to do their own research and judge whether your post is driven by facts or by an obvious agenda.

I see at least four D1 schools on the 2016 Team Boca commit list. One might conclude that a person pontificating with statements that are easily proven false is the true idiot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X