Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

League Bragging

Bring it. Bring your wins, losses, and discussion of league play. ECNL, NPL, EDP, CCSL, CJSA, all of it. Brag about your teams success and the success of CT soccer.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bring it. Bring your wins, losses, and discussion of league play. ECNL, NPL, EDP, CCSL, CJSA, all of it. Brag about your teams success and the success of CT soccer.
    cjsa team, very successful team and club. I know it's considered bad soccer but my kids like it and it's fun to watch.

Comment

cjsa team, very successful team and club. I know it's considered bad soccer but my kids like it and it's fun to watch.
      What I love about CJSA soccer, be it rec or travel, is how hard the coach works to plan the season, tournaments, and a training schedule. The coach is personally invested, often because he has a kid on the team, and it shows. The interest and dedication of the coach is contagious, and for that brief period of time before premier gets in the way, things are very good.

Comment

What I love about CJSA soccer, be it rec or travel, is how hard the coach works to plan the season, tournaments, and a training schedule. The coach is personally invested, often because he has a kid on the team, and it shows. The interest and dedication of the coach is contagious, and for that brief period of time before premier gets in the way, things are very good.
        I like the neighborhood teams and favoritism that the coaches in our town show for their own kids and their friends.

Comment

I like the neighborhood teams and favoritism that the coaches in our town show for their own kids and their friends.
          what town? our cjsa program is very good.

Comment

I dunno. The coaches I saw were always painfully aware of favoritism and made sure not to give their own kids a majority of time, even if the kid was a stud. For league play and indoor, the coaches I ran into always gave at least 25% to all players, and 50% to most. Starters were rotated, also.

Comment

Ours has great coaches, too. But, I can see how some coaches in some programs could be azzhats and give their kids unearned playing time. Like EB at OW, for example.

Comment

Ours has great coaches, too. But, I can see how some coaches in some programs could be azzhats and give their kids unearned playing time. Like EB at OW, for example.
                Except for the fact that he doesn't coach his daughter. Nice try though. EB must've really tooled on you when he was playing, cause you certainly have a grudge there. Don't worry, maybe someday you will sit down with him and have a few laughs about how he used to school you on the field.

Comment

Except for the fact that he doesn't coach his daughter. Nice try though. EB must've really tooled on you when he was playing, cause you certainly have a grudge there. Don't worry, maybe someday you will sit down with him and have a few laughs about how he used to school you on the field.
                  EB can't school anybody on the field. Not only is he incapable of developing players or somehow translating his own soccer successes into skills his players can use, but he is not capable of solving team problems during a match at game speed. I've seen this guy outcoached by travel soccer coaches. He's just not good. Glad to hear that OW has stopped him from coaching his own kid, though. Well done to OW for recognizing this problem and fixing it.

Comment

Let me just say CJSA sux. That's all

Comment

if you have a decent CJSA town team you should be able to mop up most clubs. I watched the girls state cup final last year - good lord. The stonington sharks are terrible and they won it all.

Comment

The U11 CJSA Connecticut Cup is fantastic. It goes to pot after that, but the team that wins that year is legitimate.

Comment

if you have a decent CJSA town team you should be able to mop up most clubs. I watched the girls state cup final last year - good lord. The stonington sharks are terrible and they won it all.
                          We did. OW only indoor, but they never played us outdoors.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X