Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ALL of them, all the way back to the beginnings of civilization.
    You are an idiot. WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam war, American Civil War, American Revolution, Russo Japanese War, Sino Soviet War, Napoleonic wars et. al. were not caused mainly by 'religion'. Nationalism, militarism, imperialism, alliances, borders, resources etc. cause more war.

Comment

Why don't you go mention your scripture in public some where other than a forum about a gay couple if it not concerning said couple
      I fully understand that this may cause your eyes to roll right out of your head, but the reason I as a Christian post within such a thread is that I am called to. Again, you may hurl dinner, but would give advice to someone, even if you didn't know or care for them, if the advice could be life saving? That''s what I am doing. And I only speak for myself. I have tried to keep my posts informational and non-inflammatory.

If you think Christ may have existed, don't you think it may be a good idea to read what he had to say?

All the best.

Comment

I fully understand that this may cause your eyes to roll right out of your head, but the reason I as a Christian post within such a thread is that I am called to. Again, you may hurl dinner, but would give advice to someone, even if you didn't know or care for them, if the advice could be life saving? That''s what I am doing. And I only speak for myself. I have tried to keep my posts informational and non-inflammatory.

If you think Christ may have existed, don't you think it may be a good idea to read what he had to say?

All the best.
        Wambauch looks a little like milo yiannopolous.

Comment

Putting aside that religion has been at the root of almost every major war and is central to our current very fragile times, sin usually is considered a function of behavior. What one is born as generally doesn't qualify. One's sexuality is no different than being born male or female, white or black, with Downs Syndrome or without. Are we to believe that persons born homosexual are supposed to live as heterosexual, which is entirely apart from legitimate questions about whether individuals should be able to choose what they do as long as no one else is being fundamentally harmed?
          Wait... now I have heard it all. Being gay is now in the same plight as being born with Down syndrome? Sorry but that is disgraceful to people who have Down syndrome

Comment

Wait... now I have heard it all. Being gay is now in the same plight as being born with Down syndrome? Sorry but that is disgraceful to people who have Down syndrome
            No, it's about you are who you are. And implying intrinsic sinfulness is bizarre.

Comment

You are an idiot. WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam war, American Civil War, American Revolution, Russo Japanese War, Sino Soviet War, Napoleonic wars et. al. were not caused mainly by 'religion'. Nationalism, militarism, imperialism, alliances, borders, resources etc. cause more war.
              All forms of religiosity as well.

Comment

No, it's about you are who you are. And implying intrinsic sinfulness is bizarre.
                Sorry, still doesn't resonate. One group suffers from a disability. The others suffers from people not understanding/approving their choice of lifestyle. Not comparable sorry. Try again.

Comment

Yes they are so tolerant....

“ Wiggins, a four-time All-American at Stanford, asserts she was targeted for harassment from the time she was drafted by Minnesota because she is heterosexual and a nationally popular figure, of whom many other players were jealous.

“ “Me being heterosexual and straight, and being vocal in my identity as a straight woman was huge,” Wiggins said. “I would say 98 percent of the women in the WNBA are gay women. It was a conformist type of place. There was a whole different set of rules they (the other players) could apply. […]

“ “People were deliberately trying to hurt me all of the time. I had never been called the B-word so many times in my life than I was in my rookie season. I’d never been thrown to the ground so much. The message was: ‘We want you to know we don’t like you.’” […]

“ “It comes to a point where you get compared so much to the men, you come to mirror the men,’ she said. “So many people think you have to look like a man, play like a man to get respect. I was the opposite. I was proud to a be a woman, and it didn’t fit well in that culture.”

Comment

Sorry, still doesn't resonate. One group suffers from a disability. The others suffers from people not understanding/approving their choice of lifestyle. Not comparable sorry. Try again.
                    You keep missing the point, which is not about who has suffered more, but rather how sinfulness could be attached to simply how someone is born. In most instances people are born into a sexuality as much as born into anything else. You don't choose to be born homosexual or with a congenital heart problem.

Comment

Yes they are so tolerant....

“ Wiggins, a four-time All-American at Stanford, asserts she was targeted for harassment from the time she was drafted by Minnesota because she is heterosexual and a nationally popular figure, of whom many other players were jealous.

“ “Me being heterosexual and straight, and being vocal in my identity as a straight woman was huge,” Wiggins said. “I would say 98 percent of the women in the WNBA are gay women. It was a conformist type of place. There was a whole different set of rules they (the other players) could apply. […]

“ “People were deliberately trying to hurt me all of the time. I had never been called the B-word so many times in my life than I was in my rookie season. I’d never been thrown to the ground so much. The message was: ‘We want you to know we don’t like you.’” […]

“ “It comes to a point where you get compared so much to the men, you come to mirror the men,’ she said. “So many people think you have to look like a man, play like a man to get respect. I was the opposite. I was proud to a be a woman, and it didn’t fit well in that culture.”
                      Some ideas parents of athletic daughters might want to pass along. This is also a pretty big issue on women's college teams as well.

Comment

Sounds like this one player had a tough time. What's your research from other sources. Maybe this one player had a tough time for a reason other than her sexual orientation?

Comment

Sounds like this one player had a tough time. What's your research from other sources. Maybe this one player had a tough time for a reason other than her sexual orientation?
                          Well, she said it was because of her orientation, so we'll go with that.

Funny side story. A friend of mine quit her college softball team as it was so oppressive. The left fielder beat up the shortstop for cheating on her with the catcher.

It was funny to watch the fall-out.

Comment

You keep missing the point, which is not about who has suffered more, but rather how sinfulness could be attached to simply how someone is born. In most instances people are born into a sexuality as much as born into anything else. You don't choose to be born homosexual or with a congenital heart problem.
                            sorry....people are not born gay or straight. There is no proof of a "gay gene". It is a learned behavior. Some men or women may be more masculine or feminine based on the amount of testosterone, etc that their body produces, but that has nothing to do with who they prefer as a sexual partner.

I doubt you are a geneticist, but just incase you are, explain to me how one identical twin can be straight and another gay. If it was genetically based as you suggest, it would be impossible for one identical twin to be gay and the otherr to be straight no?

Comment

sorry....people are not born gay or straight. There is no proof of a "gay gene". It is a learned behavior. Some men or women may be more masculine or feminine based on the amount of testosterone, etc that their body produces, but that has nothing to do with who they prefer as a sexual partner.

I doubt you are a geneticist, but just incase you are, explain to me how one identical twin can be straight and another gay. If it was genetically based as you suggest, it would be impossible for one identical twin to be gay and the otherr to be straight no?
                              OK, we're done. You lost me for good at "learned".....like a person who realizes they are only attracted to the same sex or who realizes they area different gender than their physical characteristics AND ARE TRAUMATIZED by those facts and even desperately wish they were different chooses via learning.

Comment

Do you have children of your own? Do you have identical twins as part of your family or friends?

Any parent can attest that kids manifest who they are from a very young age. Children in the same family, with almost identical upbringings and almost identical genetics or very similar genetics can be very different types of people, even identical twins.

Meet some identical twins. While they share incredible similarities, you will see that they are unique individuals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X