Nli ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guessing your daughter's college coach is hoping she is working 12 months a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My kid gets full tuition from an Ivy League school and never played a sport in her life. That's a better roi
      That's not merit based, though. That's just because you don't being home the bacon.

Comment

My kid gets full tuition from an Ivy League school and never played a sport in her life. That's a better roi
        Sorry you're poor!

Comment

Your daughter never played sports and yet you spend your time reading Talking Soccer?

Comment

My daughter gets $30k per year in athletic money. I consider that making money off of playing soccer although that is not why she plays. She will have made far more playing soccer for her college career than she would have if she had played playing professionally for four years. She has a great job lined up when she graduates that will pay good money. No more soccer but that's okay.

I am happy with the fact that my kid made $30k each year from age 18-22 working six months out of the year. Not too many teens can say that.
            Wow..30K a year in athletic money sounds like a lot. I have no idea what the average athletic scholarship is though but 30K sounds pretty good to me. Congrats to your daughter.

Comment

Wow..30K a year in athletic money sounds like a lot. I have no idea what the average athletic scholarship is though but 30K sounds pretty good to me. Congrats to your daughter.
              If it's a $60K institution then 50% off would be fairly typical. If a coach offers you less than 25% he's probably not that interested in you. On the men's side athletic money is pitiful; $10K off would be more typical. Like someone said no one should be in this for the hopes of athletic dollars. Students with good grades often will receive much more merit $, which stays with you all four years. Good grades opens more doors.

Comment

If it's a $60K institution then 50% off would be fairly typical. If a coach offers you less than 25% he's probably not that interested in you. On the men's side athletic money is pitiful; $10K off would be more typical. Like someone said no one should be in this for the hopes of athletic dollars. Students with good grades often will receive much more merit $, which stays with you all four years. Good grades opens more doors.
                please find me the school where its typical for players to receive 50% ATH $$$$- most schools aren't fully funded in the first place, and some years the $$$ situation is worse than others (too many uppers v too few)- in college athletics absolutely zero is typical

Comment

please find me the school where its typical for players to receive 50% ATH $$$$- most schools aren't fully funded in the first place, and some years the $$$ situation is worse than others (too many uppers v too few)- in college athletics absolutely zero is typical
                  http://scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html

All you need to know.

Comment

women's side, higher level players and program, yes it happens quite a lot. on the men's side $10,000 is doing well. internationals, maybe the occasional keeper will get a good package. don't forget also that many times parents brag about full rides/good packages when it's typically a combination of athletic/merit/financial aid, depending on the type of institution and how and how they can structure things.

not the op

Comment

That a great reference point, but it's important to read the numbers lower on the page (which I copied). the numbers at the top are across all athletes and sports.

Men's NCAA I Soccer Teams Average Low High

Scholarships awarded per team 21 12 30
                      Average Scholarship per team $ 15,008 $5,809 $31,062

Women's NCAA I Soccer Teams Average Low High
                      Scholarships awarded per team 25 17 33
                      Average Scholarship per team $17,766 $6,220 $31,363

Comment

That a great reference point, but it's important to read the numbers lower on the page (which I copied). the numbers at the top are across all athletes and sports.

Men's NCAA I Soccer Teams Average Low High

Scholarships awarded per team 21 12 30
                        Average Scholarship per team $ 15,008 $5,809 $31,062

Women's NCAA I Soccer Teams Average Low High
                        Scholarships awarded per team 25 17 33
                        Average Scholarship per team $17,766 $6,220 $31,363
                        Yes but that's across all schools, private and public. It's more informative to look at each individual school number even further below (but that across all sports in those schools).

On average if you're a good women's D1 player say 5 to 15 on the roster you can expect 50% of tuition. Top 5 will get more. Players 15 to 25 will get between 25% to 50% and then bottom 5 most likely nothing.

Comment

Getting a women's soccer scholarship is hardly indication of ability. Bad, bad, players get $.

Comment

Getting a women's soccer scholarship is hardly indication of ability. Bad, bad, players get $.
                            Parents don't care about that. They're grateful for Title 9. Why do you think there's so much insanity on the girls' side

Comment

Yes but that's across all schools, private and public. It's more informative to look at each individual school number even further below (but that across all sports in those schools).

On average if you're a good women's D1 player say 5 to 15 on the roster you can expect 50% of tuition. Top 5 will get more. Players 15 to 25 will get between 25% to 50% and then bottom 5 most likely nothing.
                              players 5-15 do not get half ( unless you are combining merit$$$$) you are kidding yourself

Comment

That is a nice return on investment. I know parents of alpine skiers who spent $75k annually between sending their kids to high school ski academies plus paying for travel internationally for races and training, but only wound up getting $20k per year in athletic money. Ouch!
                                If anyone is willing to risk spending $75000 a year so that little Lindsey can become the next Lindsey, they better have a lot of dough!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X