Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

college question

When you commit to a school, and the coach decides to bail and go to Ohio State in the winter before you are entering school, how does that bode for you? Does the coach give you a heads up, or do you read it on TS?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When you commit to a school, and the coach decides to bail and go to Ohio State in the winter before you are entering school, how does that bode for you? Does the coach give you a heads up, or do you read it on TS?
    Go Rams! That's why you buy the school and not the coach

Comment

Yes - always, always make a choice based on academic fit first, soccer second. The reality is many players will not playing after even just 1-2 years for a while host of reasons, so unless you want to go through the hassle of transferring you better love the school

If you haven't signed an NLI yet (not a graduating senior) I'd be making lots of phone calls. A departing coach isn't going to reach out to tell recruits he's moving unless he's hoping to get them to move with him. A recruit should reach out to the incoming coach ASAP once it's announced to see if they will still have a spot

Comment

Yes - always, always make a choice based on academic fit first, soccer second. The reality is many players will not playing after even just 1-2 years for a while host of reasons, so unless you want to go through the hassle of transferring you better love the school

If you haven't signed an NLI yet (not a graduating senior) I'd be making lots of phone calls. A departing coach isn't going to reach out to tell recruits he's moving unless he's hoping to get them to move with him. A recruit should reach out to the incoming coach ASAP once it's announced to see if they will still have a spot
        Todd'a phone lighting up....CFC has a bunch of uri commits both this year and in future.

Comment

Todd'a phone lighting up....CFC has a bunch of uri commits both this year and in future.
          Needham compiled a 45-58-11 overall record at Rhode Island, including a 14-35-5 mark in Atlantic 10 play. This past season, he helped guide the Rams to a 6-8-5 record (3-4-3 A-10) while earning the #8 seed in the 2016 Atlantic 10 Tournament. In 2014, Rhode Island qualified for its first A-10 Tournament since 2006 after finishing with 12-5-2 (4-3-1 A-10).

Impressive bio.

Comment

Needham compiled a 45-58-11 overall record at Rhode Island, including a 14-35-5 mark in Atlantic 10 play. This past season, he helped guide the Rams to a 6-8-5 record (3-4-3 A-10) while earning the #8 seed in the 2016 Atlantic 10 Tournament. In 2014, Rhode Island qualified for its first A-10 Tournament since 2006 after finishing with 12-5-2 (4-3-1 A-10).

Impressive bio.
            My daughter went to odp region one camp at Uri. When she started looking at colleges and I asked her what she wanted in a college, she said "any school but Uri"

Comment

My daughter went to odp region one camp at Uri. When she started looking at colleges and I asked her what she wanted in a college, she said "any school but Uri"
              Always refreshing when adults denigrate the choices of other people's children

Comment

Always refreshing when adults denigrate the choices of other people's children
                So how does your kid like URI?

Comment

So how does your kid like URI?
                  Not at URI pal. I just think it's petty and juvenile to critique the choices of others. If the kids and their parents are happy? No one should care but them.

But URI is a tale of caution during the recruiting years - coaches leave ALL THE TIME. The earlier you recruit the greater the risk of it happening. It's good to have a back up plan, and don't burn bridges with other coaches you're talking to. A new coach can come in and kill all the verbal agreements, you may decide it isn't the best place for you...many things can happen and you're left scrambling. My oldest hated his first college coach once he started to play for him (like many college coaches he was a slick salesman. son played plenty for a frosh but the guy was such a douche). He had kept in touch with his 2nd choice program and was able to transfer with few issues. Many aren't that fortunate

Comment

Not at URI pal. I just think it's petty and juvenile to critique the choices of others. If the kids and their parents are happy? No one should care but them.

But URI is a tale of caution during the recruiting years - coaches leave ALL THE TIME. The earlier you recruit the greater the risk of it happening. It's good to have a back up plan, and don't burn bridges with other coaches you're talking to. A new coach can come in and kill all the verbal agreements, you may decide it isn't the best place for you...many things can happen and you're left scrambling. My oldest hated his first college coach once he started to play for him (like many college coaches he was a slick salesman. son played plenty for a frosh but the guy was such a douche). He had kept in touch with his 2nd choice program and was able to transfer with few issues. Many aren't that fortunate
                    Amazing....you know so much, but couldn't get through to your own kid when it comes to one of the more important decisions in his young life. Perhaps you should have had the kid talk to a kid in the program, watch a practice or game and see how coach interacts with his players.

No one criticized a specific kid, one guy just said his daughter wasn't fond of URI and you make it as if someone is personally attacking a kid. Maybe your the douche dad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X