Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing is not coaching

Good thing all our coaches around here are failed players....

http://theconversation.com/playing-i...-coaches-71625

That's why Belichick is so successful. He's a coach. Not a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      That is true.....

But at the same time, you have a Coach like John Wooden, who was a great player as well.

Comment

he grew up around the game-father was a coach at ASNA he lived with coaches, and he did play just not at an elite level
        not a typical upbringing

Comment

he grew up around the game-father was a coach at ASNA he lived with coaches, and he did play just not at an elite level
          not a typical upbringing
          ASNA is that where he learned to be Jack Arse

Comment

ASNA is that where he learned to be Jack Arse
            Forget everything and i mean go in another direction if you have a coach that doesn't care, apathetic, or dialing it in. If you find a coach that communicates, teaches and cares then nothing else matters until 12. Ultimately your kid either wants to get better, works at it and gives a hoot or the program doesn't matter. Ulittle to u12 coach matters

Comment

Forget everything and i mean go in another direction if you have a coach that doesn't care, apathetic, or dialing it in. If you find a coach that communicates, teaches and cares then nothing else matters until 12. Ultimately your kid either wants to get better, works at it and gives a hoot or the program doesn't matter. Ulittle to u12 coach matters
              Spot on. Find a coach that connects and wants to build. They exist

Comment

I dedicate this thread to EB, the archetypal example of people who played the game and who cannot coach.

Comment

I dedicate this thread to EB, the archetypal example of people who played the game and who cannot coach.

If you are referring g to the EB who began many years ago coaching for Bob Dikranian at SCP, then I have to call you on this.

EB was my daughter's premier coach then at U11 and U12. He was outstanding in all respects with the players and was a big assist in putting my kid in a path that led to a lot of club success and college success. We would have loved to work with him longer but for some reason they gave that team the next year to JOB, who was starting up the woman's program at SCSU. That proved a real disaster as over the next 18 months or so, the entire team left in small groups and individually to play for other premier clubs.

Eighteen kids gone in less than two years. Ole' Paul Duffy, the man at the helm of SCP in those days, could never offer up a logical reason for why that happened. But those of us there understand what we lost when we lost EB.

Comment

If you are referring g to the EB who began many years ago coaching for Bob Dikranian at SCP, then I have to call you on this.

EB was my daughter's premier coach then at U11 and U12. He was outstanding in all respects with the players and was a big assist in putting my kid in a path that led to a lot of club success and college success. We would have loved to work with him longer but for some reason they gave that team the next year to JOB, who was starting up the woman's program at SCSU. That proved a real disaster as over the next 18 months or so, the entire team left in small groups and individually to play for other premier clubs.

Eighteen kids gone in less than two years. Ole' Paul Duffy, the man at the helm of SCP in those days, could never offer up a logical reason for why that happened. But those of us there understand what we lost when we lost EB.
                    EB the OW coach?

Comment

EB the OW coach?
                      EB, the place that makes the 'nucular' subs in Groton?

Comment

EB, the place that makes the 'nucular' subs in Groton?
                        That must be it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X