Oregon lacks players with technical skills. This is how I am making a change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon lacks players with technical skills. This is how I am making a change

Do you guys think Oregon lacks technical ability? Are we pushing away skilled players because they aren't "big" enough? Let me know!

Hey guys, I just wanted some of your feedback on a video I made on YouTube. "How to improve your ball control, dribbling and soccer skills - for beginners." I will be uploading an intermediate level on in a week and an advanced one in two weeks. Would love some opinions on how I can improve my video quality :) thanks!

(I do these videos to help those who love soccer and would like to improve their game... I always wanted to give back to the soccer/football community. Thanks!)

Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxy...-MPcyR-ISFLHsw

Yes, we lack technical skilled players.

I believe we have to keep our children in a club... but as well on their off days they need to be working on the technical side of the game!!! It's a must! It could be through a personal trainer or through YouTube videos like the ones you have. I'll make sure to share your YouTube channel. Keep it up!

Comment

Lots of clubs out there that prefer technical skill over size. Westside. ADF. Quite a few of the Latino-dominated clubs (IFC being the best of that lot, with 4H also being known for players with technical ability).

A good rule of thumb is to count the number of undersized players on the club's A teams.

The list given here shouldn't be considered exclusive--i.e. if your club is not listed, you are NOT necessarily being accused of promoting bootball. :)

Comment

Technical ability

Yes we lack technical ability but you have to realize we are a country that is more based on our physicality, kinda like English soccer. Everything else should fall in place with the coming years. Soccer is growing a ton in these coming years

Comment

If the U.S. game will improve by increasing physicality, we need a "physicality" acadamey then, we could call it "UFC." That will make us a great soccer nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            If the U.S. game will improve by increasing physicality, we need a "physicality" acadamey then, we could call it "UFC." That will make us a great soccer nation.
            According to the 02 girls thread, Eugene already has a physicality academy and it's taking nation by storm.

Comment

Dumb. Soccer is Oregon is terrible. Just awful. Play football. TRUMP! USA! USA! USA!!

Comment

Dumb. Soccer is Oregon is terrible. Just awful. Play football. TRUMP! USA! USA! USA!!
                Getting rid of Tom Atencio was a good start and seeing the Onyx "football players" leave is a good start.

Comment

Most coaches here are not a fan of Latino style soccer. They want size, speed, power, and always defensive first. Two touch pass,boot, and shoot from 15 yards out. Too many players here were never taught the right technique. Smart solution is to hire technical trainers or coaches that played in South America or Mexico, but their too cheap to open their wallets.

Comment

Most coaches here are not a fan of Latino style soccer. They want size, speed, power, and always defensive first. Two touch pass,boot, and shoot from 15 yards out. Too many players here were never taught the right technique. Smart solution is to hire technical trainers or coaches that played in South America or Mexico, but their too cheap to open their wallets.
                    Speaking of "Latino style" soccer is a bit of a misnomer, as the way the game is played in Mexico is very different than the way the game is played in Argentina or Brazil.

That said--15 yards out is within the box (or did you mean 15 yards outside the penalty box?)--if a player has an open shot from inside the box, he should take it! And clubs such as ADF or Westside, both with large numbers of Latino coaches (including both South America and Mexico), certainly give their forwards the green light to shoot. (And these clubs have plenty of kids--of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds--who can easily bury shots from 25 yards out and more).

Comment

Speaking of "Latino style" soccer is a bit of a misnomer, as the way the game is played in Mexico is very different than the way the game is played in Argentina or Brazil.

That said--15 yards out is within the box (or did you mean 15 yards outside the penalty box?)--if a player has an open shot from inside the box, he should take it! And clubs such as ADF or Westside, both with large numbers of Latino coaches (including both South America and Mexico), certainly give their forwards the green light to shoot. (And these clubs have plenty of kids--of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds--who can easily bury shots from 25 yards out and more).
                      lol. If you want to pick bad habits, go watch the mexican premier crap. it is
                      like lucha libre with a soccer ball. pitiful. worse than mls. yikes.

Comment

lol. If you want to pick bad habits, go watch the mexican premier crap. it is
                        like lucha libre with a soccer ball. pitiful. worse than mls. yikes.
                        Lucha libre. 🤣

Comment

Lucha libre. 🤣
                          Unrelated to soccer, but how come they don't have any luchadors in WWE?

Comment

Unrelated to soccer, but how come they don't have any luchadors in WWE?
                            Better yet, every MLS team should have a Luchador that they send on at least once per half to entertain the crowd. Maybe then it would be watchable on TV.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X