Top Drawer Soccer Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can't bring it on the field it doesn't matter if you're #1 or #200. It's like getting upset at all-state nominations -it's just one many flawed accolades so take them for what they're worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      These lists are basically another ECNL marketing tool.
      I don't know anything about ECNL, but it seems that the players that post information about camps etc. are from Revs and NEFC.

Comment

My biggest issue with them is they put forward these top XI teams from ECNL events and they only watch a tiny percentage of games. So the top XI are put forward as if they were the best in the whole event when in fact they were the best in a small fraction of that event. I wish they were more transparent on that point. My kid is ranked in the top 150 so no my kid sucks comments please

Comment

Freedom of speech tough when minors are involved

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          You Sound like a bunch of whiners. Im sorry your kid isnt on it. Im sure there is good reason. At the lower end, say 75 and down, ya, you could find many kids you or anyone would say was equally talented. The kids that make it on, have done something to get noticed at a high ranking event or been invited to and done well at National camps. I have tracked these rankings for years, in my daughters age group and others. The best players find their way to the top, and I mean top 30 or so, by u16. Stars are basically parts of the game they are looking for. more stars, more complete player. Yes in their eyes, but thats the criteria. So ya, a 2 star u-18 player is going to crush a 4 star u-14, but for her age, they are saying the u-14 has more of a complete game. No system will be perfect, and im sure some politics involved, but when Ive seen players do well at ECNL playoffs, or National camps, they move up.
          In the past, the ratings did have some merit, but it looks like they are decreasing players. If they have a criteria, like stars are based on age, great, but it doesn't look like the do. But agree above, that college coaches probably don't care anymore unless it helps the players profile. Freedom of speech argument gets dicey when we are talking about minors.

Comment

My biggest issue with them is they put forward these top XI teams from ECNL events and they only watch a tiny percentage of games. So the top XI are put forward as if they were the best in the whole event when in fact they were the best in a small fraction of that event. I wish they were more transparent on that point. My kid is ranked in the top 150 so no my kid sucks comments please
            Agree...

Comment

You are correct.

But what does OP want? How big to you think TDS's budget is? They can't be everywhere and in reality, there are just a few principles involved.

Is it perfect? Of course not, but at least it's something. This is youth soccer, not high revenue drivers like football or men's bb, where there is significant demand and interest for information on recruits and there are legitimate revenue streams to support it.
              If this is true, than why do they hold themselves out as big experts with large network of scouts I think is what I read somewhere. Something more structured would be better rating system. They can do whatever they want to rank players, but the star system seems flawed

Comment

If this is true, than why do they hold themselves out as big experts with large network of scouts I think is what I read somewhere. Something more structured would be better rating system. They can do whatever they want to rank players, but the star system seems flawed
                Becuase they are the only outfit that does it.

Maybe you could volunteer to be an independent scout given that your panties are all tied in a knot about it.

Comment

Haha

I happen to find the rankings incredibly accurate.
                  I just looked at top New England USSDA teams and some starters are rated two stars now. I think you haven't look at the newest ratings. I think if you talk to a top Div One 2017 player who is two stars, they would not find it "incredibly accurate".

Comment

Becuase they are the only outfit that does it.

Maybe you could volunteer to be an independent scout given that your panties are all tied in a knot about it.
                    You don't have it right....they need to clear up their criteria with the newest changes, so people understand the difference from a 4 star 14 year old vs. two star division one player at U18. Look at the star ratings for 2 star players at 2017 for mens and you'll understand and stop commenting if you haven't look. I'm sure many would volunteer as scouts if offered, but there is no contact info for this group. I played college so could be one for our kids. It good they can rate US Natl players 4 or 5 and those kids deserve it, its after that it all falls apart.

Comment

Because they want clicks. It's a media outlet more than anything else, about as helpful as getting serious news reporting from People magazine. Seriously, do you really think this will be a fair and honest and thorough examination of players across the country?

Comment

You are correct.

But what does OP want? How big to you think TDS's budget is? They can't be everywhere and in reality, there are just a few principles involved.

Is it perfect? Of course not, but at least it's something. This is youth soccer, not high revenue drivers like football or men's bb, where there is significant demand and interest for information on recruits and there are legitimate revenue streams to support it.
                        Are you insider... what are you saying...that it is OK to do ratings as "at least it is something". TDS can do some damage. Better to not do it at all if you can't do it right. I'm seeing it lately with NE players and it is a mess. Most would not think their rating would be dropped as the become a top Academy or ECNL player.

Comment

Are you insider... what are you saying...that it is OK to do ratings as "at least it is something". TDS can do some damage. Better to not do it at all if you can't do it right. I'm seeing it lately with NE players and it is a mess. Most would not think their rating would be dropped as the become a top Academy or ECNL player.
                          Can do damage to who exactly? Mommy and Daddy's ego?

Do you really believe that college recruiters put much stock into it?

Fool.

Comment

Because they want clicks. It's a media outlet more than anything else, about as helpful as getting serious news reporting from People magazine. Seriously, do you really think this will be a fair and honest and thorough examination of players across the country?
                            Then don't click on their site. Simple.

Comment

Can do damage to who exactly? Mommy and Daddy's ego?

Do you really believe that college recruiters put much stock into it?

Fool.
                              Bingo! This is all about the OP thinking his kid isn't rated as highly as the OP thinks he/she should be. I mean surely that must be the reason his kid isn't getting recruited right?! It's all TDS's fault!

Comment

Then don't click on their site. Simple.
                                OP here - my point was that the op is putting way too much stock into the belief that TDS is credible. The same type of parent that cries unfair when his kid doesn't make all state.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X