Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am going to bite my tounge at one or two of the previous comments, because as a parent that has sent their two daughters to Berkshire for the last 2 summers, some of them are insulting to me and have ignored the original question

My daughters have loved the past two summers, and we intend to sign them back up this summer and we are taking some friends back with them too. We are also planning on signing up for some other college camps too. Although it is true that you can send your kids to many "other" camps for the price of Berkshire, it is also true that you can buy many McDonalds Happy meals for the price of a nice restaurant dinner. In my opinion, you get what you pay for.

So in this case it really comes down to what you are looking for your daughter to get out of their experience. Now I'm not going to say that my daughters have not thoroughly enjoyed those "other" camps, as they will continue to do so this summer. But those "other" camps do not seem to take as much time or care over my daughters emotional safety and overall experience as Berkshire has shown. And there also seems to be a pretty big trade off in actual skill development for a false sense of exposure to a college or their coaches and scouts.

Overall I would recommend the place, and would recommend you to ignore the gimmicks. Mia Hamm is not what makes Berkshire, and frankly we avoid that week, but from our experience it is an organization that truly cares, that has great staff working with the kids and give girls great experiences
    Good lord you have to understand your postingvyour garbage on a soccer site

Comment

I am going to bite my tounge at one or two of the previous comments, because as a parent that has sent their two daughters to Berkshire for the last 2 summers, some of them are insulting to me and have ignored the original question

My daughters have loved the past two summers, and we intend to sign them back up this summer and we are taking some friends back with them too. We are also planning on signing up for some other college camps too. Although it is true that you can send your kids to many "other" camps for the price of Berkshire, it is also true that you can buy many McDonalds Happy meals for the price of a nice restaurant dinner. In my opinion, you get what you pay for.

So in this case it really comes down to what you are looking for your daughter to get out of their experience. Now I'm not going to say that my daughters have not thoroughly enjoyed those "other" camps, as they will continue to do so this summer. But those "other" camps do not seem to take as much time or care over my daughters emotional safety and overall experience as Berkshire has shown. And there also seems to be a pretty big trade off in actual skill development for a false sense of exposure to a college or their coaches and scouts.

Overall I would recommend the place, and would recommend you to ignore the gimmicks. Mia Hamm is not what makes Berkshire, and frankly we avoid that week, but from our experience it is an organization that truly cares, that has great staff working with the kids and give girls great experiences
      Wait. Let me get a tissue. That brought a tear to my eyes. Thanks for keeping the youth soccer business alive and well.

Comment

If you're worried about "emotional safety" at a summer soccer camp your kids shouldn't be thinking about playing in college. Also, a camp like Berkshire is about skill development while college ID events are about just that, identification. There are many skill development camps out there, some on college campuses as well as many "others" (douche use of quotes btw) that will offer a player a good learning experience. Paying 2-3 times more doesn't make it 2-3x better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X