X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Meant to say 40% NHL viewers are women.

Forgot to add that women may watch men's sports because of the cute guys... question is whether they will watch other women.
    The vast majority would never turn on a game to watch it on their own or buy tickets for themselves and girlfriends. I would bet the vast majority do it to interact with their spouse or significant other because he is watching the game or has friends over watching a game that brought their significant others ..... In which case the girls huddle in the kitchen drinking wine to watch a Lifetime movie where some headstrong women gets revenge on a devious man that wronged them.

Comment

The vast majority would never turn on a game to watch it on their own or buy tickets for themselves and girlfriends. I would bet the vast majority do it to interact with their spouse or significant other because he is watching the game or has friends over watching a game that brought their significant others ..... In which case the girls huddle in the kitchen drinking wine to watch a Lifetime movie where some headstrong women gets revenge on a devious man that wronged them.
      Forgot to add that my wife is one of the many that watch games ..... When my son and I comandeer the TV in the living room she is a captive audience unless she wants to be vanquished to the bedroom to watch something else (which she usually doesn't before 8 or 9 pm).

Comment

Forgot to add that my wife is one of the many that watch games ..... When my son and I comandeer the TV in the living room she is a captive audience unless she wants to be vanquished to the bedroom to watch something else (which she usually doesn't before 8 or 9 pm).
        Same here. If my wife or D watch any sports it's pretty rare - Superbowl, big playoff or similar. D plays BBall and doesn't watch the WNBA but once in awhile the NBA if we're watching. Wife played soccer in college. She will not watch the games on any regular basis on TV. WC or Olympics is about it. Most of her friends seem to be the same and Superbowl parties usually have the women in the other room, maybe they watch some commercials

Comment

Meant to say 40% NHL viewers are women.

Forgot to add that women may watch men's sports because of the cute guys... question is whether they will watch other women.
          It's not because they're bringing beer and fixing snacks?

Comment

MLS and Neal will never be a big sell on tv. Eve. Bringing in the older big names dies not help tv. Women's soccer is an Olympic and World Cup only for tv.

Comment

MLS and Neal will never be a big sell on tv. Eve. Bringing in the older big names dies not help tv. Women's soccer is an Olympic and World Cup only for tv.
              So is men's soccer in the US!

Comment

So is men's soccer in the US!
                For US Men's NT yes. No one will watch a regular match. But, International leagues get decent numbers, especially in big diverse markets. MLS not as much but ticking up a bit. Women's forget it other bit events.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X