Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump needs to straighten out CT Premier Clubs...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    International coaches working here should be very concerned that DT will most likely make our already tough Visa requirements even more strict. Yes I know not all foreign coaches are great, but neither are many more American ones.

Don't get me started on the enormous brain and financial drain that's going to happen at US universities as more people are either kept out or are concerned enough to study/work elsewhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a0df7ccee38c
    International soccer coaches are safe, especially the white ones from Ireland (not looking at you, FSA). Even the South and Central Americans are safe for now -- until the wall goes up, and don't even bother using a plane or boat, because that's cheating (we can build a wall in the ocean, you know, or like Pacific Rim).

Comment

International coaches working here should be very concerned that DT will most likely make our already tough Visa requirements even more strict. Yes I know not all foreign coaches are great, but neither are many more American ones.

Don't get me started on the enormous brain and financial drain that's going to happen at US universities as more people are either kept out or are concerned enough to study/work elsewhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a0df7ccee38c
      Who reads this garbage? Haven't you lost all faith in the liberal media? Even if you're liberal you must have lost faith. They're reporting one false news story after another. It was bad before but now they can't keep the most simplest of facts straight. It's pathetic.

Comment

First world countries cannot compete with third world labor prices. When other countries are taught to facturw and do what we do because of cost thang you have unlocked the door and sealed your own . maybe not in a year or two but eventually you have just created imitators and competition that you can't compete with based almost exclusively on cost and reasonable quality. Sorry, every country in the world protects their own interests. Why cant we?
        I don't disagree that every country must protect their own interests. The problem is that Trump and his team are taking actions affecting foreign policy and our economic stability without giving a lot of thought of how these actions might adversely affect us. Trump either doesn't have the foresight to understand the domino affect of his actions, doesn't care, or is too obtuse to understand the gravity of his actions.

How is our standing in Asia going to be now that we have withdrawn from the TPP? We will actually feel the effects in our business in Europe as well. Trump opposed the pact because he said it could hurt American jobs. With that being said, the impact of his decision is likely to go beyond trade. It also paves the way for Xi to position China as an economic and military anchor in the western Pacific. Xi is attempting to expand China's trade ties with its neighbors has an infrastructure project that will reinvigorate trading routes to the Middle East and Europe. Trump has given China a gift in order to accomplish all of that. The implications of our TPP withdrawl will be far reaching and will create a huge political and economic vacuum that China will fill. In the end, the States will be damaged.

What about NAFTA? I really don't believe that NAFTA is perfect. It's far from it. However this war that Trump has decided to pick with Mexico will push other nations in, and out of, our region to become stronger. How Mexico will play out is still largely unknown but I guarantee that everyone in the US will see higher prices on a lot of items in the not too distant future. Think of all of the produce that comes out of Europe. All of that will be more expensive. What about the 20% tax on Mexican goods that Trump says he will utilize to pay for the wall? Who is going to pay that 20% tax. You and I.

Before I get lambasted here for being a Libtard, or whatever other colorful epithet that Trump supporters like to throw around, know that I am a hard-core Libertarian of the Laissez-faire strain.

Comment

Ask the Washington Compost to go interview all the former Disney workers who not only lost their jobs, but had to train their foreign replacements before they left.
          The " brain drain " that you speak of creates an opportunity for an American. If people need to leave their own country to come here , perhaps they should use their skills to improve their own society . The loss of any soccer coaches is an insignificant issue .
          Agreed. The 'Brain Drain' is merely a cost-saving measure to bring in cheaper labor from third world countries and allow corporations of all types to save a buck. If they want to compete on ability, bring them in, but Americans all lose when cost is the absolute first and foremost consideration; one on which we simply can not compete. Hundreds of thousands of educated Americans have been put out of work or forced into lower paying jobs as a result. We have plenty of brain power.

Comment

^^^Think of all of the produce that comes out of Mexico*

Comment

I don't disagree that every country must protect their own interests. The problem is that Trump and his team are taking actions affecting foreign policy and our economic stability without giving a lot of thought of how these actions might adversely affect us. Trump either doesn't have the foresight to understand the domino affect of his actions, doesn't care, or is too obtuse to understand the gravity of his actions.

How is our standing in Asia going to be now that we have withdrawn from the TPP? We will actually feel the effects in our business in Europe as well. Trump opposed the pact because he said it could hurt American jobs. With that being said, the impact of his decision is likely to go beyond trade. It also paves the way for Xi to position China as an economic and military anchor in the western Pacific. Xi is attempting to expand China's trade ties with its neighbors has an infrastructure project that will reinvigorate trading routes to the Middle East and Europe. Trump has given China a gift in order to accomplish all of that. The implications of our TPP withdrawl will be far reaching and will create a huge political and economic vacuum that China will fill. In the end, the States will be damaged.

What about NAFTA? I really don't believe that NAFTA is perfect. It's far from it. However this war that Trump has decided to pick with Mexico will push other nations in, and out of, our region to become stronger. How Mexico will play out is still largely unknown but I guarantee that everyone in the US will see higher prices on a lot of items in the not too distant future. Think of all of the produce that comes out of Europe. All of that will be more expensive. What about the 20% tax on Mexican goods that Trump says he will utilize to pay for the wall? Who is going to pay that 20% tax. You and I.

Before I get lambasted here for being a Libtard, or whatever other colorful epithet that Trump supporters like to throw around, know that I am a hard-core Libertarian of the Laissez-faire strain.
              If we didn't have enormous trade deficits with every country on the planet then I would say all things were working great, but we do. We are laying off our own workers for foreign workers and moving operations and manufacturing to foreign locations. The only people profiting from this are ultra-rich shareholders, execs, and board members while the average American gets nothing in return except lower wages and crapper jobs. Trickle-down has never worked and never will. It is a facade for ultra-rich to cut labor costs and profit more at the average American's expense. We are upper middle class. My kid can't afford to go to a decent school even though she is an EXCELLENT student. NESCACs don't offer merit anymore and neither do many other schools. Even colleges and universities are geared toward ultra-rich. Sorry, I have worked too hard for forever. Don't care if you dislike my sentiments. The system isn't working for us. Why do we, as a country, have everyone's interests in mind but our own? Why do we allow every foreign, illegal to have more rights and benefits than I get? I get nothing from Iran or Iraq, why should we reciprocate (poor choice of words implying we actually get something other than being screwed)?

Comment

If we didn't have enormous trade deficits with every country on the planet then I would say all things were working great, but we do. We are laying off our own workers for foreign workers and moving operations and manufacturing to foreign locations. The only people profiting from this are ultra-rich shareholders, execs, and board members while the average American gets nothing in return except lower wages and crapper jobs. Trickle-down has never worked and never will. It is a facade for ultra-rich to cut labor costs and profit more at the average American's expense. We are upper middle class. My kid can't afford to go to a decent school even though she is an EXCELLENT student. NESCACs don't offer merit anymore and neither do many other schools. Even colleges and universities are geared toward ultra-rich. Sorry, I have worked too hard for forever. Don't care if you dislike my sentiments. The system isn't working for us. Why do we, as a country, have everyone's interests in mind but our own? Why do we allow every foreign, illegal to have more rights and benefits than I get? I get nothing from Iran or Iraq, why should we reciprocate (poor choice of words implying we actually get something other than being screwed)?
                We are simply fools being fleeced by our own rich citizens and corporations as well as any foreign country that can improve their own lot.

Comment

What does this have to do with soccer? Thoughts on the City game today?

Comment

This is a bunch of garbage. I do business internationally. Most Asia pacific countries hate China. They see right through their manipulative ways and the very last thing do is trust them, especially in a business environment. Xi would have to overcome decades of mistrust to block the US. Conversely American business is highly respected and trusted in Asia and quietly must Asians would tell you its about time we have a leader with balls. The only country that is really concerned is South Korea but again they would never do business with Xi over the US even if trump puts the screws on the Koreans.

Comment

Who reads this garbage? Haven't you lost all faith in the liberal media? Even if you're liberal you must have lost faith. They're reporting one false news story after another. It was bad before but now they can't keep the most simplest of facts straight. It's pathetic.
                      The fact is international students contribute $35 Billion, that's with B, to US institutions. It isn't just about who universities hire. There are real consequences if foreign students are afraid to attend school here. Also if the world's best and brightest don't want to come here to study or work or share knowledge, our institutions lose academic credibility, making them even weaker.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/universit...183215354.html

Corporations are also very much against teh ban, especially ones that do business internationally. Not only do they worry about hiring good talent here and abroad, but their worried that the damage Trump is doing to the US's reputation will also hurt their bottom line. One of many articles from both sides of the aisle

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why...omy-2017-01-30

Comment

My kid can't afford to go to a decent school even though she is an EXCELLENT student. NESCACs don't offer merit anymore and neither do many other schools.
                        I fully understand where you're coming from.

My kid expressed interest in playing soccer at several Ivies. She qualified easily on the academic index and probably would have been granted admission on her own merit without being supported by the soccer coaches at the respective schools (35 ACT, 1570 SAT, 3.95 unweighted GPA, a solid resume of activity and community involvement). Financially, though, we're in that "sweet spot" of not really qualifying for need-based aid even at the highest priced Ivy. The fact that there is no merit aid or athletic aid at the Ivies means that I'll be footing a bill of $60K to $70K. It's tough. I'm not sure what the answer is.

*I'm the same Libertarian from above that believes that Trump is going to gravely hurt the economic interests of our country.

Comment

The fact is international students contribute $35 Billion, that's with B, to US institutions. It isn't just about who universities hire. There are real consequences if foreign students are afraid to attend school here. Also if the world's best and brightest don't want to come here to study or work or share knowledge, our institutions lose academic credibility, making them even weaker.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/universit...183215354.html

Corporations are also very much against teh ban, especially ones that do business internationally. Not only do they worry about hiring good talent here and abroad, but their worried that the damage Trump is doing to the US's reputation will also hurt their bottom line. One of many articles from both sides of the aisle

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why...omy-2017-01-30
                          You realize our GDP is $18Trillion, with a T. $35B is not even a drop in the bucket. That contribution is peanuts!

Comment

Companies move overseas to improve their profits and shareholder returns (or it privately held companies to line their owner's pockets). They also do it to stay competitive and fill demand for lower cost goods here. It's called Capitalism. Guess what's the opposite of that? Is that what you want? Also, you do realize that putting protectionist tariffs on imports hurts YOU the consumer? Are you willing to put your money into the game to make America great again? Yes we have much to do to improve our own economy, trade, and many other facets of American life. But sealing ourselves off to the rest of the world won't work and we would be the worse for it economically, socially, politically, intellectually.

Comment

You realize our GDP is $18Trillion, with a T. $35B is not even a drop in the bucket. That contribution is peanuts!
                              Tell that to the US institutions who rely heavily on the often full boat tuition many of those foreign students pay. It isn't just about the impact to the overall economy, but the devastation it will cause in places of higher learning.

Comment

This is a bunch of garbage. I do business internationally. Most Asia pacific countries hate China. They see right through their manipulative ways and the very last thing do is trust them, especially in a business environment. Xi would have to overcome decades of mistrust to block the US. Conversely American business is highly respected and trusted in Asia and quietly must Asians would tell you its about time we have a leader with balls. The only country that is really concerned is South Korea but again they would never do business with Xi over the US even if trump puts the screws on the Koreans.
                                I don't disagree that most Asian countries hate China. However, it seems as if the US is willing to create a economic and political vacuum in Asia. What country do you think is going to fill that void?

Trump is hastily playing economic and political games that he has no understanding of. He is not comprehending the gravity of his actions. In the end I hope that he gets things straight before it is too late and we're all ****ed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X