• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or look elsewhere/stay elsewhere. #girlshaveoptions
    #girl shave options

I'm gonna say "landing strip".

Comment

Prep school players have to play a sport, it makes sense they would get waivers, especially if they are the stronger players.

As for the total amount of waivers they'll give, I can't see how it'd be any more than 10 for the 2 oldest teams (5 & 5). The number of players on each team upon their return has to be manageable (18?).

Comment

Or look elsewhere/stay elsewhere. #girlshaveoptions
        Girls definitely have options and being in the bottom of the roster is never good. Depending where you live, there are great opportunities for ECNL and DA in Massachusetts as well.

Comment

Girls definitely have options and being in the bottom of the roster is never good. Depending where you live, there are great opportunities for ECNL and DA in Massachusetts as well.
          Northeast United, Academica, etc., lots of options to play.

Comment

Prep school players have to play a sport, it makes sense they would get waivers, especially if they are the stronger players.

As for the total amount of waivers they'll give, I can't see how it'd be any more than 10 for the 2 oldest teams (5 & 5). The number of players on each team upon their return has to be manageable (18?).
            I'd think these waivers would cause a lot of grief/resentment in a club, esp if they step outside of the spirit of the rule and offer them to public school kids. That's not right.

Comment

They have four teams U14, U15 then the older two combined age teams. So that's an average of 2.5 per team. Depending on how many prep school kids are on a roster they might be able to afford granting any others. The games still have to be played as scheduled with who you have.

Comment

They have four teams U14, U15 then the older two combined age teams. So that's an average of 2.5 per team. Depending on how many prep school kids are on a roster they might be able to afford granting any others. The games still have to be played as scheduled with who you have.
                They will not waive any players on either of the younger 2 teams. That was said.

Comment

#girl shave options

I'm gonna say "landing strip".
                  Perv....you're probably a parent referring to high school and junior high girls. Are you in the registry?

Comment

I'd think these waivers would cause a lot of grief/resentment in a club, esp if they step outside of the spirit of the rule and offer them to public school kids. That's not right.
                    It doesn't matter. OW really must do this to keep their studs.

Comment

It would be suicide to do it with public school kids but OW may get that desperate with GHS kids. Even when it's private school kids it causes issues - there's definitely resentment among the players who are forced to give up HS, work their tail off all fall, then get pushed aside when the waivered kids return. It hurts the club too if there's a lot of waivered players because your teams will be weaker in the fall. The whole waiver thing is a serious flaw in the system. On the boys' side you can make a justification for the free MLS teams. But non MLS you're paying and some have to give up HS and others aren't. That's why ECNL will be fine and ENPL will gain traction; you can still lay decent soccer, get recruited (albeit not top D1 programs but that's fine as there's lots of other programs out there) and still play HS sports.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        perv....you're probably a parent referring to high school and junior high girls. Are you in the registry?
                        have you seen some of these girls?????

Comment

have you seen some of these girls?????
                          Just stop.

Comment

I heard they're only going to grant waivers to select players these initial couple years to help get this off the ground. No waivers for the 2 younger teams will be given.

Comment

I heard they're only going to grant waivers to select players these initial couple years to help get this off the ground. No waivers for the 2 younger teams will be given.
                              Right. As discussed on TS all along: OW studs can play high school, while the non-studs cannot.

Comment

They will not waive any players on either of the younger 2 teams. That was said.
                                From a business standpoint they have to - the younger players will be the ones who will have to chose down the road. The waiver option will only last 1-2 years at the most because all the GDA clubs will trying to hold onto the better players. Once they're out of the system it will no HS all the way

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X