BS Facility

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care about any of that, but I would add that TS is a BS facilitator.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Much has been written about Beachside Girls going backwards. It looks look their boys premier (non DAP) has fallen off dramatically too

If I am reading their website correctly, the boys only have one older team? That team is a composite team with 2000-1999s.

They do have 2002-2007 boys teams

I recognize that they have Boys DAP teams too. However, several years ago they had a full compliment of premier, pre Academy and DAP. What happened

From BS website

For players playing High School Soccer we field teams for players y.o.b. 1998-99, 2000-01, and 2001 (Girls) and 1999-2000 (Boys.) These teams begin play after the High School Season finishes in Mid-November.
      Since they got the DA badge they've only had a few token premier teams as well as "pre-academy teams" (those they felt weren't ready for full DA) that struggle as well. There's a lot of options in that area for premier as well as for DA - NYCFC, FCW, even Red Bulls. If you're not on a DA team at BS do you want to stay there and play for a very mediocre B team? Probably not. CFCU, AC CT and Everton NPL have benefited from the exodus.

Comment

Since they got the DA badge they've only had a few token premier teams as well as "pre-academy teams" (those they felt weren't ready for full DA) that struggle as well. There's a lot of options in that area for premier as well as for DA - NYCFC, FCW, even Red Bulls. If you're not on a DA team at BS do you want to stay there and play for a very mediocre B team? Probably not. CFCU, AC CT and Everton NPL have benefited from the exodus.
        You are right on the mark. However, it's never been this bad before on the boys side

Makes you wonder how they are going to finance the new facility or whether the exodus gets worse with the new facility.

Comment

You are right on the mark. However, it's never been this bad before on the boys side

Makes you wonder how they are going to finance the new facility or whether the exodus gets worse with the new facility.
          The new site is definitely a risk. It's not very convenient for some of its players, and certainly won't work for ones closer to the NY line. Puts them closer to CFCU boys, FSA and AC CT as well so kids on the bubble may consider those non DA options. But it also gets them further from DA clubs like FCW. They did catch a break with the additional boys U15 single year team. Most of those players would get relegated to pre-academy which made them more likely to leave. No wonder they pushed so hard this year to try and revive the girls program. They gained a few more girls teams but that won't be enough to pay the bills. With GDA coming they will continue to struggle on the girls side past U13. The new site puts them in prime YU and CFC Arsenal territory

Comment

Words out facility not happening.

Comment

Shocking....not

Comment

Financial or location reasons?

Comment

A lot of FC teams are outsourcing their coaching to MK & Co and they have a popular training program for the ULittles. So I am guessing (incorrectly) that BS is doing well despite a lack of true BS teams. Maybe the pipeline will become more robust as these initiatives mature.

Comment

A lot of FC teams are outsourcing their coaching to MK & Co and they have a popular training program for the ULittles. So I am guessing (incorrectly) that BS is doing well despite a lack of true BS teams. Maybe the pipeline will become more robust as these initiatives mature.
                    That outsourcing has been occurring for the last six years. It's not new

Comment

Well, there you go.

Comment

People finally waking up to the fact that the king has no clothestatus. MK offering up an inferior product and way overpriced.

Comment

That outsourcing has been occurring for the last six years. It's not new
                          Both good points - I forgot they have that nice situation with Westport travel - are there others towns too? You're right that it isn't new but is probably a nice income stream. Still, building a new facility takes real $ and a big long-term commitment to a great deal of debt. I also heard that site had questions about industrial waste.

Comment

Both good points - I forgot they have that nice situation with Westport travel - are there others towns too? You're right that it isn't new but is probably a nice income stream. Still, building a new facility takes real $ and a big long-term commitment to a great deal of debt. I also heard that site had questions about industrial waste.
                            Old Greenwich for one. Yes it's a very good revenue generator

Comment

Old Greenwich for one. Yes it's a very good revenue generator
                              Plus the BS juniors training at $1000/year and now all the Ulittle teams in NYCFC affiliate program. They've lost some revenue from the older boys teams moving to DA (they're supposed to lower the price for DA teams). I'm sure they crunched the numbers every way to Sunday.

Or maybe the location is a Super-fund site....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X