Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seriously? You rate every soccer facility first and foremost by it's parking lot? Progin park and Randall's Island must be dead last on your list. You have to walk a bit for Red Bulls fields from their lots too (and they are certainly undersized for 4 fields). I guess that really lowers the ranking of their facility as well.
    not the poster but I have to go to Sports Zone all the time. this isn't FSA level overcrowding, this is defcon 3 bad. you cannot get in and out of there - entrance is too narrow, everyone thinks they're entitled to park where they want, creating more bottlenecks. I wish our club would move but luckily it's just for a few months

Comment

not the poster but I have to go to Sports Zone all the time. this isn't FSA level overcrowding, this is defcon 3 bad. you cannot get in and out of there - entrance is too narrow, everyone thinks they're entitled to park where they want, creating more bottlenecks. I wish our club would move but luckily it's just for a few months
      They don't seem to have a parking lot so much as a long drivway with make-your-best-parking along the sides. Can they bulldoze some of the woods and pave over?

Comment

They don't seem to have a parking lot so much as a long drivway with make-your-best-parking along the sides. Can they bulldoze some of the woods and pave over?
        It's been a problem for years and they've done nothing about it. At least at the Dome or NYA the parking is plenty and accessible

not the poster

Comment

It's been a problem for years and they've done nothing about it. At least at the Dome or NYA the parking is plenty and accessible

not the poster
          Some people just have to find something to complain about. If the facilities are world class find the next closest thing. They are probably OW people. Plenty of parking at that dump close since no one plays there anymore.

Comment

Some people just have to find something to complain about. If the facilities are world class find the next closest thing. They are probably OW people. Plenty of parking at that dump close since no one plays there anymore.
            The lines in Glastonbury are so close together, our Range Rover won't even fit. Don't get me started about the Suburban. And, the surface in Portland is so horrible that I have to replace my car every 18 months because the paint gets ruined.

Comment

The lines in Glastonbury are so close together, our Range Rover won't even fit. Don't get me started about the Suburban. And, the surface in Portland is so horrible that I have to replace my car every 18 months because the paint gets ruined.
              That line is almost as old as the one for the hot dogs.

Comment

Speaking of veinless dogs, I heard, yesterday, that OW is adding two more full-sized fields at their Portland facility. Does anyone know if these are plastic or grass?

Comment

Speaking of veinless dogs, I heard, yesterday, that OW is adding two more full-sized fields at their Portland facility. Does anyone know if these are plastic or grass?
                  No idea - even though turf costs more obviously, it is a faster way to ramp up and improve their capacity quickly. Grass takes a while to get really established and ready for abuse. With four more teams now they need the space yesterday.

Comment

We have been hearing this for years. I will believe it when I see a game on them. Imagine the parking there if this happens. Their facility will then become the worst in the world. I guess people will just have to park on 17.

Comment

Any good soccer training going on in this place?
                      Do the local Brazilians play there?

Comment

Do the local Brazilians play there?
                        Yes Kaka and Ronaldinho fly in for the Sunday night pickup game

Comment

Yes Kaka and Ronaldinho fly in for the Sunday night pickup game
                          Nice field, but expensive. Think the field is split is in quarters at the cost of $220/hr each. If you have a huge team like 10 v 10 then it's not that expensive, but to play with that amount isn't fun and it a lot of space.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X