Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    From a field and playing standpoint, the Danbury Sports Dome is the nicest indoor facility in Connecticut. True full size field, great lighting, parking, and only a few years old. Not soccer-centric, seems to be lots of lacrosse out of there. I'd have thought they'd try to establish teams out of their (whether soccer or lacrosse). Maybe too expensive for that.

FSA is a great indoor venue and for the facility as a whole, nothing in CT compares. But it has no full-sized field to match the Danbury Sports Dome.
    East windsor, star hill, and South central also have a full sized field as would about any bubble. Here the $1M question ..... How often have they pulled back all of the nets and let your kids team play on it? Never. $1200 per team for indoor is really steep ...... Hope they have quality teams over there.

Comment

East windsor, star hill, and South central also have a full sized field as would about any bubble. Here the $1M question ..... How often have they pulled back all of the nets and let your kids team play on it? Never. $1200 per team for indoor is really steep ...... Hope they have quality teams over there.
      I was talking to them about use for something else. They have all different setups and prices. Don't take that $1200 quote at face value. For what I needed it wasn't that much higher than a few other places I contacted. Biggest issue with all these places is getting space at a time that you can use - kids don't need to be finishing at 10pm.

Comment

And those locations wouldn't work for many of the groups using Danbury. I'm sure you can get something even cheaper in Tolland county but who cares?

Comment

And those locations wouldn't work for many of the groups using Danbury. I'm sure you can get something even cheaper in Tolland county but who cares?
          The point was that all bubbles can be used for full field but they NEVER are. You might as well have walls between the fields. These places have no benefit over a non bubble except that you get to replace the bubble every 3-5 years when the snow or wind shreds them.

Comment

Star Hill does not have a full-sized field lined. Sports World did lift the net on several occasions for us when my eldest played for them (before CFC).

Comment

The point was that all bubbles can be used for full field but they NEVER are. You might as well have walls between the fields. These places have no benefit over a non bubble except that you get to replace the bubble every 3-5 years when the snow or wind shreds them.
              The Danbury dome has been used for full field for the older club teams for regular season and cup games.

Comment

The Danbury dome has been used for full field for the older club teams for regular season and cup games.
                I am sure that is HAS, but when was the last time and how regularly? For a cup game, inside? When was that?

Comment

Who cares? It's a business renting out its fields to maximize profits. If you need a full field that badly call them and ask

Comment

Who cares? It's a business renting out its fields to maximize profits. If you need a full field that badly call them and ask
                    My kids have practiced there and other indoor sites hear and far. In most cases in the winter everyone is packed in like sardines for practices - the facility wants to maximize its use and clubs are trying to keep costs down. Games are different, but you're paying more for that.

Why does someone have a bug up their azz about Danbury anyway? It's fine. They're all fine. We only need these places for a few months, and the kids could care less as long as they are playing

Comment

From a field and playing standpoint, the Danbury Sports Dome is the nicest indoor facility in Connecticut. True full size field, great lighting, parking, and only a few years old. Not soccer-centric, seems to be lots of lacrosse out of there. I'd have thought they'd try to establish teams out of their (whether soccer or lacrosse). Maybe too expensive for that.

FSA is a great indoor venue and for the facility as a whole, nothing in CT compares. But it has no full-sized field to match the Danbury Sports Dome.
                      Trumbull Sports Zone refurbished their full field. It's top notch.

Comment

Trumbull Sports Zone refurbished their full field. It's top notch.
                        Parking at that place is an abomination - god forbid a fire truck need to get in their when all the soccer moms are blocking it with their oversized SUVs

Comment

Parking at that place is an abomination - god forbid a fire truck need to get in their when all the soccer moms are blocking it with their oversized SUVs
                          Seriously? You rate every soccer facility first and foremost by it's parking lot? Progin park and Randall's Island must be dead last on your list. You have to walk a bit for Red Bulls fields from their lots too (and they are certainly undersized for 4 fields). I guess that really lowers the ranking of their facility as well.

Comment

Seriously? You rate every soccer facility first and foremost by it's parking lot? Progin park and Randall's Island must be dead last on your list. You have to walk a bit for Red Bulls fields from their lots too (and they are certainly undersized for 4 fields). I guess that really lowers the ranking of their facility as well.
                            Fenway sucks, too. Don't get me started about access to and from Gillette!

Comment

Fenway sucks, too. Don't get me started about access to and from Gillette!
                              Been to the new (or old) Yankee stadium???? Oy vey! DUMP!

Comment

Been to the new (or old) Yankee stadium???? Oy vey! DUMP!
                                Decent parking nearby the new stadium, tho.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X