Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't club coaches want to coach High School?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed. How in the world did Spanish River get to the district final? The coach stinks! They did manage to beat Douglas whose coach Laura Rountree used to be a club coach in Coral Springs and we see where both programs are in the toilet! I think there is a lot of demand on coaches time if they coach high school and it is difficult for them to coach club. The Spanish River coach couldn't get a job coaching club if he applied though.
    At least the Spanish River coach is smart enough to get help from club coaches. Laura R is a dinosaur. She hasn't coached in years and has no respect from her players. Back in the day she had a team loaded with top club players and they won in spite of her being a poor coach. Even at ODP kids complain about her because her sessions are boring and old school. She could never coach a club team other than a B or C team.

Comment

At least the Spanish River coach is smart enough to get help from club coaches. Laura R is a dinosaur. She hasn't coached in years and has no respect from her players. Back in the day she had a team loaded with top club players and they won in spite of her being a poor coach. Even at ODP kids complain about her because her sessions are boring and old school. She could never coach a club team other than a B or C team.
      My older daughter played for Laura Rountree on a great Douglas team and I can tell you that she was never a good x and o coach she was always just a disciplined coach who had a lot of great players and I mean a lot. If she has a team like the current teams who aren't loaded with top players she will never do well. She is not a real coach, she is just a disciplinarian. My niece plays on ODP and she even said the players have no respect for her. She tries to help but is really lost out there. She really needs to go and work for a good club and get some coach training if she wants to keep coaching. Club coaches ar a much higher level and she needs training it's as simple as that

Comment

Wait. There's not enough threads and posts trying to trash this one coach. Let me start art another.

Let me guess - either your kid got cut or isn't getting enough pt?

Comment

Wait. There's not enough threads and posts trying to trash this one coach. Let me start art another.

Let me guess - either your kid got cut or isn't getting enough pt?
          ? I only see her name twice so how is this thread trying to trash one coach? Have you ever read threads on this site? There are coaches and DOC's that get trashed nonstop. I happen agree with the post and think if LR went and did some coaches training at a good club it would help her get back into it. She is just another school coach who isn't really a coach and there are a lot of them out there unfortunately. Most all club coaches are much better than a history or English teacher.

Comment

If you're referring to Mike Koz...... I believe he's at Wellington. My son played for him at Coral Springs Storm. He's teams lost in the state championship or final 4. They did combined with a club from Miami and they won a Siper Y league championship. He left the club after his team graduated high school. I know his high school team won a state championship several years back. I thought he stopped coaching?

My daughter played for Rachel and Team Boca. She was by far one of the best coaches I've seen. She was able to get the best out of her teams and was a great trainer.

Comment

? I only see her name twice so how is this thread trying to trash one coach? Have you ever read threads on this site? There are coaches and DOC's that get trashed nonstop. I happen agree with the post and think if LR went and did some coaches training at a good club it would help her get back into it. She is just another school coach who isn't really a coach and there are a lot of them out there unfortunately. Most all club coaches are much better than a history or English teacher.
              There were other threads started to trash her as well. Probably what the OP was referring to.

Clearly all you posters need to have a get together with your AD if she's so terrible. Let us know how the meeting goes. Seriously - it's HS soccer and not worth getting worked into a frenzy. Grin and bear it for a little while longer, especially if your kids enjoy it. None of this matters in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Working...
              X